Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 870,675 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 19, 2016, 12:07:30 PMyeah never had the need to scan any myself. But if there's any that you might not have i'd be glad to contribute and post them

That's OK, I have all the actual issues, I just need to scan the covers!

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 19, 2016, 10:44:05 AM
Yeah reading the comics digital is really nice, although a slight different experience.
What program do you use for reading them? i use cdisplay, have been using it since i was a kid. 

I actually don't use anything all that special to read them. I've just been using Windows Live Photo Gallery that came with my laptop. It doesn't give me 2 pages at a time like a real comic would but I'm honestly fine with it like that. My only gripe is I have to blow up the pages a lot of the time so I can read as the text can be pretty small. I don't read digitally very often as like you said, a different experience. I prefer turning a real page as oppose to clicking "next" but I do it if there's no other way to read the story. I don't live near a comic shop anymore so I don't get to buy as much as I used to. It's been using digital for the last couple years.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 19, 2016, 03:19:30 PM
Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 19, 2016, 10:44:05 AM
Yeah reading the comics digital is really nice, although a slight different experience.
What program do you use for reading them? i use cdisplay, have been using it since i was a kid. 

I actually don't use anything all that special to read them. I've just been using Windows Live Photo Gallery that came with my laptop. It doesn't give me 2 pages at a time like a real comic would but I'm honestly fine with it like that. My only gripe is I have to blow up the pages a lot of the time so I can read as the text can be pretty small. I don't read digitally very often as like you said, a different experience. I prefer turning a real page as oppose to clicking "next" but I do it if there's no other way to read the story. I don't live near a comic shop anymore so I don't get to buy as much as I used to. It's been using digital for the last couple years.

So cdisplay has all those feature! there's even a magnifying glass where you just hold a key, i always set it was my right click. But of course nothing beats the real thing.. but then again nothing beats free.  :P

I have the text magnified on the page to the right

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

That is a pretty cool feature for sure I may look into it but it's not all that different from how I do things now except having 2 pages displayed. It's still the same annoyance I already have with having to magnify just to read which I'm really not a fan of doing. It's more of a last resort thing for me to read them on my computer. Out of ALL the Alien comics out there I would say I probably need about 20-30 issues to complete it. Free is definitely nice though I will admit that! haha And it's still the only way I get to read issues I don't have until I find a real copy. Completing my Aliens & Predator comic lines has been a priority of mine to finish beings as I'm so close.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

I'm curious about this back cover, is this how they look in the Euro version? The one i have is two issues and the back of them both is just space/stars with a white border.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2016, 08:20:29 AM
Tarzan beat me to it :) Yes, it was Paul Johnson. There were some superb covers to some of those issues. My favourite is a piece by Kilian Plunkett showing the queen getting flushed out of the Sulaco. I'd post a copy but I'm working from my phone now!

This one?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 19, 2016, 08:20:29 AM
For a while now I've actually been meaning to do some scans of the cover artwork from at least the Dark Horse issues because there really aren't any good copies of most of the covers online. If I ever get around to it I could send you the files if you'd like.

That said, Tarzan, that copy you posted is definitely better than the one I have. If you have all the covers in similar quality do you think you could send them to me? I'm only interested in the cover artwork, I have the mags themselves :)

I'd love either one of those options. It'd be nice to get them out there some more.  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's the bunny! Love that piece.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2016, 03:14:17 PMI'd love either one of those options. It'd be nice to get them out there some more.  :)

I'll let you know if/when I finally get around to scanning them all.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 19, 2016, 07:51:49 PM
I'm curious about this back cover, is this how they look in the Euro version? The one i have is two issues and the back of them both is just space/stars with a white border.

I have the two issues with the space and stars as well. The back cover you've uploaded here is pretty interesting

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It supposedly got a limited reissue in the UK in the mid-90s. Perhaps it's from that edition?

The fact it has the price in £ would support that.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I can help out with cover scans as well if need be. I have just about everything Aliens/Predator related in digital form so nothing needs to be scanned. There may be the odd thing I don't have if it was released in UK only type thing. I certainly don't recall seeing that Aliens magazine issue with the Queen being sucked into space so that I think is sadly one that I never got over my way, I only have 2 issues of the magazine.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's mostly the Aliens magazine covers I want to scan. Most other Aliens comic book cover art seems to be available online in pretty good quality, but not the magazine. I have all the issues in a box at home, I just need to get them digitized!

Thanks for the offer though (assuming it was somewhat directed at me lol).

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

It was directed towards ya hehe & whoever else was looking for covers. Aside from the one cover I already posted, the only other 2 magazine covers I have are these 2. I'll have to search around online to see if I can find the others I don't have.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Question! since it's the euro magazine format, are all these stories printed a bit larger than the dark horse counterparts?

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 21, 2016, 05:00:34 PM
Question! since it's the euro magazine format, are all these stories printed a bit larger than the dark horse counterparts?

Yes they are. Not terribly too much bigger than the comic version but it is a little bigger. We actually got these in Canada as well which is how I found out about them by coming across one in a comic shop when I was a kid. I kept going in every week after the 2 issues I bought looking for more, but I never seen more come in.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Mar 21, 2016, 05:00:34 PMQuestion! since it's the euro magazine format, are all these stories printed a bit larger than the dark horse counterparts?

Yeah, they're basically A4 size.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed