Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,728 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 22, 2010, 05:13:02 PM
No he doesn't. Skinning the cop leaves zero evidence that he's in the area. As far as the townsfolk are concerned, a man was robbed of his skin and left hanging in a tree. There's no indication that an alien did it.

Its still dumb. He on a mission to quell the retardlien infestation right? While he's sitting there taking his time skinning this guy, that fleshy abomination chetasaurus is barfing out twenty more retardliens.

It was just another cheap attempt to put another reference from the originals that didn't even work within the context of the story, if you could even call it a story.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't know how long it takes to skin a human, but considering Preds are pros, I don't think it took him more than 10 minutes. Not exactly a mountain of time there.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 22, 2010, 04:18:15 PM
Wolf was on a clean-up mission to destroy the Alien outbreak and remove all evidence of it.

So, he was on a specific mission. With a purpose that went beyond his own personal enjoyment.

Then he took the time out to skin a corpse, because, hell, a Pred's gotta have fun, right? The issue is that this is equivalent to your or me taking time to rub one out during a rescue mission. Not to mention that he leaves evidence of his own activity behind by doing so.

The Predators are hunters, this one was on a cleaning mission, but he's still a hunter.
The only thing that separated Wolf from the other Predators seen in the movies is that he didn't take any trophies, it's still a "hunt" but not a hunt for trophies.

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Feb 22, 2010, 05:23:25 PM
I still think skinning him wasn't a good choice. He was there to eliminate the aliens. As a veteran hunter (how else could have he been in a serious 'position' like that) he must have known how fast aliens can 'spread'. Assuming he could skin and hang the body in five (!!!) minutes, it's still a disadvantage. I don't think he could have allowe himself such luxury.

Yes, if he took his time doing things the Predator way, it would lead to more aliens being born...

...And that's good.
More Aliens= more Prey.
More prey is good for any hunter.

He wasn't in the rush to finish his work so he could get home in time for Oprah...

And Wolf found out about the Predalien and the face-huggers escaping when he found the dead predator in the crashed ship on earth, so his cleaning mission ended with him blowing up the ship.

After that it was personal, no trophies, no glory, no honor...it was about him finding the Predalien and killing it. The Predalien was the goal all along, the Aliens he killed was the ones in his path.

There is many things wrong with both AvP and AvP-R, but Wolf acting like a Predator ain't wrong.
No other Predator hesitated about skinning their prey because it might lead to the arrival of more prey in the area.

And I think it's still unknown why they skinn some of their victims.
Maybe it's a tribute to their gods, maybe something like one making the cross sign.

SM

SM

QuoteI don't know how long it takes to skin a human, but considering Preds are pros, I don't think it took him more than 10 minutes. Not exactly a mountain of time there.

Yeah but would you expect someone whose job it is to hunt down one particular person, to waste time with distractions?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Milan on Feb 23, 2010, 12:44:13 AM
The Predators are hunters, this one was on a cleaning mission, but he's still a hunter.
The only thing that separated Wolf from the other Predators seen in the movies is that he didn't take any trophies, it's still a "hunt" but not a hunt for trophies.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. How does Wolf being a hunter have anything to do with skinning corpses? You don't need to skin a bitch to hunt.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Feb 23, 2010, 12:48:08 AM
QuoteI don't know how long it takes to skin a human, but considering Preds are pros, I don't think it took him more than 10 minutes. Not exactly a mountain of time there.

Yeah but would you expect someone whose job it is to hunt down one particular person, to waste time with distractions?

No. But it doesn't mean they won't be.

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

I thought AvP was the Better film:

AvP Pros:
An Alien actually killed a Predator
Better Acting (Lance Hendricksen)
More likable characters
Pyramid was cool and overall was a good concept
Many references to the original comics
Like the Nethead Alien and i like the Alien design in this movie better.
Cool fight scenes

Cons:
Predators looked goofy
Bad Music score
PG-13
Where the hell did humans get machine guns from? (not that it mattered since they were useless)

Overall: 7.5/10 (I don't hate it like so many people do)

AvP:R Pros:
First 15 mins were cool, had me hoping for a good movie
Predator Planet
Predator looks better
Sewer scene looked like it was gonna be good
Changed title to Aliens from Alien
Set up a possible AvP3 (which i continue to be optomistic about a good AvP film)
Good Music Score

Cons:
Aliens completely worthless
Humans>Aliens>Predator (one predator by himself...)
Hot girl keeps her clothes on
Characters unlikable
Really dark
PredAlien looked goofy
R rating
Story is rediculous (Nuking the whole town and no one notices)

Overall: 6/10 (not terrible but defenitly not great)

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: JediMasterGabe on Feb 23, 2010, 01:51:11 AM
Really dark

Yeah, before my Blu-ray player i couldn't see ANYTHING during the day and i had to wait until night.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 23, 2010, 01:16:49 AM
Quote from: Milan on Feb 23, 2010, 12:44:13 AM

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. How does Wolf being a hunter have anything to do with skinning corpses? You don't need to skin a bitch to hunt.

Well, Anytime was a hunter and he did skin his prey, so was Pussyface and the three Predators who went into the pyramid in AVP.
And they all skinned their prey when they acually could have done smarter things.

I don't see why it's wrong for wolf to skinn a his victim when it's something that goes hand in hand with him being a Predator.
If the time taken to do that leads to more Aliens, well that might be bad for the Human spieces in that area but not for the Predators.
The Predators didn't mind planting aliens on earth.
Hunters don't mind if their favorite prey multiply, it's the oppisite that causes problems for any hunter, human or alien.
And "hunting" is a big deal for these Predators, it is a matter of life or death for them.
If they admit losing against their prey, then they commit suicide.
People say that they are hunting for joy...
I fish for joy but I wouldn't commit suicide because I couldn't get the fish or because it got away...
The Predator, they are always hunters, these's hunters have their own culture and traditions.
Even the ones who are on a cleaning mission.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It's wasted time when he's trying to accomplish a very specific task. After all, what's stopping him from completing a mission THEN having some fun?

The difference is that Anytime and Pussyface were essentially just partaking of leisure-time activities. Wolf had a specific task in mind and time was of the essence.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

What I still don't get is y he didn't just use his bomb in the first place. The only 2 reasons I could think of is the eventual discovery of a radioactive hole in the ground and him getting to a safe distance in time. Well, in that case they could have just nuked the entire site from orbit  ;D

SM

SM

It'd be another 170 odd years before anyone wised up to that.  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You could also ask, why the f**k does Wolf even care in the first place, but hey, every movie needs a plot hole.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Firstly, Aliens getting out of hand is bad news for anyone, even if they're retards.

Secondly, there was a downed Predator ship on earth. Humans discovering and reverse-engineering Predtech? Uh oh.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh ya, forgot about the ship :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed