AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 235,941 times)

StrangeShape

To answer the topic at hand, The Predator. I was floored and my mouth was literally open at the shock of how incredibly bad is and how an adult could write such script, nevermind direct it and who green lit it to go to theaters? Transformers cartoon is more mature and targeted for an older audience than this ridiculousness. AVP:R is a horror masterpiece next to it. Its like a fan made youtube movie. Characters are caricatures, nothing is in any way believable or grounded, oh I can go on and on but I don't feel like talking about something I completely don't care for. I think a lot of us know how bad it is. There can be movies that are bad but still very very enjoyable for multitude of reasons. This has nothing. Like a said, a youtube film made by a fan that threw everything in it for joke

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Predator's opening scene in Mexico is better than all of AVP:R put together.

Corporal Hicks

The whole lab escape sequence too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Other than the Predator just waking up and getting off the table like he's simply got bored of lying there, yeah.

I especially love when grabs the assault rifle off a dead guard and starts mowing guys down with it. That was ace.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2020, 08:33:53 AM
The Predator's opening scene in Mexico is better than all of AVP:R put together.

Ugh, no way. From the tough-guy wannabe cringe-worthy bet, to Quinn putting on the tech and accidentally firing yet hitting the Predator, it's so rough to sit through (for me).

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2020, 09:21:54 AM
The whole lab escape sequence too.

Now that was fun. I wish the whole movie took place in that lab and corresponding Stargate facility under lockdown.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2020, 09:50:24 AM
Other than the Predator just waking up and getting off the table like he's simply got bored of lying there, yeah.

He apparently was playing possum. :-\

QuoteI especially love when grabs the assault rifle off a dead guard and starts mowing guys down with it. That was ace.

Me too, but minor gripe: A thing that bothered me is how the Predator fired the assault rifle in huge horizontal arcs like a cave-man who's never fired a weapon before. I know what Black was going for, human weapons are alien to the Fugitive, but the Predator is an intelligent creature enough to get the concept of aiming. :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2020, 11:42:51 AMUgh, no way. From the tough-guy wannabe cringe-worthy bet, to Quinn putting on the tech and accidentally firing yet hitting the Predator, it's so rough to sit through (for me).

I fail to see how their banter is any more ridiculous than Blain's sexual Tyrannosaurs schtick. If anything, it sounds a hell of a lot more like the actual macabre humour real soldiers revel in than any of the OTT 80s one-liners in the original film.

And perhaps the Predator weapon hit its target because that's what it's designed to do?

Also, the bit where Haines is bisected his innards fall down and reveal the cloaked Predator's face is one of the best images from any Predator movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2020, 11:59:51 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2020, 11:42:51 AMUgh, no way. From the tough-guy wannabe cringe-worthy bet, to Quinn putting on the tech and accidentally firing yet hitting the Predator, it's so rough to sit through (for me).

I fail to see how their banter is any more ridiculous than Blain's sexual Tyrannosaurs schtick. If anything, it sounds a hell of a lot more like the actual macabre humour real soldiers revel in than any of the OTT 80s one-liners in the original film.

The difference is Boyd Holbrook versus Jesse Ventura. He's miscast. His tough wise cracking 80s tough guy just doesn't work for me. It's cringe when it should be cool. As you know I have major problems with the casting here.

QuoteAnd perhaps the Predator weapon hit its target because that's what it's designed to do?

I get the logic, but to me it's dumb logic courtesy of Black and Dekker.  :D

Besides. How did he fire it?

QuoteAlso, the bit where Haines is bisected his innards fall down and reveal the cloaked Predator's face is one of the best images from any Predator movie.

Yeah, I was never wowed by that honestly. It wouldn't rank anywhere near the best for me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2020, 12:12:16 PMThe difference is Boyd Holbrook versus Jesse Ventura. He's miscast. His tough wise cracking 80s tough guy just doesn't work for me. It's cringe when it should be cool. As you know I have major problems with the casting here.

He's far more accurate to what soldiers actually look and talk like though. The exaggerated 80s beefcake look went out a few years after Predator was made. Hell, it had all but gone out of fashion by the time they made Predator 2.

I never got the impression Boyd was trying to be an 80s action hero in the film either. His character feels a lot more modern than that.

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2020, 01:28:57 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2020, 12:12:16 PMThe difference is Boyd Holbrook versus Jesse Ventura. He's miscast. His tough wise cracking 80s tough guy just doesn't work for me. It's cringe when it should be cool. As you know I have major problems with the casting here.

He's far more accurate to what soldiers actually look and talk like though.

But Jesse Ventura was actually a US Navy SEAL in real life.  :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Didn't that all get called out as a lie? He was in the Navy, but I don't think he was ever a SEAL.

Also, it was before he became a bodybuilder. Arnie drove tanks for the Austrian army, but he didn't look like a human one when he did it.

Local Trouble

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fair enough.

Doesn't change the fact he wouldn't have looked like he did in Predator. For starters the wetsuit wouldn't fit.

Local Trouble

Was Blaine supposed to be a SEAL though?  I thought Dutch's team was ex-Army mercenaries or some shit.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2020, 01:28:57 PM
I never got the impression Boyd was trying to be an 80s action hero in the film either. His character feels a lot more modern than that.

I got the opposite impression. And I believe an old school 80's like film was the point. I remember in those early Dekker and Black interviews, The Predator grew from a why don't they make movies like that anymore and a desire to do so.

Corporal Hicks

But they also deliberately didn't want to do the Predator cast. I f**king hate The Predator these days, but the parts that work for me really work for me. I'm with HuDa in that I really enjoyed Holbrook in this (same as I did Royce in Predators). I really appreciated that more down to Earth take on the soldiers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed