Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,702 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Too bad one more pregnant woman didn't die.

SM

SM

Mother Strause you mean?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

:D nicely played.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: SM on May 31, 2010, 01:13:42 AM
Mother Strause you mean?
Oooh, thats a dirty little dig.

SM

SM

Cruel, but fair.

Keg

Keg

Mother Strause you mean?

boom, stick that in your pipe. haha love it.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Mother Strause you mean?

Glorious.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

AVP. Both are terrible, but at least the first 30 minutes of AVP are decent (sans some dialogue lines)

The opening shot is great. The buildup is fine. The sets, cinematography and the special FX are great. And also the setting and basic idea - the story of small group stranded on unfriendly and hostile Antarctica in a mysterious abandoned pyramid
The movie goes downhill once the predators arrive. It turns into a cartoon from then on

AVP looks nice, big budget and professional. The sets, special effects and cinematography are quite nice. Im not big on that obvious and fake sounding looping, but thats alright. The movie isnt serious by any stretch, its what I would call an adventure movie for young adults, and something that adult scifi fans may find watchable with a popcorn and coke handy.
Of course, thats not what an alien movie should be, but as a standalone its fine. Well, the first 30-40 minutes are. And yes, it is much better than Resurrection

As for the joke called AVP:R....

What's interesting is that just like McG did with the terminator Salvation, the Strauss Bros promised to correct the supposed mistakes of the previous movie and make a "real" AVP movie. Hence the R rating and the comic book logos to appeal to the fanboys from the get-go. This is actually where the R came from in the title. Its now an R rated AVP, so AVP:R. They couldve come up with a better word starting on R than Requiem though.
The entire movie should be Fox's biggest embarrassment ever. To be honest, I cant believe they greenlit the movie after seeing the finished product. Perhaps they thought the internet geeks will love it for the gore and video game-ish action alone. They sure completely dropped the ball on logic , story and characters there. Who is even the main character? The sheriff? The pizza kid? his brother? Some mess I tell ya

Im not gonna comment on any specific elements of the story because it has way too many plotholes. But the one thing everyone including myself hates is the PredAlien. Gosh, not only this thing didnt make a damn sense logic wise and single handedly erased all the real life based logic and realness of the franchise, but it also looked absolutely ridiculous.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 01, 2010, 04:31:49 AM
AVP.

The movie goes downhill once the predators arrive.

Of course, thats not what an alien movie should be,

I think I get it now.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Nothing against Predators. The movie started turning into a cartoon once they arrive. Theyre shown as those big (BIIIG) bad football players, the cockorach Resurrection aliens appear, the dialogue is unbearable just everything goes down the crapper and turns into Mortal Kombat

LarJaThwei

LarJaThwei

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 01, 2010, 04:44:02 AM
Nothing against Predators. The movie started turning into a cartoon once they arrive. Theyre shown as those big (BIIIG) bad football players, the cockorach Resurrection aliens appear, the dialogue is unbearable just everything goes down the crapper and turns into Mortal Kombat

Nothing is quite as bad as Annihilation.

I enjoyed the first one more mainly because I liked the interaction between Scar and Lex. Yeah, I said it. Wanna fight about it? Lol.

However, the second one brought us the badass that is Wolf. :D

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Youre alright LarJar. Sept that Annihilation quip. >:(

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 01, 2010, 04:40:59 AM
AVP.

I think I get it now.

I doubt it, considering you quoted him completely out of context, ignoring everything he said. I'm not even sure you read it; he said that there was a point in the movie when things went downhill, and then gave reasons as to why it became cartoonish from then on. His point had nothing to do with the act of the Predators showing up. He was initiating a point that the film became less serious, and that is not what an Alien movie (a good, serious, frightening, and enjoyable film) should be. The same goes for a Predator film.

Perhaps you shouldn't spew random nonsense.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jun 01, 2010, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 01, 2010, 04:40:59 AM
AVP.

I think I get it now.

I doubt it, considering you quoted him completely out of context, ignoring everything he said. I'm not even sure you read it; he said that there was a point in the movie when things went downhill, and then gave reasons as to why it became cartoonish from then on. His point had nothing to do with the act of the Predators showing up. He was initiating a point that the film became less serious, and that is not what an Alien movie (a good, serious, frightening, and enjoyable film) should be. The same goes for a Predator film.

That was exactly my point. Thank you

Basher917

Basher917

AVP. Both are terrible, but at least the first 30 minutes of AVP are decent (sans some dialogue lines)

The opening shot is great. The buildup is fine. The sets, cinematography and the special FX are great. And also the setting and basic idea - the story of small group stranded on unfriendly and hostile Antarctica in a mysterious abandoned pyramid
The movie goes downhill once the predators arrive. It turns into a cartoon from then on

AVP looks nice, big budget and professional. The sets, special effects and cinematography are quite nice. Im not big on that obvious and fake sounding looping, but thats alright. The movie isnt serious by any stretch, its what I would call an adventure movie for young adults, and something that adult scifi fans may find watchable with a popcorn and coke handy.
Of course, thats not what an alien movie should be, but as a standalone its fine. Well, the first 30-40 minutes are. And yes, it is much better than Resurrection

As for the joke called AVP:R....

What's interesting is that just like McG did with the terminator Salvation, the Strauss Bros promised to correct the supposed mistakes of the previous movie and make a "real" AVP movie. Hence the R rating and the comic book logos to appeal to the fanboys from the get-go. This is actually where the R came from in the title. Its now an R rated AVP, so AVP:R. They couldve come up with a better word starting on R than Requiem though.
The entire movie should be Fox's biggest embarrassment ever. To be honest, I cant believe they greenlit the movie after seeing the finished product. Perhaps they thought the internet geeks will love it for the gore and video game-ish action alone. They sure completely dropped the ball on logic , story and characters there. Who is even the main character? The sheriff? The pizza kid? his brother? Some mess I tell ya

Im not gonna comment on any specific elements of the story because it has way too many plotholes. But the one thing everyone including myself hates is the PredAlien. Gosh, not only this thing didnt make a damn sense logic wise and single handedly erased all the real life based logic and realness of the franchise, but it also looked absolutely ridiculous.

I could barely tell who was who in the sewer action scene

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed