Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 164,711 times)

peanut8

peanut8

Awesome news. I really enjoyed PB, but to be honest I liked CoR more. Maybe its because I saw it first or maybe because the ending to it was just so goddamn freakin' awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 05, 2010, 10:00:49 PM
Sexy time. CoR had some completely WTF moments, they'd be much better served going back to PB's basic brutality whilst putting it in CoR's expanded horizon.

That sounds interesting. Any way you were thinking of going about it?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: sweeteyes on Jun 12, 2008, 09:32:09 AM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 12, 2008, 09:16:29 AM
Btw, anyone ever wonder how the hell they talked Dame Judi Dench into CoR? Wtf was she thinking?

She was awesome.... 8)

Vin Diesel was a total sweetheart to her, giving her a bouquet of flowers and asking her to take the role. He's a big fan.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2010, 10:42:58 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Feb 05, 2010, 10:00:49 PM
Sexy time. CoR had some completely WTF moments, they'd be much better served going back to PB's basic brutality whilst putting it in CoR's expanded horizon.

That sounds interesting. Any way you were thinking of going about it?

Isolate the cast: put them somewhere hostile, not necessarily forbidden planet, but somewhere inimical and isolated, a military project, a prison, a derelict ship or pirate haven.

Ultra super bastard enemies: Not just big talk and all attitude only to be 1-2ed by Riddick, but actual bad asses with SKILLS. Super Mercs, a Special Forces team, Alien Bounty Hunters from Hell, something big and bad, like Alien and Human Mercs/Assassins with stolen Necro Tech. Riddick needs to shut them down before he gets blamed for their shit as new Necro rep. A Necro Kill Team activated when Riddick became leader, they hunt him down to see whether or not he's fit enough to rule.

Dark Ugly and Viscious, no comic book time, no roleplaying campaigns, just back to basics against an impossible enemy whilst wearing goggles and talking mad smack

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

On a semi-related note, just recently watched CoR: Dark Fury.

Shit was cash.

Xhan

Xhan

Indeed.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

CoR was just to big a step to soon imo.  Chronicles felt more like a finale than it did a true sequel.

Needed a moderate step to get to that point imo.

Chronicles of Riddick games are pretty underrated.  Nothing you haven't really seen before, but its got very good production values, voice acting, and captures the feel of being a badass perfectly.

Nothing like walking into a room of arrogant mercs armed with rifles and taking them out with just a knife.

Plus its got some good quotes:

"Is she coming back?"

"No.  When I say goodbye, it's forever."

Xhan

Xhan

EfBB and DA are the best movie licensed games ever made, period. And their melee is only matched by JKA/JKII.

severen76

severen76

I'd prefer it if they left out all the Necromonger stuff and just used mercs or something. I wasn't a big fan of the supernatural space opera thing Chronicles did.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 06, 2010, 03:09:16 AM
EfBB and DA are the best movie licensed games ever made, period. And their melee is only matched by JKA/JKII.

I disagree, GoldenEye is the best. EfBB is 2nd best while DA is eh. It was just an add-on.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Feb 06, 2010, 12:59:41 AM
Quote from: sweeteyes on Jun 12, 2008, 09:32:09 AM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 12, 2008, 09:16:29 AM
Btw, anyone ever wonder how the hell they talked Dame Judi Dench into CoR? Wtf was she thinking?

She was awesome.... 8)

Vin Diesel was a total sweetheart to her, giving her a bouquet of flowers and asking her to take the role. He's a big fan.

Apparently her grandchildren were also huge fans of Pitch Black.

By the way, I really liked Chronicles of Riddick - the THEATRICAL CUT. The Director's Cut is full of "WTF?!" moments. Like the mysterious dream-woman who's never explained, or the fact that Riddick REMEMBERS his infancy, or the fact that he can somehow fire blue circles of energy out of his body (?!?!?!).  None of this shit is in the theatrical.

Xhan

Xhan

I'd say GE is third or fourth, as I am completely unenamored of nostalgia.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 06, 2010, 03:23:28 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Feb 06, 2010, 03:09:16 AM

I disagree, GoldenEye is the best. EfBB is 2nd best while DA is eh. It was just an add-on.

I liked all of Dark Athena more than EfBB except the landside bits.  Much preferred to be on the ship.  True it didnt have as many role playing bits, but it was faster paced and slightly more action oriented.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Vin Diesel Confirmed for Third "Chronicles of Riddick"

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=16747&count=0

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Looking forward to it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed