What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,837,266 times)

Quote from: samoht on Mar 14, 2011, 08:21:02 AM
Watching the news about whats happened in Japan.

Also, dumb Americans on Facebook saying shit like

"Japan looks like Pearl Harbour did. Ain't Karma a bitch!"

if they want "karma", well, lets just wait for when america looks like hiroshima did.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

I rekon California is next. The moon will be at it closest in something like 17 years in a few days time, so fault lines and volcano residents beware!!!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Wait what.
I'm on a fault line here in Cali.

Vulhala

Vulhala

The moon is at it's closest in it's cycle over the next few days. So it's gravity will cause more stress on the Earth.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Yeah San Andreas fault line is about due for one. Its an inland fault line so most likely wont produce tsunami like in Japan. It usually quakes every 15-20 years or so and the last one was in '03 and are generally Magnitude 6 on average. I think the moons gravity may tip it. Im no scientist so dont take my word for it.

QUOTED from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Andreas_Fault
A study completed by Yuri Fialko[9] has demonstrated that the San Andreas fault has been stressed to a level sufficient for the next "big one," as it is commonly called; that is, an earthquake of magnitude 7.0 or greater. The study also concluded that the risk of a large earthquake may be increasing more rapidly than researchers had previously believed.

..it also went onto write...
If such an earthquake were to occur, Fialko's study stated, it would result in substantial damage to Palm Springs and a number of other cities in San Bernardino, Riverside and Imperial counties in California, and Mexicali municipality in Baja California. Such an event would be felt throughout much of Southern California, including densely populated areas of metropolitan Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Ensenada and Tijuana, Baja California, San Luis Rio Colorado in Sonora and Yuma, Arizona.

If anyone lives in these areas please just stay prepared.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I got family in San Diego  :(

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Least i'm living in PA so im away from anything like that.  :laugh:

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Fujimaster on Mar 14, 2011, 11:08:35 AM
Yeah San Andreas fault line is about due for one. Its an inland fault line so most likely wont produce tsunami like in Japan. It usually quakes every 15-20 years or so and the last one was in '03 and are generally Magnitude 6 on average. I think the moons gravity may tip it. Im no scientist so dont take my word for it.

QUOTED from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Andreas_Fault
A study completed by Yuri Fialko[9] has demonstrated that the San Andreas fault has been stressed to a level sufficient for the next "big one," as it is commonly called; that is, an earthquake of magnitude 7.0 or greater. The study also concluded that the risk of a large earthquake may be increasing more rapidly than researchers had previously believed.

..it also went onto write...
If such an earthquake were to occur, Fialko's study stated, it would result in substantial damage to Palm Springs and a number of other cities in San Bernardino, Riverside and Imperial counties in California, and Mexicali municipality in Baja California. Such an event would be felt throughout much of Southern California, including densely populated areas of metropolitan Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Ensenada and Tijuana, Baja California, San Luis Rio Colorado in Sonora and Yuma, Arizona.

If anyone lives in these areas please just stay prepared.

EMMERICH WAS RIGHT!!!

Spoiler
(not)
[close]

Lie

Lie

No new Fairy Tail Manga or Anime and no new Gantz Manga... I fear the worst... :'(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Mar 14, 2011, 08:19:37 AM
Ill post it.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/03/13/greene.boy.murder/index.html?hpt=T2
I... Jesus.
It's.... horrifying. I don't know, everytime I hear of stories like this I question the innocence of children. Those two should be marked with fire for what they've done.
And that poor brother... I don't know what to say. I feel for him even if he's a murderer. Memories like that never cease to haunt your mind.

chupacabras acheronsis

happens every day.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 14, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
happens every day.
Which does nothing to take away from the fact that it sucks.
What happened to the news stories about people doing decent things? I miss reading tales of heroism, but those jackasses at the papers think that stuff won't sell anymore.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

My stupid PC is not letting me click on anything with some arrow on it, I can't view my playlist on Youtube or use the search bar on the site. And Google is running slow as well.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Laptop just crashed into a wall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed