Started by Chris P, May 29, 2008, 10:09:26 PM

Which ALIEN design did you preffer out of:  AVP  &   AVPR

AVP
175 (66.8%)
AVPR
87 (33.2%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author
Which ALIEN design did you prefer out of: AVP & AVPR (Read 92,344 times)

TJ Doc

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 21, 2010, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 21, 2010, 06:27:14 PM
Alien had its bad moments...
http://i50.tinypic.com/23s85g6.jpg

:D

It is a shame, though, how right at the end of the film we get that really unconvincing shot of the Alien in space.

Xeros Kore

No, they looked like living creatures, with a distinct biomechanical feel. Couple that up with the great lighting that they used in the film, and it was a seamless effect.

The actual design of the suit? Okay, here you go, but I warn you, it is nauseating:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/productionstills/productionstill36.jpg

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/productionstills/productionstill37.jpg

yes, i perfer this to AvP's.  And two thoughts of "man in suit" come to mind in the originals.  In ALIEN when dallas is killed/captured it is painfully obvious that a guy that just reaches his arms out.  In ALIENS, when the marines are first entcountering the aliens, it is obvious that a person in a suit is wire-lifted from a wall and grasps ahold of whoever the marine was..

SpaceMarines

I loved the Dallas "jazz-hands" capture! That was one of the most tense and scary moments in the film, and for me that was not a bad shot at all. As for the Aliens bit, it's been a while since I saw that, so I can't comment.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 21, 2010, 06:36:25 PM

It is a shame, though, how right at the end of the film we get that really unconvincing shot of the Alien in space.

It is a shame, but the rest of the film more than made up for that.

TJ Doc

Indeed. Oh, and -

QuoteI loved the Dallas "jazz-hands" capture! That was one of the most tense and scary moments in the film, and for me that was not a bad shot at all. As for the Aliens bit, it's been a while since I saw that, so I can't comment.

Spoiler
[close]

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 21, 2010, 07:02:02 PM
Indeed. Oh, and -

QuoteI loved the Dallas "jazz-hands" capture! That was one of the most tense and scary moments in the film, and for me that was not a bad shot at all. As for the Aliens bit, it's been a while since I saw that, so I can't comment.

Spoiler
[close]

You see! All he wants to do is hug! *returns hug to Alien*

Navaha

Indeed. Oh, and -

Spoiler
[close]

JESUS CHRIST DON'T DO THAT TO ME I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS AN ALIEN IN THAT SPOILER. :'(

*Curls up in a ball in the corner and mutters to himself*

...Of course, after that I read the caption and lol'd. :P

SpaceMarines

I'm sorry. Sometimes TJ can be so insensitive.

Drago-Morph

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 21, 2010, 05:53:36 AM
I prefer the AvPR design.

Personally, I feel it was truer to the concept of the Alien creature. Where AvP depicted them as slender - if horrific - avatars of death, AvPR got it right. Their sheer bulk and infantile physical attributes were perfect.

Let's be honest; Giger and Scott were nutjobs to make the Alien as it was. Psychosexuality? Disgusting. Strength and resilience? No-one wants to watch something where the villain might actually win. Intelligence? Not necessary for a drone under the express psychic command of a Queen.

On that topic, the Queen really should've been in Alien. Scott was a complete retard for leaving it out. After all, how cool is the Queen, aight?

Never, ever do this again. I just got back from the hospital.

My brain had lit itself on fire.

ShadowStalker

Indeed. Oh, and -

Spoiler
[close]

Shit man think i just soiled my fing pants!!!! *takes deep breath*

SpaceMarines

But all it wants is a hug!

superdeathpredator

It was funny when I first saw that part I jumped but then I knew he just wanted to give Dallas a hug

XenoVC

The stiff Alien that flys after Wolf punches onto the hospital roof in AVPR was probably a homage to Alien.

Anyone?

DoomRulz

Nah, at least that Alien's tail bent and its arms curved back a little. Kane's Son went totally stiff as a board.

XenoVC

QuoteBut that does not solve the fact that Alien is from 1979, AvPR instead is from 2007. 28 freakin'years of improvement, for what?

shakermakerman

nothing wrong with that shot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed