Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,656 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm not contrary to it, I'm just contrary to show it... ;)
Hobbes? High five then! ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 21, 2010, 05:21:35 PM
I'm not contrary to it, I'm just contrary to show it... ;)

Why? They're just people. Where does this notion exist that they are sacred and can't be harmed? They're human too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They're human yes, but I suffer less seeing a man be killed than a Pregnant Woman. I mean, I don't like excessive gory movies, and disgusting images in them. To me, showing something like that onscreen is just literally the apex of disgusting, and fundamentarily unnecessary.
I like Horror films, but Horror films that take away what Horror really is and replace it with free gore are ridicolous.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

With respect, that sounds silly. In a slasher film, no one is off-limits. Everyone is fair game to die. That's why Quentin Tarantino will make a movie, say it's good, and have nothing in it but blood, guts, and gore as far as the eye can see through a film lense and yet the people dying in the film is everyone under the freaking sun.

I respect what Colin and Greg did because like I said, they pushed a boundary with those scenes. They were willing to take a risk and they shocked people, like yourself which tells me they succeeded in what they wanted to do.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I happen to think that Alien and Predator aren't slasher films. Are they?
And no, I'm not really shocked. I'm just disgusted of those directors just because they think that a scene like those should be put in a movie.
Repeating himself, everyone has different opinions, so I can't really change mine.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They're not, but it's certainly what Requiem felt like, because there wasn't much structure to it and there was a ton of gore in it. To me, that's a slasher film. The only thing seperating Requiem from other slashers are the titular monsters within.

And no one said the directors felt the scenes should have been put in. They just wanted to.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I certainly am not one that enjoys slasher films like this or Friday the 13th, no plot and lots of guts. Bingo!

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 21, 2010, 04:29:38 PM
Requiem means mass death. In case you missed all the people who died in the film.

Ummm...no.

Requiem is a song for the dead. Quite a fitting title.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meh, close enough :P

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I must tell that they are both :)
It's a genre and a spiritual ritual as I know. Anyway it's a real match for the movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Except for that AvPR has nothing spiritual. :D

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

I liked avp-r better  ;D

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 21, 2010, 02:45:43 AM

I wish there was a choice for they both suck. I can't stand either of them. I used to enjoy AvP R on a fun B level, but it's crap just like the first one. Crap is crap no matter how you cut it.

i recon you sold out to this forum myself  ;)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: shakermakerman on Jan 22, 2010, 12:21:48 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 21, 2010, 02:45:43 AM

I wish there was a choice for they both suck. I can't stand either of them. I used to enjoy AvP R on a fun B level, but it's crap just like the first one. Crap is crap no matter how you cut it.

i recon you sold out to this forum myself  ;)

What? Did you mean "like" myself! Yeah I guess so.  ;)

It was never great but I thought it was better than AvP at a given time. But like I said both are steaming turd piles.

SM

SM

QuoteWith respect, that sounds silly. In a slasher film, no one is off-limits.

But by the same token, would you like to see a monster pick up an infant and crush it's head while it struggles and screams and it's brains and yet to be formed skull ooze through the monsters fingers?

It may be that no-one is off limits.  Doesn't mean it has to be shown on screen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed