New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,328,649 times)

Johnny_M41A

I'm Johnny_M41A lifelong Aliens nut from England.

Been a fan from childhood. Grew up with the toys and still collecting. Used to waste my teen years playing Aliens, AvP and Alien 3 the gun in arcades and now wasting my middle age doing mostly the same on my PC.

Big fan of the Neca series but tired of waiting for yhe rest of the colonial marines ;)

genocyber

Hi there. Not sure if many remember me. Used to come here a long time back. I felt like coming back to stay a while.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny_M41A on Mar 13, 2016, 02:46:20 PM
I'm Johnny_M41A lifelong Aliens nut from England.

Been a fan from childhood. Grew up with the toys and still collecting. Used to waste my teen years playing Aliens, AvP and Alien 3 the gun in arcades and now wasting my middle age doing mostly the same on my PC.

Big fan of the Neca series but tired of waiting for yhe rest of the colonial marines ;)

Welcome to the chaos, Johnny! I think waste is the wrong word there!  :P

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 14, 2016, 04:15:42 AM
Hi there. Not sure if many remember me. Used to come here a long time back. I felt like coming back to stay a while.

And welcome back genocyber!

USCM1776

USCM1776

Yes I agree waste is wrong term. Anytime spent with something you enjoy is time well spent!

XenoZipper

Hey everybody I'm XenoZipper or just Bobby. 33 from Canada. Been a long time visitor of the site & listener of the podcasts but have finally decided to sign up & start talking with you guys. Super nerd for what I call my "Big 3" which is the Aliens, Predator & Terminator franchise. Alien was my introduction to horror/sci-fi as a young whippersnapper. I even have an alright story for the very first time I ever saw Alien but that can be saved for another time. I love all 3 somewhat equally though I do tend to lean more towards the Xenos as that was my first. I don't have a huge collection of stuff but if you'd like to see what I have for Alien stuff I'll provide a link to some pics. Look forward to nerding out with you guys over these amazing creature!

Here's my Alien stuff..
https://www.facebook.com/bobby.rafuse.7/media_set?set=a.10152477516382551.1073741880.589382550&type=1

Corporal Hicks

Welcome aboard, XenoZipper! I just saw your post on the Facebook page actually. It's a pleasure to have you signed up.

I'm jealous of that board game! I've been meaning to get one for ages and I keep seeing them pop up but I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet!

XenoZipper

Thanks a lot Hicks! It's been about 10 years or more since I was last on a forum & what better place to re-start it up again than right here with you guys that obviously have just as much a deep connection with these movies as myself if not more!

It was almost pure luck that I got a copy of that board game. I actually found it in person in some antique type store & it was just sitting there buried amongst other board games. There was no way I could pass that up, especially with the online prices these days. I think I got it for $30 or somewhere around there. Thanks again for the welcome!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 09:26:06 AM
Thanks a lot Hicks! It's been about 10 years or more since I was last on a forum & what better place to re-start it up again than right here with you guys that obviously have just as much a deep connection with these movies as myself if not more!

Doesn't seem like there's really many forums left alive and kicking these days! Glad you found your way to ours.  :)

QuoteIt was almost pure luck that I got a copy of that board game. I actually found it in person in some antique type store & it was just sitting there buried amongst other board games. There was no way I could pass that up, especially with the online prices these days. I think I got it for $30 or somewhere around there. Thanks again for the welcome!

That's a damn steal! Lucky bugger. Have you played it?

XenoZipper

Yea unfortunately with Facebook and Twitter around the Message Board days seem to be dying off pretty fast. It's a shame honestly. Yep I actually played that board game finally for the first time a few months ago with my brother. It wasn't too bad. Kinda weird the way the rules are explained in the instructions but I think we were playing it correctly or close enough to it haha

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 10:10:29 AM
Yea unfortunately with Facebook and Twitter around the Message Board days seem to be dying off pretty fast. It's a shame honestly.

Too right. I can appreciate the ease of Facebook groups, being all there in one place but I prefer how organized and structured forums are.  :)

QuoteYep I actually played that board game finally for the first time a few months ago with my brother. It wasn't too bad. Kinda weird the way the rules are explained in the instructions but I think we were playing it correctly or close enough to it haha

Haha.  :laugh: That's always the danger without any demos. How was it? Silly? Or did it feel like Alien?

XenoZipper

I would say the game is a little bit silly BUT in the right frame of mind with the right people could have potential to be Alien. In short form, for a 2 player game, each player controls a Nostromo crew member & an Alien to control. The goal is to go around the board & essentially get into the middle to the Narcissist. First player there wins. The fun Alien factor to it is that YOUR alien cannot hurt YOU.It's used to go after the other player & is able to use air ducts to jump ahead to certain spots & really block a person off. That's where it definitely has the Alien potential if you're with the right people in the right mind set. I honestly should check on Youtube sometime if there's any video footage of people playing it. I also have the Dawn of the Dead board game from the 70s which I've never played yet but it does look pretty interesting that's for sure!

Corporal Hicks

That does sound fun to be fair.  :P I'll have a gander on eBay later. See if I can find out at a more reasonable price. Thanks!

XenoZipper

Yea it seriously wasn't that bad of an experience at all. Me & my brother just joke around a lot when we're playing games or watching movies so that might have been why it had a little bit of silly to it. Hopefully you can find one sometime! I do know the price of it now can get pretty stupid. I think I came across one on ebay that was unopened & the guy wanted near $1000 for it! I may be insane for the Xenos but I'm not crazy to pay a grand for a board game haha

thexenomorph

Hi! I'm here for my love of Alien, Predator, and Prometheus! :)
I can't wait for Alien Covenant!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the party, xenomorph! We're looking forward to seeing more on it too.  :)

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 11:34:51 AM
I think I came across one on ebay that was unopened & the guy wanted near $1000 for it! I may be insane for the Xenos but I'm not crazy to pay a grand for a board game haha

Sometimes that collector's urge is just too hard to resist.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed