New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,295 times)

maldoror001

Hi Guys,
thanks for accepting me on this forum.
So well I am French, 42 years old and so a huge fan of Alien since I saw it the 1st time a long time ago.
The perfect movie : the good director, the good actors, the good plot, the good artist (Giger) at the same moment.
Generally speaking I am as well a fan of comics (Hellboy, Marvel), novels, paintings, every forms of Art.
Cheers Guys.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the war!

immortal

immortal

Hi all, Happy to have found this site :)

I used to help run alienexperience.com many years ago (and still own the domain) but I have not been active much for a number of years.

It is great to see a site with such recent activity, members and news, so I thought I would join up and be a bit more active again,

This weekend I went to an event for Halloween at the Nation space centre in Leicester (UK), where we watched Aliens, they had an exhibition by UKCM with props from the film, and a Q&A with Terry English and Trevor Steedman. I really enjoyed it and inspired me to get back into it!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Welcome, immortal!I recognize the name but I just can't place it. Did you and Hicks work on Alien Experience together? Wait...did you work on that old CGI AvP film?

QuoteThis weekend I went to an event for Halloween at the Nation space centre in Leicester (UK), where we watched Aliens, they had an exhibition by UKCM with props from the film, and a Q&A with Terry English and Trevor Steedman. I really enjoyed it and inspired me to get back into it!

I didn't go this year but I went last. I love going to the UKCM events.

http://www.alienexperience.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:mike-gill-project-leader-avp-fan-film&catid=36:interviews&Itemid=50

I was close! You interviewed the fellow! lol

immortal

immortal

It was just me and Hicks at one point!

I didn't work on the film, but I used to get updates until they got cease and desist from Fox :(

There were actually two CGI films if I remember correctly, one was a single persons effort, and the other was a side project from a studio which looked pretty amazing.

I did actually create a few 3D scenes of my own, but never got very far! This must have been 10-15 years ago now...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: immortal on Nov 03, 2015, 09:25:13 AM
It was just me and Hicks at one point!

How long ago was that?

QuoteThere were actually two CGI films if I remember correctly, one was a single persons effort, and the other was a side project from a studio which looked pretty amazing.

There was the AvP one by Mike and that Colonial Marines one?

QuoteI did actually create a few 3D scenes of my own, but never got very far! This must have been 10-15 years ago now...

Is it something you still do?

immortal

immortal

How long ago was that?

I'm not sure exactly, but looking at way back when archive, it must have been around 2001/02

QuoteThere was the AvP one by Mike and that Colonial Marines one?

Yeah, it would be fun to find them again, but I think they have got lost on the internet!

Is it something you still do?

No, my career as a 3D animator never took off, but I am a designer!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: immortal on Nov 03, 2015, 10:03:47 AM
I'm not sure exactly, but looking at way back when archive, it must have been around 2001/02

And I feel old! lol

QuoteYeah, it would be fun to find them again, but I think they have got lost on the internet!

I just went off searching when you posted. I've found the Colonial Marines one - https://vimeo.com/16435805
I only ever remember clips from AvP on AXP. I remember water tests and Alien movement tests.

QuoteNo, my career as a 3D animator never took off, but I am a designer!

Sorry to hear! But as long as you enjoy what you do!

immortal

immortal

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2015, 10:06:13 AM
And I feel old! lol
I would have been 17 back then.

Thanks for finding that video!

Corporal Hicks

Not a problem, at all! I hope you enjoy it here! I look forward to reading more from you.  :)

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 02, 2015, 09:21:14 PM
Welcome, immortal!I recognize the name but I just can't place it. Did you and Hicks work on Alien Experience together? Wait...did you work on that old CGI AvP film?

QuoteThis weekend I went to an event for Halloween at the Nation space centre in Leicester (UK), where we watched Aliens, they had an exhibition by UKCM with props from the film, and a Q&A with Terry English and Trevor Steedman. I really enjoyed it and inspired me to get back into it!

I didn't go this year but I went last. I love going to the UKCM events.

http://www.alienexperience.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:mike-gill-project-leader-avp-fan-film&catid=36:interviews&Itemid=50

I was close! You interviewed the fellow! lol
What is UKCM.

Corporal Hicks

They're a cosplay group in the UK. United Kingdom Colonial Marines. If you've seen some UK based promotions and Colonial Marines or Aliens there, odds are they're the UKCM.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2015, 06:12:28 PM
They're a cosplay group in the UK. United Kingdom Colonial Marines. If you've seen some UK based promotions and Colonial Marines or Aliens there, odds are they're the UKCM.
Thanks

QuiGonGinNJuice

Hi, I have been a huge fan of the comics and most of the movies. Glad to be an active member here. I just got the complete  and stone but wont read it till I fly to see my dad in Laos 26ish hours all together so a giant book like this should help.

Also I play the 2010 game on Xbox 360 and want to find more players.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the madness!  :) Be sure to let us know what you think of Fire and Stone. There's a few nice big threads in the Literature board that you might enjoy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed