Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 164,627 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wouldn't go that far, but I'll admit, I was surprised she agreed to star in it since she isn't a sci-fi actress.

superfabpredfan420

superfabpredfan420

they really did rush the story too fast for COR, instead of just outright introducing the Necromongers , they should had Riddick being pursued by bounty hunters across the galaxy while eventually tracking down the the employers leading up a 3rd film where he duels with the  Lord Marshal and becomes leader.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: superfabpredfan420 on Jun 12, 2008, 01:56:29 PM
they really did rush the story too fast for COR, instead of just outright introducing the Necromongers , they should had Riddick being pursued by bounty hunters across the galaxy while eventually tracking down the the employers leading up a 3rd film where he duels with the  Lord Marshal and becomes leader.

Yeah, but then they would have to make a 4th movie!  ;D I don't feel it was rushed, especially when at the first of Pitch Black it starts you out with no back story to Riddick or what is going on. I don't feel Chronicles pacing was all that different from Pitch Black.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11267

EXCL: David Twohy on Continuing the Riddick Saga
Source:Edward Douglas August 1, 2009

Quote:

"I've sketched out two ideas for the next installment," he told us during the exclusive interview. "Vin and I have decided on one approach of those two, and there's some interest at the studio level but it would be as a PG-13 film, and we don't want to do that anymore. That's one of the concessions we thought we made with 'Riddick' that we shouldn't have made. We also spent too much money and we were too ambitions, so yes, if we do go back to a third one, it will be focused again, hopefully again the same way that 'Pitch Black' was, and we'll spend less money doing it. We're just trying to figure out how much less we can do it for, because I don't think Vin is going to work for scale again."

"The third movie would be more modestly-scaled and it would probably feel more like 'Pitch Black' then 'Chronicles'," he continued. "It will always be Riddick-centric. If the question is whether it will be more like the first one than the second one, the difference is that yeah, you can sell it on its creatures and say 'This is a creature fest and we're going to go out as us vs. the creatures' but that's like a lot of different movies. However, the hallmark of a good movie, and I think 'Pitch Black' is a good movie, is that even if you took the creatures out of the picture, you'd still have some pretty interesting character dynamics going on within that group, and it's almost like you can tell the same story without the creature or substitute some other external pressure on the group, because there were internal pressures as well that were interesting. So was it really a creature feature? It had the hallmarks of it, the trappings of a creature movie, but it also had pretty good characters."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt really like "Chronicles" that much. I think there were some very nice visuals and I like the Riddick character, but I totally prefer "Pitch Black" and am happy to see Twohy/Vin seem to agree that going back into the direction of "Pitch Black" is the way to go =)

If they ever make an AVP3, I want to see Twohy write and direct it. I think he would be really good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nice, glad to hear he's going back to a Pitch Black type of movie. CoR was OK at best, at least I found it entertaining.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Awgustas

Awgustas

Oh God, I hated the 1st one...

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

What, Pitch Black?  ???

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It's already scouting:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18263

I'm not sure if someone already posted this.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes, another Riddick film! I loved the 2 previous ones.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeah, I loved them too. Looking forward to this. :)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Make that three of us!

Pitch Black and The Chronicles Of Riddick are both great (yet very different) films...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Make that four! PB was awesome, it's underrated IMO. CoR was tolerable, but not a good sequel.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2010, 09:22:45 PM
Make that four! PB was awesome, it's underrated IMO. CoR was tolerable, but not a good sequel.

Agreed. To me it didn't really seem like a sequel, more like a spin-off, the tone was so different.

Xhan

Xhan

Sexy time. CoR had some completely WTF moments, they'd be much better served going back to PB's basic brutality whilst putting it in CoR's expanded horizon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed