Overview of the game.

Started by Firetnk, Feb 21, 2008, 04:24:45 PM

Author
Overview of the game. (Read 4,398 times)

Firetnk

Firetnk

In Gameinfomers issue It stated the Story takes place right after Aliens you and your squad of marines are to investigate the Sulaco and to find out why the Marines from the film never contacted you and what happened at LV-426. They mentioned that fans of the first Alien Film will be pleased because the space Jockey will be part of the game. The developers are also trying to have very interesting characters that are similar from the film .

Note on game play I thought it was a good idea that they will have the smooth head Aliens to be more stealthy then the warrior Aliens. Since the developers do not want certain Aliens to be stronger.  The game will have Co-Op. offline up to two player CO-Op and online will feature four player CO-Op. No word on the multiplayer game modes yet. But it would be nice to have the mode survivor from AVP2.

This game sounds like a dream come true to me and I have very high hopes not only for what I have just posted but because the game is being made by real developers which is GearBox.

Sorry if I posted any incorrect info and bad grammar.
;D

Firetnk

Firetnk

Oh an other thing you can hold up to four weapons two rifles a side arm and grenades. Each character in your squad will feature different capabilities such as a medic or engineers and so on.
;D

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Niiiiiiiice.

Firetnk

Firetnk

The article also stated that this is not the game for close and counters for example an aliens may pull you up from the ceiling and you have only a few seconds to react to shoot the Alien. This reminds me of Call of Duty 4 when a dog jumps you and you have  a few seconds to snap it's neck before your throat is ripped open. An other note is the Turrets will return in this game that were seen in the Special edition of Aliens. There will be custom guns such as Hick's shotgun in the film. ;D

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I fear of repeating myself.  :D

Master

Master

I`ll do it ;D
Niiiiiiiice.

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

And it comes out in late 2008!!! How sweet it that

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

The article says we will learn more about the space jockeys :D

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

this thread is full of joy

gameoverman

gameoverman

I like the investigation aspect - seeing the aftermath of what happened in Aliens.  There's some great potential there.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: Pred-Xeno on Feb 22, 2008, 06:02:48 AM
The article says we will learn more about the space jockeys :D

The one thing I am VERY wary about. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to it.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

What's the point of making a thread about something that's already being talked about and discussed in four or five other threads?

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

OMG! I can't wiat for this game!

Ash 937

Ash 937

I'm weary of the addition of Space Jockeys in this game.  On the bright side, if they are enemies, they will likely be able to shoot at you from a distance (something Aliens can't do).  This aspect will probably satisfy fans of more conventional first person shooters.  Then again, I'm sure there will be Weyland-Yutani soldiers than won't hesitate to shoot at you either...so are space jockeys even necessary? 

There are a lot of possibilities for this game and lots of opportunities for varied game-play mechanics.  I just can't wait to see what the final product is.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 24, 2008, 03:30:31 PM
I'm weary of the addition of Space Jockeys in this game.  On the bright side, if they are enemies, they will likely be able to shoot at you from a distance (something Aliens can't do).

Space Jockies with guns. Faaaaaaantastic.  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed