AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 327,641 times)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 25, 2010, 12:39:29 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Apr 24, 2010, 04:23:11 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 24, 2010, 01:49:21 AM
But you do need to calm down.

No-one was attacking you. There was no reason to get so damned defensive.

And if you're going to say credit Giger, why not say credit the others? They all still get credit in the latest movies.

hey, you know. these Chill-pills do tast pretty good. (takes the whole bottle) Uh-Oh! *Has Sezier*

yeah I see whatcha mean now. and your right. I wasn't thinking. but there is ALOT of credit that these people haven't been givin enough of. (Except ADI)

ANYWHO, can't wait for the movie. hey, maybe if we're lucky maybe Fox will allow a DVD release? lol nah, doubt it. we'll never be THAT lucky. be kick ass though.

well then.... that was settled rather quickly.  we need more of that in forums these days.  nice job. ;)

and sorry for offending you TITANO.

Its no biggy. realy, I shouldn't have snapped the way I did. I get it from my dad.

ANYWAYS, can't wait for AvP-Redemption!

MaJiNWaR

MaJiNWaR

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 24, 2010, 01:21:48 AM
Quote from: MaJiNWaR on Apr 23, 2010, 08:31:27 PM
Please, like the aliens could actually kill a predator... thats why the first avp sucked...

Dude, I hope you're not being serious. The Alien absolutely CAN kill a Predator. I don't want to start an argument here, I'm just saying that the Alien is a much better fighter at close range.

Actually I am serious, but this isn't the forum section to discuss it, but for the record, the aliens were never portrayed as fighters to begin with, let alone "fighers at close range." They specialize in ambushing, and attacking in the dark, which is to their advantage. They aren't warriors.

SiL

SiL

So it is impossible for Aliens to impale Predators, impregnate Predators, tear Predators apart, etc.

They are physically incapable of doing this to Predators.

Right.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm pretty sure ambushing is the same as attacking at close range. The Alien sneaks up on the Predator and...the Predator never sees life again.

BANE

BANE

I have to say, whoever said that Aliens could not impale predators with their tail is pretty dumb (I mean that with the utmost respect). Look at what the queen did to Bishop!!! I mean, yeah, its the queen, but the warriors and drones of the hive still have really sharp tails. In the first movie (Alien 1979) doesn't the alien stick its tail underneath Lambert and we hear her scream? I take that to mean that the alien stabbed her with its tail. Clearly, seeing as the predators flesh is just as fragile as ours (predator 2; got blown apart by Mike Harrigan's shotgun shells...) wouldn't the alien be capable of impaling a predator as well?

As for the xenomorphs being ambushers, I agree with that. However, just because we haven't seen something doesn't mean the aliens aren't capable of it. I mean, it ambushed the first predator when it stabbed it with its tail. The second predator was also clearly a threat, so it jumped on him. It ambushed one, jumped on another. In the prior alien movies, the aliens have never had any reason to get into an all out fight; the humans were, as you say, easy pickins.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Just adding to what AintGotTome2Bleed said, if the Queen in aliens is able to f**king hide from Ripley, Newt, and Bishop and is able to stealthily strike Bishop, then I don't see how anyone can say that Aliens can't do jack shit to the Predators.

BANE

BANE

BOOOOM!

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteClearly, seeing as the predators flesh is just as fragile as ours (predator 2; got blown apart by Mike Harrigan's shotgun shells...)
Clearly wrong.

Predator 2 didn't get blown apart by Harrigans shotgun, he had some tiny holes infact. You know what a shotgun at that range would do to a human body? Unless you're Robocop you would be blown to pieces as seen in the beginning of Predator 2, where it took one shot in order to kill a human.

A grenade explodes right in front of the Predator in the first movie, he doesn't have a scratch. And it's not so much the skin as it's the muscle structure that's very, very tough. After all the Predator 2 jumped of a really high slaughterhouse right in front of King Willy and he didn't have to seem a problem with it at all.

I'm tired of this "the predator is just like us" bullshit, in Aliens they scream like bitches when they get hit by a shotgun, that's a reaction to pain, does that mean that their skin is "just like ours"? No.

BANE

BANE

That is where you are wrong. If you recall, the predator definitely DOES have scratches after the grenade explodes in front of it...how else would Dutch follow its trail of blood (lots of blood I might add)? Oh, he got a splinter. NO! However, I must agree that more damage would have been done to a human if a grenade exploded in front of them. I concede that point. However, therein lies a question that I would like to ask people involved in the movie; when the predator is shot by Mac firing blindly into the trees, he bleeds a load of blood onto a leaf. However, when a grenade explodes in front of him he bleeds only a small amount more (IMO). How does that work?

Anyway, on to Predator 2...The predator stops bullets shot by Bill Paxton's character (Forget name) at near point blank range. Clearly their armour is really, really strong, which is a possible reason for why it had surprisingly littlle damage after a grenade exploded right in front of it. In that case, the grenade blowing up is not a valid look at the predators flesh. The shotgun shots did not make little holes, they cut huge chunks out of the predators stomach. However, I must also concede that yes, more damage would have been done to a human.  However, the flesh is clearly COMPARABLE at the very least. Maybe the predators is a LITTLE stronger. The fact is, they're a hell of a lot more muscular and tougher, and so are able to live through things that would normally kill humans, making them seem to have tougher skin. But they really don't. Maybe a little, but not enough of a difference to liken it to a rhinos hide to human flesh.

I never said the Predator was just like us...what I said was the skin was just as fragile. Now, maybe i was off by a little bit, but not a lot. Their flesh may be a little tougher, but not enough to go ape shit over someone calling them equally fragile.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThat is where you are wrong. If you recall, the predator definitely DOES have scratches after the grenade explodes in front of it
Yeah, after the second grenade exploded right in front of him, and he only got this little scratch on his foot, wow, he's bleeding to death, a human probably wouldn't have a leg at all after that.

Besides, he only bleeds a little bit, with the Predator luring him into the cave with it's blood, by the time the Predator unmasked himself and is chasing dutch we don't see him bleed at all, that means the wound is almost healed by that point in time.

when the predator is shot by Mac firing blindly into the trees, he bleeds a load of blood onto a leaf. However, when a grenade explodes in front of him he bleeds only a small amount more (IMO). How does that work?
Mac shot at him at close range, firing at him for 8 seconds, he still only got that one wound on his leg, or to quote mac "Nothing on this earth would have lived, not at that range".
Anyway, on to Predator 2...The predator stops bullets shot by Bill Paxton's character (Forget name) at near point blank range.
Except that it didn't stop him, Lambert fired two full rounds at him, and he still got owned a few seconds later.

QuoteClearly their armour is really, really strong, which is a possible reason for why it had surprisingly littlle damage after a grenade exploded right in front of it. In that case, the grenade blowing up is not a valid look at the predators flesh.
Your point doesn't work here, at all, as he has most of his body uncovered:

Just like Predator 2, so saying it was the armour is not a valid argument.

QuoteThe shotgun shots did not make little holes, they cut huge chunks out of the predators stomach.

I wouldn't call that huge chunks, considering it's a shotgun that blasts through humans, he didn't even had internal bleeding, meaning that that bullets only scratched the surface, indicating that they have a pretty tough skin and muscular structure.

All killed with one shot, at a more far away distance i might add.

QuoteI never said the Predator was just like us...what I said was the skin was just as fragile.
But it's not, Keyes fires at it with liquid nitrogen, that would burn a human, the Predator doesn't like it as seen, but he doesn't show a chemical reaction to it that humans would, which would be burned skin.

So even that point is wrong. I agree, probably most of the damage get's blocked by their muscle structure, but they are also extremely resistant against fire, shrapnel and liquid nitrogen, making it very clear that their skin is also pretty though, not just "a little bit".

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The Predator sure take damages from gunfire but thus are minor according to Predator 2 mostly.
Well there's still a theory about the cloaking device which works as a field protector while the Predator is cloaked but that doesn't apply in the situation of the shotgun when Harrigan fire a whole magazine.
Predator are naturally strong.
But Aliens so... they both have strong organisms and skeleton reinforcement.

MaJiNWaR

MaJiNWaR

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2010, 10:49:18 AM
I'm pretty sure ambushing is the same as attacking at close range. The Alien sneaks up on the Predator and...the Predator never sees life again.

I never stated an alien couldn't impale, impregnate, or even kill a predator, of course this is possible, very much so.

Get a dictionary, Ambushing, and attacking at close range have nothing in common. You can ambush at far range, or close range, I never said anything about close/far range.

I simply stated aliens are ambushing creatures, they don't square off against anyone aside from the black dude in alien 3, like that wasn't much of a challenge. Even then it took the alien a good minute to kill him.

My point is, and still will be that aliens can not go toe to toe with a predator and win, they can't square off and overpower a veteran hunter/warrior. Maybe an unblooded pred like the ones seen in the first avp, but against a predator like scar, or the one that fought Dutch, sorry, not happening.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Stay on topic, please and thank you.

alexpj19

alexpj19

guys dont forget all of my aliens are CGI interacting with an actor, im not a 3D guru so i had to work around alot of corners, like trying to choreograph the fights so they would be more realistic for me to do, of course  i wish i could do more with 3D animation but at this point my skills are still limited :( plus the dammage on the predator would be very hard to do in post, it takes alot of tracking and rotoscoping. so keep it in mind when u watch it. still tried to make the fights some what fun to watch.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

don't worry, Alex. we'll understand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed