The Avengers (2012)

Started by MudButt, May 05, 2008, 04:53:42 AM

Author
The Avengers (2012) (Read 1,329,313 times)

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Not trying to sound sensitive but when I hear someone compare a alien attack to 9/11 it annoys me. Now thanks to Vulhala, I can get if you meant what he stated. But still the tone of 9/11..... no. That was horror, watching that on tv.... the following years being a american/saudi in the united states.......... f**k that!

While watching the avengers i did not get a 9/11 tone at all.

Edit- Read you post above... I know what you mean by the audience being able to tap into.... but not in this movie. It was an 'Invasion' flick. Invasion movies were coming out before the events of 9/11 and the fact i hear someone comparing a story that has been used for YEARS to 9/11.... But no hate. I still love ya <3

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think this invasion was about a million times more serious than 9/11 could've ever hoped to be.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: osiris. on May 07, 2012, 04:13:59 PM
Not trying to sound sensitive but when I hear someone compare a alien attack to 9/11 it annoys me. Now thanks to Vulhala, I can get if you meant what he stated. But still the tone of 9/11..... no. That was horror, watching that on tv.... the following years being a american/saudi in the united states.......... f**k that!

Edit- Read you post above... I know what you mean by the audience being able to tap into.... but not in this movie. It was an 'Invasion' flick. Invasion movies were coming out before the events of 9/11 and the fact i hear someone comparing a story that has been used for YEARS to 9/11.... But no hate. I still love ya <3

Spoiler
Right, "tone" was probably the wrong word. but as a writer, I get that you want the audience to have a certain reaciton, and you want them in a specific mindset for the sequence. What made me think of it was all the shots from streetlevel looking up, usually with Cap. So it kinda made me feel somewhat powerless, as the only thing he could really do was get his team into necessary positions.

I recognize that invasions are old hat, but I think they were trying to tap into something to give this particular one a very different feeling. Thanks for letting me explain.
[close]

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2012, 04:17:49 PM
I think this invasion was about a million times more serious than 9/11 could've ever hoped to be.

That's not even offensive, it's just dumb.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Jesus f**k, Doom :laugh:

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: Ruadh on May 07, 2012, 04:19:08 PM
Quote from: osiris. on May 07, 2012, 04:13:59 PM

Spoiler
Right, "tone" was probably the wrong word. but as a writer, I get that you want the audience to have a certain reaciton, and you want them in a specific mindset for the sequence. What made me think of it was all the shots from streetlevel looking up, usually with Cap. So it kinda made me feel somewhat powerless, as the only thing he could really do was get his team into necessary positions.

I recognize that invasions are old hat, but I think they were trying to tap into something to give this particular one a very different feeling. Thanks for letting me explain.
[close]

That's not even offensive, it's just dumb.

Well thanks to your explaining your not a complete dumbass :P jk All in all i guess each to his own right ;)

ohhhhhh doom  :-*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 04:20:14 PM

Jesus f**k, Doom :laugh:

Well I mean, come on! Human enslavement by a being that is cosmic,
Spoiler
(Thanos)
[close]
along with leveling every city on Earth by said cosmic being and his army vs. one country invading another.

;D

Ruadh

Ruadh

Anyway.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 04:06:49 PM
An attack that came completely out of the blue, which the authorities were woefully unprepared for?
Haha was that supposed to be a pun? Anyways, he does have point there about an "unprepared attack" but still, no need to compare to 9/11.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 07, 2012, 04:36:25 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 04:06:49 PM
An attack that came completely out of the blue, which the authorities were woefully unprepared for?
Haha was that supposed to be a pun? Anyways, he does have point there about an "unprepared attack" but still, no need to compare to 9/11.

Ugh. I wasn't comparing it to 9/11. I was saying that I think they were trying to tap into that sorta emotion. It's a superhero movie, I get it.

Also, how is "blue" a pun? It's just an expression.

I do give you points for not calling it ironic though.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Duh, I know that's an expression, just the 'attack' did come from a portal that happened to be blue. Which made it a pun for me. Ever heard of smart humor?

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 07, 2012, 04:42:54 PM
Duh, I know that's an expression, just the 'attack' did come from a portal that happened to be blue. Which made it a pun for me. Ever heard of smart humor?

That gave me such a grin.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Alright. Let's head this one off at the pass, shall we? ;)

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 04:47:14 PM

Darn Vul, I was just about to jump in with some crazy comebacks!

Haha, jay kay boo boo. I'll just go ahead and talk about how much I love Hawkeye because I never do that anyways  ;D

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: MudButt on May 07, 2012, 04:48:55 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 04:47:14 PM

Haha, jay kay boo boo. I'll just go ahead and talk about how much I love Hawkeye because I never do that anyways  ;D

Were you happy with how he was used in this?

Ruadh

Ruadh

One thing about Hawkeye I appreciated
Spoiler

Was how they found a way to work in about him being a villain in the beginning, then joining the team. it was a clever way of not making him completely unlikable.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed