Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,734 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: esz on Dec 29, 2015, 05:52:01 AM
- AVP messes up the lore, but I don't care. For me, it's non-canonical and I can watch it without getting pissed of.

- AVPR I actually... really, really liked. It's decently written and acted, it has way better pacing than AVP, some cool scenes, and I love the cinematography - the shots are BEAUTIFUL. But yeah, gamma issues make it almost unwatchable.
being

I do consider AVP as canon, although at first it didn't feel right where it belonged.

With that being said, I might as well consider AVPR canon too, but there's no way I'm gonna do that.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 29, 2015, 09:25:57 AM
- AVP messes up the lore, but I don't care. For me, it's non-canonical and I can watch it without getting pissed of.

- AVPR I actually... really, really liked. It's decently written and acted, it has way better pacing than AVP, some cool scenes, and I love the cinematography - the shots are BEAUTIFUL. But yeah, gamma issues make it almost unwatchable.
being

I do consider AVP as canon, although at first it didn't feel right where it belonged.

With that being said, I might as well consider AVPR canon too, but there's no way I'm gonna do that.
Just leave the ending out and you wont know that AVPR EXISTED.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're the first and only person on this entire site who has ever said that about AvPR.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2016, 04:43:02 AM

You're the first and only person on this entire site who has ever said that about AvPR.

*clap* *clap*

Kaltes

Kaltes

I recall AVP being easier to sit through, but the sequel had fight scenes that were more entertaining (ignoring the shitty lighting of course). I don't know, it's kinda like asking whether it's better to be smacked in the head with a baseball bat or a golf club. Pick either one and your still f**ked.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I disagree, the fight scenes in AVPR was worse thant the first. Instead catfight wrestling, they now had the predator and Chet in what can be considered a boxing match, wolf was fighting in a too human manner in my opinion.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 01:28:43 PM
I disagree, the fight scenes in AVPR was worse thant the first. Instead catfight wrestling, they now had the predator and Chet in what can be considered a boxing match, wolf was fighting in a too human manner in my opinion.

At least there was no slow motion/bullet time shit.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

True dat, The matrix is both the best and worst thing to have happened. lol

Anyways, AVP is defo superior but neither film grasped the alien side of things too well, Alien is more of a horror experience, even the action sequel Aliens had horror and terror in it, but none of these AVP films had that, unless you count being horrified by how bad they were  :laugh:

Action is fairly easy to do, but horror and terror requires a good direction because otherwise it can fail or worse, be a cliche.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 27, 2016, 06:31:01 PM
Anyways, AVP is defo superior but neither film grasped the alien side of things too well, Alien is more of a horror experience, even the action sequel Aliens had horror and terror in it, but none of these AVP films had that, unless you count being horrified by how bad they were  :laugh:

It amuses me how Paul Anderson tried to do the slow buildup like Predator and Alien and it just made his movie worse. Sorry Paul, you're no Ridley Scott.  :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Action is fairly easy to do, but horror and terror requires a good direction because otherwise it can fail or worse, be a cliche.

AVP is more of a fantasy film with horror and scifi elements, IMO. 

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 01, 2016, 05:29:35 AM

What makes you say that?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Kaltes on Aug 01, 2016, 03:13:22 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 01, 2016, 05:29:35 AM

What makes you say that?

Nothing really specific, just the tone of it. 

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

There wasn't really any horror in it, Sci/fi for sure and I would say maybe "adventure" but not fantasy because that implies supernatural, though considering the speed of the life cycle, the Aliens were borderline supernatural lol

g2vd

g2vd

You know I actually wish that AVP:R had gone ahead with the idea of the Predalien using Predator technology like cloaking. I mean sure it would have caused uncontrollable groaning and incited the tears of millions of AVP-Fans, but at least the movie would have been somewhat unique because of it, as without it the movie is pretty much just a generic Aliens invade a small town scenario with unneeded excessive gore

comicsupreme

comicsupreme

I liked AvP more than Avp R because the aliens were better and actually beat two of the predators. While in Avp R the Aliens were rubbish though I did like the Wolf Predator more than the Predators in Avp.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed