Gearbox Confirmed as FPS Developers

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 15, 2006, 05:29:12 PM

Author
Gearbox Confirmed as FPS Developers (Read 8,875 times)

Cellien

I thought it was announced officially for both 360 and PS3.. but I don't know.  You can bet for sure it will be on the 360 because of its large fanbase.  I would expect it to be on PS3 as well.

The Diesel

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 15, 2006, 08:28:13 PM
It certainly sounds promising. Too bad I'll never have a X360 or PS3. I can't believe it's not on PC.   :-\

All I've been waiting for, for the past 4 years is another PC FPS.
Is it not coming out on PC?  Man that sucks.

Snowfox

I've seen a lot of sources that say it's coming out for the PC as well.

But it might be one of those deals where that doesn't happen until a year or so after the consoles...

... also playing an FPS on a console is like a throwback to those old 2D FPS games like Duke Nukem where you only looked up and down because you could.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: Spaghetti on May 10, 2007, 03:20:02 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2007, 10:05:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/aliengear.jpg

So...they've got their own Alien caged up at Gearbox. Feeding it Geareal apparently. I hope he escapes eventually.

heh thats pretty funny. its been a while since anything aliens came out of gearbox. Nice

animal cruelty.   i'm reporting them to FEMA

Huol

Huol

Quote from: The Diesel on Sep 11, 2007, 04:22:57 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Dec 15, 2006, 08:28:13 PM
It certainly sounds promising. Too bad I'll never have a X360 or PS3. I can't believe it's not on PC.   :-\

All I've been waiting for, for the past 4 years is another PC FPS.
Is it not coming out on PC?  Man that sucks.

Neither was halo 2 hint hint.

I am Mother

I am Mother

If the multiplayer is even HALF as good as Call Of Duty 4 I'll die a happy man!!

One thing I'd like to find out though is if the Aliens are gonna be playable characters? That would ruke!

def

def

i waited till only a few months ago to get my first ps2 that's just because i'm ludicrously cheap and refused to buy one until my friend sold me his old one for $20. alternatively when and if i do get one of these newer systems i'll probably be getting a wii because it's just plain more interesting. the other two are just the same thing as their predecessors only they've got more horsepower now. the only reason i'll get a ps3 is for the new mgs game. there's not a lot else on that console that interests me.

anyways, an aliens fps would be pretty cool but didn't we kinda already have that with the avp games? i don't see how playing as an alien or a space marine could be much more than that although i'm sure the game will look and sound awesome i don't have much hope for the gameplay.

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: def on Dec 15, 2007, 07:56:24 PM
i waited till only a few months ago to get my first ps2 that's just because i'm ludicrously cheap and refused to buy one until my friend sold me his old one for $20. alternatively when and if i do get one of these newer systems i'll probably be getting a wii because it's just plain more interesting. the other two are just the same thing as their predecessors only they've got more horsepower now. the only reason i'll get a ps3 is for the new mgs game. there's not a lot else on that console that interests me.

anyways, an aliens fps would be pretty cool but didn't we kinda already have that with the avp games? i don't see how playing as an alien or a space marine could be much more than that although i'm sure the game will look and sound awesome i don't have much hope for the gameplay.

I just got a Wii dude and it's awesome. I think that Microsoft or Sony completely underestimated how appealing and addictive that kind of gameplay could be. Thing is though that Xbox and Playstation have alot more growing to do in terms of graphics and game depth so you really need to get one to enjoy this game when it comes out because I can't see it coming out on Wii.

Danger Close

Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 09, 2007, 05:52:08 PM
If the multiplayer is even HALF as good as Call Of Duty 4 I'll die a happy man!!

One thing I'd like to find out though is if the Aliens are gonna be playable characters? That would ruke!

The game "Darkness" tried multiplayer with the option to play as creatures and it sucked. The balance is way off. It's a nice concept, just not fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed