Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 870,672 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteSupposedly Fox was pushing Fincher to make a Director's Cut of the film almost as soon as it hit theatres. I'm guessing he told them where they could stick that!

From what I remember, and I can't remember where I read it, Fincher wanted to do a directors cut for the Laserdisc release but Fox said no.  I'd have to go through all my mags and books to find it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 20, 2015, 07:05:36 PM
QuoteSupposedly Fox was pushing Fincher to make a Director's Cut of the film almost as soon as it hit theatres. I'm guessing he told them where they could stick that!

From what I remember, and I can't remember where I read it, Fincher wanted to do a directors cut for the Laserdisc release but Fox said no.  I'd have to go through all my mags and books to find it.

Not heard that one before. Makes me wonder when he disowned the film then.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

It's on of those instances where I remember reading it but not remembering where exactly.  Can't remember whether it was during an interview with Fincher himself or another article.  From memory he wanted either a directors cut or to save to the cut footage as bonus content for the Laserdisc release.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 20, 2015, 09:04:30 PMFrom memory he wanted either a directors cut or to save to the cut footage as bonus content for the Laserdisc release.

That's strange, because every time the topic comes up in Aliens mag (and it comes up a few times) it makes it sound like it was Fox who was pushing for the alternate cut, even giving a tentative release date of 1994. In one instance it mentions that it might not happen because Fincher was now off speaking terms with the studio.

windebieste

windebieste

Which is at odds with Fincher directing Fight Club, which he did for Fox 2000 in 1999.  There'd have to be some kind of communication happening all through the development of that film. 

I sometimes wonder if Fincher continually denies association with 'ALIEN 3' and Fox just for the notoriety value it generates.  He's never denied it to the point of having his name removed from the credits.  We've never seen Alan Smithee's name stamped upon any release of the film. 

It's always had David Fincher credited as Director. 

-Windebieste.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2015, 07:31:12 AM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 20, 2015, 09:04:30 PMFrom memory he wanted either a directors cut or to save to the cut footage as bonus content for the Laserdisc release.

That's strange, because every time the topic comes up in Aliens mag (and it comes up a few times) it makes it sound like it was Fox who was pushing for the alternate cut, even giving a tentative release date of 1994. In one instance it mentions that it might not happen because Fincher was now off speaking terms with the studio.

I have the Aliens mags and I haven't read them in a long time.  As to Fox wanting an alternate cut I don't believe that.  I'm not saying your wrong, etc, it's just that Fincher walked out during editing and if Fox wanted an alternate cut they could have released one at any time back then instead of waiting until 2003.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 21, 2015, 08:04:43 AMI'm not saying your wrong, etc.

I'm not saying I'm right, just reporting what the magazines said :)

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 21, 2015, 08:04:43 AMFincher walked out during editing and if Fox wanted an alternate cut they could have released one at any time back then instead of waiting until 2003.

If the "Assembly Cut based on Fincher's notes" is anything to go by, by all accounts the studio did make an alternate cut, because what we got theatrically doesn't match what Fincher tired to do. Perhaps Fox just wanted to patch things up with Fincher post-release and let him do his own version of the movie. Plus, don't forget the Aliens Special Edition made Fox some coin, so they might be influenced by that to try to do the same again.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 20, 2015, 07:05:36 PM

Finally found 'a' snippet I was talking about.  It was during an interview for Digitalbits by Tom Doogan:

QuoteTodd Doogan: Probably the thing we hear most from DVD fans is, "When is David Fincher going to go back and revive his original director's cut of Alien 3 on DVD?" Because, having seen that cut - your original vision for Alien 3 - a lot of people think it's a much better film than what was finally released in theaters.

David Fincher: I have no plans to revisit Alien 3. There was a kind of famous encounter about that, when footage was cut and I remember saying, "Can we possibly save this stuff for the laserdisc?" And I was told by someone with great relish, "There are no plans ever to do that." You know... it was flawed from its inception and it was certainly flawed - actually pretty f**ked up - well before we started shooting. So there you go.

Link: Click Me  It's not what I remember but close enough lol.

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

My VHS, DVD, and Bluray.

Boxsets

ALIEN

ALIENS

The other stuff, no reason to have more then a couple right.

More to come.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Very nice.  :)

What's the sparkly one?

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Some comi-con exclusive that you could order online for a short time. The poster showed up a couple days later even though it didn't advertise as coming with it so that was a nice surprise. Still need to frame it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pretty cool!  :D

lkincaidjr

lkincaidjr

Anyone out there know what this is??? I cant find any information about it, and it isn't a standard giant blaster.

Rogue_Predator

Rogue_Predator

Beaut!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Rogue_Predator on Aug 28, 2015, 03:45:33 PM
Beaut!
I would probably freak if I came home late at night and saw this lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed