Could hardly see a thing
95 (50%)
Was pretty dark, but I could still see
61 (32.1%)
Don't see what the fuss is about
34 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author
The Darkness Problem (Read 93,575 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I saw in AvP:R. AvP, not as much.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2008, 01:36:17 AM
I saw in AvP:R. AvP, not as much.

You think AvP:R was easier to watch than AvP?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

For me it was.

severen76

severen76

What copy did you get? My eyes were hurting after squinting for so long.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I downloaded the Blu-Ray. and I saw it in theatres 3 times...I acknowledge it was dark, but I didn't have a problem. The third time I saw it was in HD which was really good.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I have the blue ray copy too.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Someone said it earlier and I think its a good guess that the darkness was to cover up shoddy effects work.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Yep, they probably darkened it to cover up the crappy ass shots, and there are a lot of them of the Aliens.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Oh and making it so dark you see almost pure blackness is better? :D

For that, you failed all the way and shouldn't have even made the f**king movie in the first place!

What I believe what happened is that someone made a stupid mistake with the color grading and the Strauses just rolled with it because there still making money off the film....so who cares right?

If they don't fix the darkness problem for AVP-R I hope and pray they never get the chance to direct AVP3......bam! I said it!

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 30, 2008, 02:29:53 AM
Oh and making it so dark you see almost pure blackness is better? :D

For that, you failed all the way and shouldn't have even made the f**king movie in the first place!

What I believe what happened is that someone made a stupid mistake with the color grading and the Strauses just rolled with it because there still making money off the film....so who cares right?

If they don't fix the darkness problem for AVP-R I hope and pray they never get the chance to direct AVP3......bam! I said it!

This could be the way they want us to see the film. I'm not saying its right, but maybe they thought it would create a more scary and uneasy feeling in the auidence. Which they failed at.

I still go with the shoddy effects theory.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

That doesn't make any sense because the IGN clips clearly show the film in great color grading condition and nothing looked fake or fake enough to make the film so god dam dark. I just think they f**ked up and instead of fixing it they rolled with it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 30, 2008, 02:22:42 AM
I have the blue ray copy too, it's a dark movie, nothing you say supports your claims. Haven't you seen the pictures I've been posting today?! They f**ked up on the DVD....plane and simple and if they don't fix it and make it look like the IGN clips to where you don't have to adjust your TV to see it right I will never forgive the Strause Brothers for this.

You're not listening to me. I acknowledge the film had a darkness problem. I never said it didn't. BUT. It didn't bother me that much.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Thanks for the comparisons, Phantom. That was my suspicion upon seeing the film, initially. There are some production stills which look much better than the eventual segments of film they were taken from. I had hoped the DVD had brushed things up a bit, but you've just proven it never did.

Handsome claims the opposite, so, I'd like him to look at the comparison examples you gave and tell us if his reigion of DVD differs massively or if it's the same.

SM

SM

I read a DVD review last week that also complained about the murk.  Such words as "abominable", "ill-conceived", "annoying", "ill-lit", "utterly disposable" (in regards to human characters), "rubbish plotting", "virtually impossible to make any sense of the action" were also used.

Not bad out of a review that was only about 50 words long.

SiL

SiL

Did you read Empire's review? They gave it one star. Did not like the movie, no sir.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed