Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,633 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 16, 2009, 01:06:02 AM
Not really, considering what they're used for.
Feminine hygiene.

So, yeah, they're clean.

A55tricky

A55tricky

OH MY GOD i started a douche or turd sandwich debate.

LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy

AVPR by far. I thought AVP had an interesting concept but I enjoyed AVPR alot more. The acting was not great in AVPR the acting in the first was slightly better but overall I thought it was an enjoyable movie. I am not a big fan of those movies like I am with the originals but I dont mind them for what they are.

The only problem I had with the first AVP was that it took ages for the Predators to arrive and when they did in a short period of time 2 are killed right away. I wanted to see more of the Predators fighting the Aliens before there was only Scar left. The same could be said with AVPR, but I liked the idea of a sole Predator in that film cause it works if I make sense.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

The Prob with AvP was the predator(portrayal) ...and In avp:r, it was the aliens...
characterisation, dialogue were better in avp....and action too esp the end fight...so avp....."SLIGHTLY" since predator was the badass he's supposed to be.. in avp:r

draken161

draken161

Am I the only one that thinks AvP's storyline is similar to Resident Evil? Both were directed by Paul Anderson. Something large scale happens underground that brings humans underground in AvP its the Pyramid preparing for the Predators in Resident Evil it's the Red Queen going homicidal and killing everyone, closing the hive. Once the humans got down the to the pyramid they inadvertantly released the Queen which started the whole spread of the Aliens, In Resident Evil they kill the power to the Red Queen inadvertantly Releasing the Spread of the T-Virus to them.

What im saying is he's recycling elements from Resident Evil which i've noticed ever since I saw the First AvP which lost points for me when I saw it. BUT I STILL CAN"T GET OVER LEX AND SCAR RUNNING DOWN THE HALLWAY TOGETHER... it would onl be more cheesy if they ahd been holding hands... that and the line "we took the god's guns and now the prisoners are running free, to restore order the gods need their guns"

War Wager

War Wager

I'm pretty sure it's the guards guns.

draken161

draken161

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 20, 2009, 02:44:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the guards guns.

Huh, well notcied and thanks for the correction.... Now I can take her seriously-ish.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Both were not what (in my personal opinion only) what a fan would like to see.
AvP was...well it was just an abomination in every possible way.
AvPR was better,but too dark,too much human scenes, too little predator/alien scenes,too dark,and the ending...oh how I hate the ending.

A55tricky

A55tricky

Quote from: draken161 on Dec 20, 2009, 09:01:12 AM
Am I the only one that thinks AvP's storyline is similar to Resident Evil?
yeah, in the way that they both suck.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Bender1988 on Dec 21, 2009, 08:37:01 PM
AvPR was better,but too dark,too much human scenes, too little predator/alien scenes,too dark,and the ending...oh how I hate the ending.

I disagree with the creature screen time. If theres anything that Requiem got right, it was that.

draken161

draken161

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 21, 2009, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: Bender1988 on Dec 21, 2009, 08:37:01 PM

I disagree with the creature screen time. If theres anything that Requiem got right, it was that.

I think the Predator got enough screentime.... I think it was just the boring story with the humans that made the story drag on until you got to the creature bits.

Seraph

Seraph

I voted for the first AvP movie. It had many faults, but ultimately came out ahead by an inch (or two). I haven't watched the movies in months... might give them another try just to refresh my memory.

First I'll mention what I think AvPR did wrong:

1. Way too many homages from previous movies (practically trying to "copy" scenes. And I hated that little girl trying to replace Newt as the posterchild of Alien franchise).
2. Bad actors and stale dialogue. Terrible storytelling and plot details. Horrid scene transitions.
3. Graphics that had a "rushed" feeling (ex: the chestbursters)
4. Pitch-black cinematography! I couldn't see what was going in a few of the scenes! Might as well have closed my eyes while those scenes were playing.
5. Alien and Predalien weren't strong/fast enough. The main heroine was (I'm betting the Brothers were trying to introduce a "Ripley" character), was able to swat them with a standard M4 like flies from the air. Huh?

There were a few "cool" scenes that lasted a few seconds, but not enough to redeem this movie. I could start specifically analyzing all the scenes and how or why it doesn't make sense or was poorly done.

And I couldn't believe there was also an unofficial petition to bring the Strauss Brothers on for the third movie. YUCK! Away demons!
---
Maybe I'll come back and write about the first one too. Or not.

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Dec 26, 2007, 05:24:48 PM
Well...
AVP had a better, or should I say more "creative" setting and enviroment, good SFX, terrible creature design and terrible acting and pacing.
AVP:R is more faithful to the original concept of Aliens and Predator, but terrible setting and so-so acting...creature design is greatly improved.
I think AVP is more enjoyable for the concept,
and AVP:R for the actual film...
Both have lots of flaws, and personally I enjoyed AVP:R better...
My thoughts exactly.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: brennan4 on Dec 27, 2009, 07:49:39 PM
AVP:R is more faithful to the original concept of Aliens

what is this I don't even

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ya, much as I defend and enjoy AvP:R, even I don't understand that ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed