AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 235,946 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Definitely wasn't me, I joined this site AFTER I liked it :P

delsaber8

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 16, 2012, 09:32:58 PM
Definitely wasn't me, I joined this site AFTER I liked it :P
Hmm, I see, so the mystery remains unsolved.

ShadowPred

I am laughing so hard how Prometheus has zero votes in when it's probably the only film so far that has made all of us mad at each other.

Nightmare Asylum

Keep in mind that this is an old poll, and that you're unable to retract your vote.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2012, 03:33:41 AM
Keep in mind that this is an old poll, and that you're unable to retract your vote.

Oh, whoops.

Novak 1334

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 17, 2012, 03:12:20 AM
I am laughing so hard how Prometheus has zero votes in when it's probably the only film so far that has made all of us mad at each other.

It's certainly not the worst film by far, just a love or hate movie I think

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 17, 2012, 03:12:20 AM

That's because it's not the movie that made us mad, it's the fanboys.

Edvin

Edvin

i want to change mine from avp:R to prometheus, it just doesent fity in with any of the other movies, it is really great, but if you show it as a prequel to alien, it f**ks with your mind.

Pred-man201

Why does everyone hate AVPR, its not that bad, its not great and its not bad, but its alright, its alot better then alien 4, but the best is predator then alien 2

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

AvP! So little action.. and preds got destroyed. If I wanted a documentary on Pyramids.. I'll watch the Discovery channel. I enjoyed AVP Requiem alot more. I wanted to see cockroaches get squashed, blasted and sliced up by a good pred =)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Pred-man201 on Jul 28, 2012, 03:42:25 AM
Why does everyone hate AVPR, its not that bad, its not great and its not bad, but its alright, its alot better then alien 4, but the best is predator then alien 2

Personally, I prefer Alien Resurrection. While its not exactly the best movie out there and it has a lot of moments that I don't like, it does also offer a lot of unique and interesting aspects (the cloning concept and the Newborn being among the films highlights). I think Ripley would have been better off dead after the third film, but AR isn't garbage.

Despite only seeing it once and finding moderate enjoyment out of it, AVPR is not really a well made movie, nor does it have any characters or situations that stuck with me in any way. This film was dark for no reason, the Predalien was beyond ridiculous, and the film featured Aliens on present day Earth but unable to infest even a small city. The movie just didn't sit well with me at all.

Resurrection may be a weird film with a lot of problems, but AVPR is the only A/P movie that I would actually consider to be bad.

delsaber8

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 28, 2012, 03:58:36 AM
Quote from: Pred-man201 on Jul 28, 2012, 03:42:25 AM

Personally, I prefer Alien Resurrection. While its not exactly the best movie out there and it has a lot of moments that I don't like, it does also offer a lot of unique and interesting aspects (the cloning concept and the Newborn being among the films highlights). I think Ripley would have been better off dead after the third film, but AR isn't garbage.

Despite only seeing it once and finding moderate enjoyment out of it, AVPR is not really a well made movie, nor does it have any characters or situations that stuck with me in any way. This film was dark for no reason, the Predalien was beyond ridiculous, and the film featured Aliens on present day Earth but unable to infest even a small city. The movie just didn't sit well with me at all.

Resurrection may be a weird film with a lot of problems, but AVPR is the only A/P movie that I would actually consider to be bad.

Ripley's main fear is that the xenos get to earth and kill everybody, and AVPR basically says, the Aliens get to earth and start harvesting and killing people, no biggy the aliens won't try to spread to other cities, they'll hang around, be useless and get used as canon fodder. Nothing to worry about. It makes all the struggles Ripley went through seem pointless, because if the Aliens ever did get to earth they couldn't do squat. At least that is how I feel about AVPR.

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: AcidGlow on Jul 28, 2012, 03:57:44 AM
AvP! So little action.. and preds got destroyed. If I wanted a documentary on Pyramids.. I'll watch the Discovery channel. I enjoyed AVP Requiem alot more. I wanted to see cockroaches get squashed, blasted and sliced up by a good pred =)
I loved watching the preds become nothing but brain pie to an alien.  ;D

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I agree, the Predators were poorly treated in AvP. It was good to see the Predators kick ass in AvPR. I still prefer AvP over AvPR though. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 06, 2012, 02:14:47 PM

I agree, the Predators were poorly treated in AvP. It was good to see the Predators kick ass in AvPR. I still prefer AvP over AvPR though.

But both films featured the main Predator (Scar, Wolf) "kicking ass". Only difference is that the Aliens that Scar killed were actually portrayed as a legitimate threat. And I have to say, Celtic and Chopper, despite having quick deaths, were treated a lot better that the Predators at the beginning of AVPR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed