Your veiws on the AVP Soundtrack

Started by Lyana, Mar 22, 2008, 11:35:18 AM

Author
Your veiws on the AVP Soundtrack (Read 3,596 times)

Blaz

Blaz

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 04, 2008, 10:00:29 PM
Alien score is great
Aliens score is good
Alien 3 score is great and the best IMO.
AR score is good but i seen better
AVP was boring just like the movie
AVP-R was a nice remix with the older stuff and the theme was great.

I would agree with that list. Alien 3 was just beautiful. I didn't mind some things from AVP. Like where Chopper gets impaled and pulled up by Grid and the Queen fight. But other then that boring.

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

i didnt even know avp had a soundtrack lol.....i was still stuck on the fact that it sucked

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Blaz on Apr 07, 2008, 09:49:08 AM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Apr 04, 2008, 10:00:29 PM
Alien score is great
Aliens score is good
Alien 3 score is great and the best IMO.
AR score is good but i seen better
AVP was boring just like the movie
AVP-R was a nice remix with the older stuff and the theme was great.

I would agree with that list. Alien 3 was just beautiful. I didn't mind some things from AVP. Like where Chopper gets impaled and pulled up by Grid and the Queen fight. But other then that boring.

I agree with you about the A3 OST... I love that OST by Elliot Goldenthal... Every bit from the Original credits and the EEV launch to Ripley's sacrifice (the latter, theatrical version only), were not just the best from all the movies, but also one of the best OSTs out there... :-* :-* :-* :) ;D
My order of OSTs regarding the ALien movies (the Predator ones are only one actually, the first movie one):

1 - Alien 3 - The most memorable for me, amazingly epic and balanced out...
2 - Aliens - One of the Best Action OSTs,full of adrenaline-pumping effect...
3 - Alien - Did not notice it much, meaning it had little to no effect on me...nevertheless, the End Credits one was very good...

4 - AVP - Harald Kloser brought an original one, not merely rehashing the A and P ones...
5 - AR - Very minimalistic, yet original...Shows there was some effort put into it...
6 - AVPR - Not a shred of originality in it, being a mere collage of someone else's work... Good thing Brian did the RAMBO one balancing out the legendary theme and introducing some good new ones as well...otherwise, I would have thought he was nothing more than a 'copycat'... However, this collage of various OSTs coincides with the collage of various clichés from the originals... So, it is, at least, in tune with the total lack of 'good, useful originality' (as in opposite to the 'bad, nonsensical originality' of this movie, namely the RC, Alien and Predator MO) demonstrated by the BS in all fields, creative and technical...

Alienseseses

AR minimalistic? It was blaring!

Commander Aun

I liked all the soundtracks except AVP, and AR. To minimalistic and forgettable to me.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

AR soundtrack was ok but i do like the ending theme.

Alienseseses

The only one I don't like in the whole series is AVP's, because it isn't memorable. Even the theme is just some generic thing.

I hope the next one is either like The Fountain or 28 Weeks Later.

marky

marky

I like the AVP score, but it can be quite boring at some times  :(

Lyana

Lyana

So is life, but you just gotta get used to it. Different people like different things. The movie is a bit weird, if you read the book it makes a lot more sense.

That Yellow Alien

I remember the scores to every Alien movie, even the shitty ones. They are all very memorable.

ShadowPred

Quote from: wolfboy22 on Apr 11, 2008, 01:42:26 AM
i didnt even know avp had a soundtrack lol.....i was still stuck on the fact that it sucked

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed