What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,836,243 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 29, 2012, 04:47:16 PM
is she stabilized at least?

Yeah, at least she is stabilized.  Now it's just the waiting for her to be seen to and have the CT or MRI done.  And this waiting is killing me.

Eva

Eva

So sorry to hear that, Vickers.  :'(

If the doctors estimate it's 'just' a concussion, she should be ok with some rest, care and someone to monitor her for a while. I hope the best for you.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 29, 2012, 04:31:21 PM
Just found out my sister is in hospital with concussion and I think they're doing tests.  I'm worried sick right now.  I don't have my own car at the moment but luckily my mother and brother-in-law are there.  I just feel helpless and I'm having an anxiety attack.

oh god... sorry to hear that... :/

Hoping for the best... take care.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Man, that's a shitty thing to happen. J:

Hoping the best for her health, Vicks.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 29, 2012, 07:02:06 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Oct 29, 2012, 04:31:21 PM
Just found out my sister is in hospital with concussion and I think they're doing tests.  I'm worried sick right now.  I don't have my own car at the moment but luckily my mother and brother-in-law are there.  I just feel helpless and I'm having an anxiety attack.

oh god... sorry to hear that... :/

Hoping for the best... take care.

:(

Vickers

Vickers

She was allowed to come home tonight.  The doctor said she is very, very lucky.  X-rays and everything else were clear.  All we have to do is monitor her for a week while she recovers and look out for any warning signs.

She was cycling with my brother-in-law when they heard a crack and the next thing they were lying on the ground with their bikes f**ked up.  A tree (or part of a tree anyway) fell on her and scraped my brother-in-law.  (What are the chances of a tree falling on you?).  One of the bicycles (hers) is completely destroyed while the other can still be repaired.  So you must know how lucky my sister is to escape with no serious injuries if the bikes looked like that.  She's covered in scrapes, swollen almost everywhere and her helmet is cracked from where the tree hit her.  No broken bones, no serious head injuries.  I'm not religious but I almost feel like there was something looking out for them.

So relieved!

Shasvre

Shasvre

It's a good thing she wore a helmet then. Many people just ignore that.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 29, 2012, 09:12:55 PM
It's a good thing she wore a helmet then. Many people just ignore that.

Yup.  I don't even want to think of what could have been if she didn't wear her helmet.

Nightmare Asylum

Very, very glad to hear that, Vickers.

Vickers

Vickers

Thanks, guys.  Really appreciate the concern and support.

Eva

Eva

So happy to hear that, V!  :)

She should keep that helmet as a memory and reminder of why you should wear it. I'll try harder to remember to bring mine whenever I cycle anywhere now.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

f**k, barely reading about what happened, good thing I walked in reading that everything turned out ok.

chupacabras acheronsis

a blackout happened moments ago. I lost a full page of progress in the comic.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 29, 2012, 09:45:33 PM

I feel for you man.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 29, 2012, 09:45:33 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuu

Use that energy; bend its darkness to your will, and release it upon a new page, concentrated, penetrating... destroy the blankness that follows with power.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed