Voting closed: Apr 18, 2008, 02:24:54 AM

Author
AVP:R DVD choices. (Read 11,409 times)

SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Apr 17, 2008, 09:04:02 PM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Apr 17, 2008, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: Nightwalker on Apr 17, 2008, 12:55:04 PM
wait.... so the US version isnt 2disc at all but one disc with a digital copy?
is this right?
Correct.

Quotethat sounds like a huge con and kinda bad advertising
Correct.

But if there are extra features on the 1st disk like you said, then it's still superior to the 1 disk version.

Yup - this is the mistake that a lot of people are making. Yes, the special features are on the same disc as the movie in the 2-disc set, but it's NOT the same disc as in the 1-disc version. The 1-disc version of AVPR just has the commentary tracks - it does NOT have any of the other extras, like the documentaries, still galleries, etc.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^Correct.

The reason the 2 disc is a rip off is that part of the price you are paying is for an unnecessary second disc.

When the digital copy is included gratis, I have no problem.  But it's not something I will ever use, so it's bullshit that they devote an entire disc to it.

It's just an excuse to make a 2 disc set, because they evidently felt that a single disc "Special Edition" would be met with scorn.

They wuz right.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Apr 18, 2008, 12:30:20 AM
^Correct.

The reason the 2 disc is a rip off is that part of the price you are paying is for an unnecessary second disc.

When the digital copy is included gratis, I have no problem.  But it's not something I will ever use, so it's bullshit that they devote an entire disc to it.

It's just an excuse to make a 2 disc set, because they evidently felt that a single disc "Special Edition" would be met with scorn.

They wuz right.

yeah, the 1 disk version should be the only version, and it should come with the features on the 2 disk version.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

right so i've learned the US 2disc is crap haha
right...does anyone know abou the UK 2disc yet?
i HIGHLY doubt they will do the same awful trick that the US has done....no one needs or uses a digital disc here.

does anyone know if the UK extras will differ? or have more deleted scenes?

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

if the UK disk is like this Region 3 version
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-w/section-index/pid-1010908828/

then the UK and Region 3 2-disk is getting about 3 more featurettes than the US version...

just check the specs on that link i posted compared to the back of the US version..

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

interesting.....i wonder why we might get 3more feauturettes?
R3...australia right?

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

No, Australia's R4.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

so whats R3??
africa? or asia?

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Asia I think.

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

Region 3 is asia i.e. hong kong, korea...etc.

and from the description of the special features, the region 3 and the region 2 (u.k.) get 3 featurettes not on the U.S. region 1 2-disc set...

the featurettes are:

creating the predator featurette
the science of the xenomorph
the science of the hunter

the creating the predator featurette being left off the u.s. release is the most irritating to me...

meanstreak

meanstreak

so does anyone know if the UK 1 and 2 disc versions will have the same disc 1 and be the digital copy on disc 2?

Let me re-phrase that - I like 2 disc sets but if the single disc and the 2 disc version are identical on the first disc and the 2nd is just the digital copy I don't want it. If it turns out there are more extras on the 2 disc set then I'll get that one!

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

OK..can anyone yet confirm if the UK version of avp2 will DEFINATLEY not be getting the uncut version?
if so..i will get the US version.

as for the 3featurettes that the UK get over the US....can anyone say how long they are?
if they are just 10min jobs like most dvds can get (seeing as there are quite afew featurettes on the disc i imagine they are all pretty short),then they are not worth bothering about.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Nightwalker on Apr 28, 2008, 03:11:03 AM
OK..can anyone yet confirm if the UK version of avp2 will DEFINATLEY not be getting the uncut version?
if so..i will get the US version.

as for the 3featurettes that the UK get over the US....can anyone say how long they are?
if they are just 10min jobs like most dvds can get (seeing as there are quite afew featurettes on the disc i imagine they are all pretty short),then they are not worth bothering about.

The UK *IS* getting the extended version, at least on DVD. I went into Woolworths today and they had some "pre-order" cases up for it, and the back said it would contain a version with 7 extra minutes.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

ok sweet...7min extra meaning...the uncut version i trust? like the US.

any news on the 3extra features we get?

how come everyone on here is saying the UK wont be getting the uncut? or is that just bluray that is losing out?

Keyes

Keyes

Yeah it appears only the Blu ray is just getting the theatrical version. Really wierd I know. I was hoping we'd get both versions on the same disc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed