AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 235,959 times)

StrangeShape

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 23, 2012, 10:07:22 PM

Mine was sarcasm! Hence the Running Man joke ;)

I was just about to ask if youre serious. Not that I dont like The Running Man, but well, Alien is really on a different level. On the side note, there are elements of TRM that are criminally underrated, such as a great dark score and the design

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Basher917 on Feb 21, 2012, 11:26:35 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 21, 2012, 09:45:50 PM
Quote from: Basher917 on Feb 21, 2012, 09:16:05 PM
Quote from: Pred-man201 on Feb 21, 2012, 10:17:40 AM
Yeah i didin't like it, it had no action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfcH1fxCg4#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRXrPl-OoA#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPaQfLg08c#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVwZcI07KE0#ws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ#ws (n.) A process or condition of acting or moving, as opposed to rest; the doing of something; exertion of power or force, as when one body acts on another; the effect of power exerted on one body by another; agency; activity; operation; as, the action of heat; a man of action

yeah no action at all... silly movie.  No wonder Yaphet Kotto alledgedly calls Alien his "second best work behind The Running Man"
God you kids these days are way too used to mindless action scenes...

Hey, someone's gotta demand a film like The Expendables!

Novak 1334

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 24, 2012, 03:04:56 AM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 23, 2012, 10:07:22 PM

Mine was sarcasm! Hence the Running Man joke ;)

I was just about to ask if youre serious. Not that I dont like The Running Man, but well, Alien is really on a different level. On the side note, there are elements of TRM that are criminally underrated, such as a great dark score and the design

I love The Running Man but it's like comparing The Monkees to The Beatles and yes, the design of the film is awesome, what do you expect when its based on Stephen King's work

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Resurrection. Requiem wasn't great but I liked how dark and horror-like it was. Regardless, it was still a bad film. I found Resurrection to be the worst because the whole plot was irritatingly stupid, from the hybrid to cloning ripley. It screwed with the basis of the Alien universe the most. I just hated it.

demonickitty

i agree with all the people who hate avpr and alien resurection..those movies sucked

Requiem28

I can't believe some people hate the originals!

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 14, 2012, 01:47:45 PM
I can't believe some people hate the originals!

I know right... They are f**king masterpieces.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You'd be surprised. I found Alien quite boring the first time I saw it. It wasn't without repeated viewings that I grew to appreciate it.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 14, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
You'd be surprised. I found Alien quite boring the first time I saw it. It wasn't without repeated viewings that I grew to appreciate it.

At first when I saw it, I thought it was boring. Then the Xenomorph killed Brett...
I was no longer bored.

Basher917

Quote from: demonickitty on Jun 14, 2012, 04:27:00 AM
i agree with all the people who hate avpr and alien resurection..those movies sucked

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Jun 14, 2012, 11:05:40 PM

At first when I saw it, I thought it was boring. Then the Xenomorph killed Brett...
I was no longer bored.

That didn't bore me either but even at the end of the movie, I was left wondering what all the hype was about. It wasn't until joining this site did I fully understand it.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 15, 2012, 11:51:55 PM
Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Jun 14, 2012, 11:05:40 PM

I was no longer bored.

That didn't bore me either but even at the end of the movie, I was left wondering what all the hype was about. It wasn't until joining this site did I fully understand it.

I think what kept me mostly intrigued was the life cycle and that we barely saw the creature until the end.
It gave a sense of wonder.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm going with AVP.

Even though it's a more held together movie than AVP:R I just can't stand the designs and what they did to the both the creatures. The Xenomorphs were the ones from A:R just painted black which makes no sense and the Predators were fat, weak and stupid looking and the Queen just acted like a T-Rex.

At least in AVP:R they got the Predator right. Wolf was badass.

Don't get me wrong though they're both at the bottom of the barrel.

Pred-man201

Why does everyone hate AVPR? its not that bad

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: Pred-man201 on Jun 18, 2012, 07:32:59 AM
Why does everyone hate AVPR? its not that bad

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed