The Dark Knight Trilogy

Started by Sci, May 13, 2007, 09:19:38 AM

Author
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Read 2,610,607 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I love the feel of it above all, which is what the trailer sells. It's not selling story, it's not selling characters (ok, a little.) But it is selling the look, tone and general mood of it all, and I got goosebumps. It feels big, devastating, final, all that. We can tell that real effort was put into making this.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Bad Replicant on May 02, 2012, 03:13:07 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 03:07:55 AM
Meh...sorry to be a killjoy but the trailer does nothing for me  :-\

There's a shocker.
I know, I would've never seen it coming!

Hubbs

Hubbs

But it doesn't really does it, lets be honest about it, 'Prometheus' 'Avengers' even the new 'Spider Man' trailer all look so much more exciting. Yeah you get the mood but we all know the mood by now, its just riding on the coattails of the previous films, I can't see what's so thrilling about the trailer from a neutral standpoint I really can't, it actually looks dull!

I reckon people can see its not as good as its hyped, just don't wanna believe it.

stephen

stephen

Actually I quite like the trailer and am very hyped for the movie.

Hubbs

Hubbs

^ Fair enough :) everyone has their opinions, I'm just saying that the previous Batman films really did come across as powerful juggernauts with allot of wow factor when the trailers came out (probably because they were newer, fresher and not much else in the way of the same quality comicbook films to compete).

But as a Batman fan I can honestly say this trailer doesn't excite me, maybe because of other films (Prometheus) challenging it. As you all know I'm not a fan of the casting choice for Catwoman, I can say openly that I actually hate that casting choice from the moment I read it, as someone on 'JoBlow' said...'there's no ferociousness in those eyes, just sparkles'.

stephen

stephen

Likewise I respect your opinion.

One thing I've noticed with Nolan's films is that the trailers never have any scenes in them from the last third of the film.  Which is a bloody damn well good idea.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 03:45:10 AM
lets be honest about it, 'Prometheus' 'Avengers' even the new 'Spider Man' trailer all look so much more exciting.

No, I don't think they do. You do. You seem to have a difficult time understanding the concept of "differing opinions."

Quote from: stephen on May 02, 2012, 04:06:39 AM
One thing I've noticed with Nolan's films is that the trailers never have any scenes in them from the last third of the film.  Which is a bloody damn well good idea.

Actually, TDK trailer began with the last frame of the film.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 02, 2012, 04:07:27 AM
Actually, TDK trailer began with the last frame of the film.

With him riding up out of the tunnel?  I'll have to double check that but having said that, that particular scene is not something that really gives anything at all away.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 03:45:10 AM
I reckon people can see its not as good as its hyped, just don't wanna believe it.

Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 04:02:14 AM
^ Fair enough :) everyone has their opinions

Anybody else just get whiplash from that u-turn?

Hubbs

Hubbs

^ Hehe I know people have different opinions but I also do believe what I said there at the same time, I believe this because its almost deemed a sin to make a negative comment within this thread hehehe

^^ You think the Batman trailer looks better than 'Prometheus' 'Avengers' and 'Spider Man'!!!!? fair enough, can't agree with you but that's just me.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on May 02, 2012, 03:25:11 AM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on May 02, 2012, 03:13:07 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 03:07:55 AM
Meh...sorry to be a killjoy but the trailer does nothing for me  :-\

There's a shocker.
I know, I would've never seen it coming!

It's okay for him to say that. My friend keeps saying how he is getting less and less excited for this movie. He even said that while the trailer was great, it didn't make him "jump up and down" in his seat. I'm happy to know that it isn't focusing on the action like most recent trailers (Battleship, Avengers, G.I. Joe, Amazing Spider-Man) but doing something completely new.

I think that might be Nolan's plan: Not show any trailers that would "hype up and excite" the fans because when they see the film, it will surprise the hell out of them. He's hiding something that we're not seeing. I watched the trailer many times, although I do not get that "awesome" feeling like i do when I see Avengers trailers but a more "intrigued, drawn into" feeling where I WANT to see more but they won't SHOW more.

Think of it like a trailer for a comedy movie: they show all the funny parts of the film and when you see the actual movie, it sucks because you already saw it all. What they're doing is the opposite. They are showing us the trailer for a comedy (action/Batman) movie without all the funny (in this case action, epic moments) scenes so it can be a surprise and not have people say "eh, already seen this part in the trailers". Nolan 'teases' us with little scenes of action but relishes in showing us the rich and powerful story that The Dark Knight Rises really is. Watch the trailer for TDK and then watch this trailer you'll notice a complete drastic change in how it's presented.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

It's perfectly fine for him to say that, I'm not saying its impossible for people to say they're not excited
I'm just saying its impossible for Hubbs to say anything else

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

i'm starting to learn that Hubbs is hard to impress around here ;)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 04:15:41 AM
^^ You think the Batman trailer looks better than 'Prometheus' 'Avengers' and 'Spider Man'!!!!? fair enough, can't agree with you but that's just me.

Avengers and Spiderman? Hell yes it looks better. Prometheus? While I'm more excited for TDKR, Prometheus looks awesome and it's my second most anticipated film of the year.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Hubbs on May 02, 2012, 04:15:41 AM
^ Hehe I know people have different opinions but I also do believe what I said there at the same time, I believe this because its almost deemed a sin to make a negative comment within this thread hehehe

I don't think anyone considers it a sin to make negative comments about what we've seen so far. What can rub people the wrong way, I'd imagine, are repeated accusations of being in denial purely for having an opinion that differs from yours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed