Started by Yautja, Dec 13, 2006, 01:16:38 AM

Author
300 (Read 6,417 times)

Yautja

Yautja

This is my most anticipated film of next year. The new trailer looks bloody amazing.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300_hd.html

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

This movie looks more and more incredible as the months go bye.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

i soooooooo wanna see this.... 8)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Loving this film more and more.  ;D

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Every trailer I see makes this movie look better and better. This is gonna be one of my gotta see films of 2007. It is gonna be great like Sin City.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

they should make a 300 game, for the 3 6 0 preferaby... ;) 8)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Yeh, Sin City 2 should be awesome.

Akuma

Akuma

I really enjoyed this movie. The style it was done in reminded me a little of Sin City. (yes i know it was executively Produced by Frank Miller). I also enjoyed the story. While not completely accurate to the events that happen, the over all Graphic Novel style fit well. The Action was what I was expecting to see and it didn't disappoint. The pacing of the movie is also well done. I didn't feel like I was in a 2 hour movie, as i did in Zodiac. (I actually felt that Zodiac dragged on and on and on). The costumes in 300 were done well, and fit the characters. The Immortals were very well done. Overall 300 entertains and is a very nice begining of the summer movies to come.

What are your thoughts on 300?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

its also based off of frank millers graphic novel 300 which probably also helps at makin you think of sin city.
im seein it tonight and i cant wait!

Andrew2421

Andrew2421

I heard it was bad ass dude I want to see it

wolfboy

wolfboy

It was strictly a guy's movie. Violence and nudity, high testosterone, epic soundtrack, pumped speeches before battle. With that said, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie...though there was a certain sex scene that I thought was kind of gratuitous and unnecessary.

DB

DB

You just reminded me that I have to see this movie. All I've heard are good things about it.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

This movie was absolutely incredible. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE CRITICS.

Acting: Spot on, every line was delivered perfectly, all the actors were perfectly casted, and all seemed to have a passion for this movie.  If you've seen Troy and obviously LOTR, you'll see a few familiar faces.

ie: David Wenham (Faramir in LOTR) plays one of the main Spartans.

Also, the actor who played Achilles' top soldier, I forget his name, but he has dark black hair and blue eyes, plays Leonidas' right hand man.

Editing: Absolutely incredible, you'll transition from one scene by blowing dust, led into a scene in slow motion, which immediately transitions into numerous fast cuts.  It's mind blowing, one fight scene last about 3 minutes in one shot, I could not find the shot where they cut the separate shots together to make them look like one extremely long shot. 

Absolutely beautiful editing.

Score: Amazing as well, it consists mainly of the standard orchestral score, yet during some scenes, a bad ass guitar riff will be added to enhance the intimidation of the 300 Spartans.

Visuals: Special effects are amazing, their elephant's that the Persians use look much more realistic than the oliphants seen in LOTR.

Also, this movie is mainly seen in monotone colors, usually a goldish bronze, which adds a deep contrast to shadows, giving the movie a grittier, darker feeling as you watch.

Story: Obviously some parts were added that don't come from history, but remember, this movie is based on a graphic novel based on history, so it's not going to be as accurate, yet, every scene that you see in this movie serves the purpose of the story, and none feel out of place.

From my understanding, there were scenes with Leonidas' wife added to the story, which definitely made it more interesting to watch.

My final opinion. 5/5 or 9.5 out of 10 if you want to be picky.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

i loved it... it was incredible

DB

DB

They are not showing it over here yet. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed