AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 328,287 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Hey Alex, what is your site address?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: War Wager on Jun 12, 2008, 03:24:15 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 12, 2008, 01:48:36 PM
Basically, if you want to get horror out of an alien, you need to use at least two factors.
1) We have no idea where they came from
2) It isn't the creature that scares us but what it can do.

1) That doesn't matter, we know exactly how Kane's Son got on the Nostromo, but he was and still is one creepy bastard.
2) The creature is what causes the scares. As soon as it appears on the screen, you know whoever's in that area is f*cked. (Or at least thats how it should feel) What the creature does is usually just for gore 'n' grittiness purposes.
1) I didn't mean that. I mean that the creature came from a huge abyss in space, and who knows which planet it came from. The fact is, it can be anywhere.
2) You also missed my point here. The alien is scary, sure, but not because of how it looks. Maybe in the first one, but we know what it looks like by now. What is scary about it is that it can kill you, regardless of how intimate we know it. It can destroy people in many ways, and not just physically. If the movie is just the alien standing there hissing, it isn't scary. But if the movie shows the aliens killing indiscriminately and nothing else, it chills.

holymoses

holymoses

totally awesome... ;D

see you bringin some new weapons, cool!!! 8)

alexpj19

alexpj19

yes!!! new weapons for sure, its one of my favorite part of all predator movies, new gadgets :) 
comment on the story line, i thinks its way more important than visuals, but in my case besides the story im really focused on the visuals, when its low budget you always trying to make it look big. so thats what im trying to do, but i think when you see a third trailer you'll kind of see what the story will be about. and one more thing , its a short film, and its hard to tell a complex story, so my story is simple, but has a twists and few nasty surprises. Plus the way it will be told will make it entartaining. oh and by the way last night i improved a Queen, by adding more little details, dints and wrinkles on the skin. it looks good, im gonna post a new still in my gallery

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

That's cool...

But I also think that the things to be improved are:
1) lighting (very dark)
2) pred face- It looks kinda fake
3) Alien weight. These things may be fast, but they still have mass and shouldn't float so much.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 12, 2008, 03:59:39 PM
Ahem :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 12, 2008, 07:26:30 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 12, 2008, 03:59:39 PM
Ahem :)

Send him a PM, or check out his profile. Should be there.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

He PM'd me the address now. It's cool.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I saw the trailor, it looks incredable. I may have liked AvP-R but compared to your new upcoming film. in my opinion, this is Way better then the two AvP movies fox has made. this just goes to show that Fans know way more then what the directors and company knows. although its a fan film. when I saw the trailor it confused me for an actual film. I'm glad to see your not using the Alien: Resurrection body design. its nice to see some originality to the creature. three films with the terrible Res design is bad enough. but your use of a diffrent design is incredable. I have some questions myself...

1. what types of Aliens will you be using in this film. I know the queen is in it, but what about the other types. like Warriors (ridged boney skulls) or Drones (the original Dome head)? or both?

2. I know we all been dissappointed with the Predalien in AvP-R, and I know its unlikely, but when you stated there will be other Predators then the lead charactor, does this mean there is a possibility of a Predalien? if so, what design would you use? I'll give you a design I made if you like. I'm sorry to bring up the predalien idea, but I had to ask.

3. does the Predator have a name that you refer it to, although its not uttered in the film. (e.g. Celtic, Scar, City Hunter, Wolf... etc)

4. in your film, will there be enviroments on the ship be refrenced from ALIENS? like the Cryo chamber, Mess Hall, Dropship bay, and the acid burn on the floor from the facehugger in the opening from ALIEN3?

5. when you asked about what launguage the Predator should speak, try a derelict language that exists. or, make a totaly new language up. I would salvage the Cybertronian Launguage from the 2007 Transformers movie and derive a language from it. I can help you if you like.

and finaly...

6. please tell me you will release a DVD. although how you could get it out to the guy or gal who wants it is beyond me.

thats about it.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Aliens, Deffenetly rigged skull design, very bug like , always loved it, its just more dangerous looking.
No Predalien in this one, but i will have facehuggers and eggs.
Predators name.......hmmm,  on the set i call him ...Scott....  sorry no name for the predator.  :)
Environments, i was thinking to make a loading dock with some loaders standing around, possibly a dropship,  not sure if i'll do it yet.
As for sound of Predators native language, i've done some tests, and i'm kind of liking the direction im going, still need some fork.
Final product will be available for the download on my website or maybe here on avpgalaxy. free for all, dont know about DVD yet.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

ok, maybe if you deside to make a film with a Predalien you give me a call, Yes?

what about the Alien's screems? will you be using the screem of the Peakock/Elephant screem used in ALIENS?

Dzuksi

Dzuksi

Hey alex just wanted to make some suggestion :

1) Predator communication  - use their clicking voice combined with hand mimics - they used that in all predator movies (including AVP movies)

2) About ending - i dont know make him survive, and after going through all that carnage - he restored his honor. BUT...... after returning to his planet he is captured by some space marines or special squad or his elder is not satisfied with his successes and wants to banish him again. Now Scot....khmm... i mean zour predator is pissed out and challenges elder and then - FINISH. I really think that a ending should be cliffhanger, and its very possible in your case.

Anyway love the work so far, keep it going...

alexpj19

alexpj19

:)  you've just named 2 of 4 possible endings that i had storyboarded, except challenging the elder, that was kind of a cool idea.

LukaKovach

LukaKovach

The updated queen looks awesome. Good job.

Chris P

Chris P

I agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed