The space jockey

Started by gameoverman, Feb 24, 2008, 01:22:02 PM

Author
The space jockey (Read 9,252 times)

Tidus

Tidus

I won't like to see a living Space Jockey. In the franchise, that it's a mith, it's a mistery. It has something special that attract me, and I won't like to see it living. Making it alive will destroy that mistery, then the franchise will lose many fans (I think it) and part of that "special" thing that is around the first movie. I don't know if you think like me..

Master

Master

Neither do I.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But Tidus...the Space Jockeys have been in many different medias. I don't think it'll really effect the fanbase if the game had any in. Personally, I like the idea but I'd rather it be like the Forerunners in Halo where we're just in a Jockey facility and we learn something new about them.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2008, 07:35:27 PM
Personally, I like the idea but I'd rather it be like the Forerunners in Halo where we're just in a Jockey facility and we learn something new about them.

That'd be pretty badass. Having their presence be known but not shown would be extremely effective. It would make them even more mysterious.

Tidus

Tidus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2008, 07:35:27 PM
But Tidus...the Space Jockeys have been in many different medias. I don't think it'll really effect the fanbase if the game had any in.

You're right, but in the first there's only one and it's a fossil. I don't know if I would like the script of the game to make them alive  :o

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

I really doubt that they're going to tell us everything about the space jockeys in this game. I bet they won't show us living jockeys. Most likely will get something like Corporal Hicks said and in my opinion that would be better.

SM

SM

QuoteYou're right, but in the first there's only one and it's a fossil. I don't know if I would like the script of the game to make them alive

The Corp's point is the Jockies have been in other media and it really hasn't affected how they're viewed by the fanbase.  Most just take everything not in the films as non-canonical anyway, so you can take it or leave it.

Ash 937

Ash 937

As an extinct race the Space Jockeys can answer many questions regarding the Aliens.  They don't need to be alive for this.  All you need is another derilect ship (or the same one on LV-426) to add just a little more insight into the xenomorphs.  In Alien, the original astronauts that board the ship openly wonder what happened to the rest of the crew.  Just to see a few more chambers of the ship and the remains of one or two more fossils would be interesting.

I admire the fact that Sega went as far as to hire a team of well-established writers for this game.  It shows that they are, at least, relatively serious about doing this right.  If, in fact, players of A:CM do make it down to the derilect again it would be an added bonus if H.R. Giger contributed to the design of anything new (but I guess you can't have everything).  The last thing he ever did with the series was draw the original sketches of the Dog Alien from the third film.  If a chestburster did come out of that fossilized Space Jockey, I'd like to see what that xenomorph looked like...fossilized or not.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2008, 05:22:39 AM
You can get into trouble with some fans but DH don't particularly care what with all the stories floating around about Jockies that don't seem to be related.

And the filmmakers have shown - twice - they don't care what EU licensees do.  And the average punter will more than likely make the connection to Alien if a Jockey showed up in Alien 5, than a computer game.

Didn't Anderson get in trouble for following the original Alien script to closely?

If a game has the, "jockies were transporting the aliens for war," it'll be hard to follow up with a movie version of the same thing, if writers within the franchise were already going at one another.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 26, 2008, 03:10:00 AM
Didn't Anderson get in trouble for following the original Alien script to closely?
Not exactly.  He was "borrowing without credit" a little too much, hence the final film's "written by" credits.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2008, 10:55:52 PM
QuoteYou're right, but in the first there's only one and it's a fossil. I don't know if I would like the script of the game to make them alive

The Corp's point is the Jockies have been in other media and it really hasn't affected how they're viewed by the fanbase.  Most just take everything not in the films as non-canonical anyway, so you can take it or leave it.

I don't care if it's just a video game, I still want to see the Jockey's done with some good imagination.

Horde of elephant-men with guns = FAIL

Mysterious, complex and powerful creatures = WIN

They missed a great opportunity to get Giger to do some of the designs, though.  It's not like he's new to games, either, having designed parts of Darkseed.

Master

Master

Yeah but what new he can create for this game?

Zero

Zero

I would only want to see a Space Jockey in a flashback of some sort or  recordings fm the derilict space ship.

Pray to god they won't come in Flying Saucers

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

i like what they did in Aliens the Destroying Angels. they hada living creature that got chestbursted and gave birth to a HUGE Alien. Thatd be a great idea for like somekind of Boss Character. Not an alien the same size but noticeably bigger and stronger.

Zero

Zero

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 26, 2008, 09:41:33 PM
i like what they did in Aliens the Destroying Angels. they hada living creature that got chestbursted and gave birth to a HUGE Alien. Thatd be a great idea for like somekind of Boss Character. Not an alien the same size but noticeably bigger and stronger.

Or Honorable mention

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed