AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,745 times)

dallevalle

dallevalle

i have to go with avp R its just a better movie and thats what i think hehe

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

In what way was it better? Did it have a better story? No, it barely had one at all. Acting? No, it was somehow worse than AvP (excluding Lance Henriksen of course). Better Alien designs? Again, somehow, they were worse. While it did have more action than AvP, quality =/= quantity, so again AvP takes the cake for me in this category as well. I'm sorry if I'm rambling, it's just this movie was so f**king horrible that it makes my blood boil if I think too much about it.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The eternal struggle continues...

War Wager

War Wager

It's just a movie dude. Don't let it get to 'ya.

But let me express some, annoyance, at the fact that someone thinks 'Requiem' is "better" than 'AvP'. It's not. It really isn't. Take all the basics that were bad about 'AvP'; the script, acting, lack of realism etc and make it 2x worse. Thats what 'AvP:R' managed to accomplish.

Dusk

Dusk

Personally for me, AvP:R just had a bigger entertainment factor. It was fun to watch Wolf do the things he did and I liked the atmosphere better. All about AvP felt so artifical to me. I don't know how to exactly describe it, the execution felt kinda sterile, cold, unimaginative.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 17, 2009, 11:25:16 PM
It's just a movie dude. Don't let it get to 'ya.

I know I shouldn't, I just can't help it. Sometimes, something that is so horrible yet so popular comes along, and it just really pisses me off. This "film" is one, and Family Guy is another.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 17, 2009, 11:31:17 PM
Personally for me, AvP:R just had a bigger entertainment factor. It was fun to watch Wolf do the things he did and I liked the atmosphere better. All about AvP felt so artificial to me. I don't know how to exactly describe it, the execution felt kinda sterile, cold, unimaginative.

It looks artificial, like a video game. Which I guess is better than a YouTube video.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 17, 2009, 11:31:17 PM
Personally for me, AvP:R just had a bigger entertainment factor. It was fun to watch Wolf do the things he did and I liked the atmosphere better. All about AvP felt so artifical to me. I don't know how to exactly describe it, the execution felt kinda sterile, cold, unimaginative.

AvP was unimaginative?

I'll take an underground alien pyramid over Jason Voorhees's hunting ground anyday.

SM

SM

QuoteBut let me express some, annoyance, at the fact that someone thinks 'Requiem' is "better" than 'AvP'. It's not. It really isn't. Take all the basics that were bad about 'AvP'; the script, acting, lack of realism etc and make it 2x worse. Thats what 'AvP:R' managed to accomplish.

QuoteIt's just a movie dude. Don't let it get to 'ya.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 17, 2009, 11:35:09 PM
AvP was unimaginative?

I'll take an underground alien pyramid over Jason Voorhees's hunting ground anyday.

Not the scenario, the way the Movie looked.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

AvP was far more visually rich than Requiem ever was.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

This thread is interesting again.  :)

SM

SM

QuoteAvP was far more visually rich than Requiem ever was.

The look of AvP was about the only positive.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 17, 2009, 11:42:57 PM

Ya...gotta love the grey, drab, monotone scheme over an acutal colourful palette, albeit a dark one ::)

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 17, 2009, 11:42:57 PM

It all was black and gray and for a Pyramid buried beneath the ice, the corridors were surprisingly well lit. I kept wondering where the light came from. It's funny though, AvP was too well lit and AvP:R was too dark.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed