Can we forgive Paul now it's been 4 years?

Started by Purebreedalien, Feb 05, 2008, 08:00:36 PM

Author
Can we forgive Paul now it's been 4 years? (Read 56,382 times)

Spidey3121

Yes, i can easily forgive him as i never completely blamed him in the 1st place. Yeah, the movie left something to be desired for sure but he really didn't do that bad a job. In my mind, really any blame for it's short comings fall on Fox.

As for AvP being better than AvP-R... as of now i certainly say yes, AvP is the stronger film. I @ least left the theater excited after seeing the 1st AvP although over the years i've come to accept it for what it really is, a mediocre film that should have been more. AvP-R though left me... well it hurt b/c it was supposed to be the kick-ass film that returned the series to it's "roots" + it did nothing like that what-so-ever. AvP-R is a big punch square in the face to all Alien + Predator fans (although i would certaily say more so to Alien fans). Maybe the extended SE of the DVD, hopefully with improved pic quality (so i can actually see all the "detail" they spoke about), will change my opinion some but doubtfully.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Feb 12, 2008, 09:55:11 PM
Yes, i can easily forgive him as i never completely blamed him in the 1st place. Yeah, the movie left something to be desired for sure but he really didn't do that bad a job. In my mind, really any blame for it's short comings fall on Fox.

As for AvP being better than AvP-R... as of now i certainly say yes, AvP is the stronger film. I @ least left the theater excited after seeing the 1st AvP although over the years i've come to accept it for what it really is, a mediocre film that should have been more. AvP-R though left me... well it hurt b/c it was supposed to be the kick-ass film that returned the series to it's "roots" + it did nothing like that what-so-ever. AvP-R is a big punch square in the face to all Alien + Predator fans (although i would certaily say more so to Alien fans). Maybe the extended SE of the DVD, hopefully with improved pic quality (so i can actually see all the "detail" they spoke about), will change my opinion some but doubtfully.

You're willing to excuse AvP for its slap-in-the-face to Predator fans yet you denounce AvP:R for slapping Alien fans?

Wow, you're a fanboy aren't you?

SM

And you're not, how again exactly?

DoomRulz

What have I said that would suggest I'm a fanboy?

SM

You're on an AvP forum - just like the rest of us.

Alienseseses

AVP-R at least has cool visuals, good music, good looking predators and OK aliens, a predalien, gore, better acting even if the lines still aren't great...

AVP had a big budget going for it, but still, it all felt a bit boring visually and the acting was wooden.

SM

I thought AvPs visuals were easily it's strongest point.

Alienseseses

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2008, 01:37:45 AM
I thought AvPs visuals were easily it's strongest point.
I thought so too, but that doesn't say much. It was basically "Show the item, don't do anything with the angles or lighting."

SM

I don't agree.

I'm not about to start defending AvP, but whatever it's many faults - it looked interesting.

Alienseseses

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2008, 01:48:15 AM
I don't agree.

I'm not about to start defending AvP, but whatever it's many faults - it looked interesting.
Not to me.
The only thing interesting about the visuals are the sets and creature effects. The cinematography is competent but without flair.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2008, 12:51:58 AM
You're on an AvP forum - just like the rest of us.

0_0 I'm on an AvP forum, therefore I'm a fanboy?

If you say so.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 13, 2008, 02:31:57 AM
If you say so.
What are you then, if not like the rest of us?

SM

QuoteIf you say so.

Good lad.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Feb 13, 2008, 02:35:50 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 13, 2008, 02:31:57 AM
If you say so.
What are you then, if not like the rest of us?

I'm a fan, not a fanboy. There's a difference. A fan is someone who enjoys the stuff. A fanboy is someone who enjoys the stuff so much he thinks character X is God and pwns everyone and everything.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 13, 2008, 02:44:51 AM
A fan is someone who enjoys the stuff. A fanboy is someone who enjoys the stuff so much he thinks character X is God and pwns everyone and everything.

If you say so. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed