Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,713 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Want a good AvP film? Look up AvP: Redemption.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

As a film as a whole? AVP. Which is better based on the creatures? AVPR. Overall though I enjoy AVPR more for the most part. Though the Aliens in AVP were better and I am a fan of the Scar predator.

EDIT: I'm starting to like AVP more. The Aliens in it just acted and looked better even though AVPR's did have ridges. AVP just did a lot of things better. The acting was much more tolerable. And the darkness of AVPR literally doesn't help. The only thing that AVPR has over it is Wolf who is my favorite Predator. Though Scar is the runner up only halted by Wolf.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Just wanna know ...
Why do people like Wolf? Aside from he looks 'cool'?

predxeno

predxeno

I dunno, I can tell you why I like Chet, tho. :D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 10, 2011, 06:03:47 PM
I dunno, I can tell you why I like Chet, tho. :D
Nah. But thanks  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 10, 2011, 05:32:21 PM
Just wanna know ...

Closest thing we got to a real Predator since P2. Not like the human-loving farce from AvP.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 10, 2011, 05:32:21 PM
Just wanna know ...

He brought a new insight on Predator tech, culture and weapons with him...
That they can read the past through each others bio masks, makes it hard for a predator to brag about a kill he didn't commit... the whip, wristbomb in the ship, mobile plasma caster that can be used by hand if needed and acid-proof wristblades...
...And lets not forget that this demented old fart showed us when he arrived at the store, how a predator/ human team-work should be played out...

Wolf was great and I wouldn't mind to see him again, in a movie done by different directors, but Andersson and the brothers shouldn't be let near an AVP, Alien or a Predator movie again.

SiL

SiL

He also showed that Preds can't fight for shit.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: SiL on Feb 10, 2011, 10:55:38 PM
He also showed that Preds can't fight for shit.

True, both movies made the Predators look that way.
And the second one added the Aliens to the humiliation.
The reason why Wolf was so "good" at killing Aliens wasn't because of his deadly skills,
it was because the Aliens lacked any deadly skills...
Same shit with AVP but only the other way around.

I would have liked the fights be like if a human would fight a lion,
They can make the predators tolerant against the acid but the Aliens would still be deadly and superiour in close combat,
because they would claw, bite and tail-strike, along being faster, stronger and more aggressive.
That's how I as a fan of the Predator would like to have seen the Alien fighting a Predator on screen.
But the Predator can't go around killing all the aliens from a distance useing his ranged weapons, eventually he would need to kill an Alien in close combat, cause the hunt calls for it.
That's why the Alien have become the ultimate prey,
cause they are hard as hell to kill that way.

SM

SM

QuoteThe reason why Wolf was so "good" at killing Aliens wasn't because of his deadly skills,

Eh?  One Predator had a half decent fight with an Alien but lost.  It wasn't 'cos they Predators lacked skills - they lacked ranged energy weapons.  When one of them got one - he shot a bunch of Aliens.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2011, 12:15:09 AM
QuoteThe reason why Wolf was so "good" at killing Aliens wasn't because of his deadly skills,

Eh?  One Predator had a half decent fight with an Alien but lost.  It wasn't 'cos they Predators lacked skills - they lacked ranged energy weapons.  When one of them got one - he shot a bunch of Aliens.

Yes, you are right...but Scar didn't do so well against the Alien who attacked him then desided to attack Lex while it wasn't finished fighting him, she killed it however, then he got jumped again on the sled and was again saved by Lex but before all that he got beaten by a face hugger...cause he didn't pay attention and cause Lex couldn't save him.
Chopper got it from grid....cause he didn't pay attention.
Even celtic who desided to go toe to toe with an Alien, with armor and wristblades that wasn't acid proof got killed cause he didn't pay attention.
Did these predators forget what they where up against present inside the pyramid?

And did Andersson forget that the Predator is an Alien who hunts prey that can and would, if given the chance, kill it, they are big game hunters and they kill themselfs if they can't win.
If you remember the thropy room in the end of P2, each skull in that room belonged to something that was able to kill it,
and the Alien is the one creature who is most capable of doing it.
AVP predators had no skill, anyone could sneak up from behind and kill them no matter where they where hunting cause they didn't pay any attention to their surroundings, it doesn't fit with a creature who travels off-world and hunts the most dangerous prey it can find. And it bets its own life on each hunt that it would be able to kill its selected prey and collect the trophy.

To work and adapt to your surroundings should be a basic skill for a off-world hunter like the Predator.
And AVP predators had none of it.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: Milan on Feb 11, 2011, 02:36:06 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2011, 12:15:09 AM

Yes, you are right...but Scar didn't do so well against the Alien who attacked him then desided to attack Lex while it wasn't finished fighting him, she killed it however, then he got jumped again on the sled and was again saved by Lex but before all that he got beaten by a face hugger...cause he didn't pay attention and cause Lex couldn't save him.
Chopper got it from grid....cause he didn't pay attention.
Even celtic who desided to go toe to toe with an Alien, with armor and wristblades that wasn't acid proof got killed cause he didn't pay attention.
Did these predators forget what they where up against present inside the pyramid?

And did Andersson forget that the Predator is an Alien who hunts prey that can and would, if given the chance, kill it, they are big game hunters and they kill themselfs if they can't win.
If you remember the thropy room in the end of P2, each skull in that room belonged to something that was able to kill it,
and the Alien is the one creature who is most capable of doing it.
AVP predators had no skill, anyone could sneak up from behind and kill them no matter where they where hunting cause they didn't pay any attention to their surroundings, it doesn't fit with a creature who travels off-world and hunts the most dangerous prey it can find. And it bets its own life on each hunt that it would be able to kill its selected prey and collect the trophy.

To work and adapt to your surroundings should be a basic skill for a off-world hunter like the Predator.
And AVP predators had none of it.

About Scar it looked to me like he threw the Alien off of him and when the Alien regained his footing relized Lexi was closer to him and potentially easier kill.

SM

SM

You wanna talk about Aliens with no skillzorz - talk about Ailens that walk onto spears then forget they have arms and legs.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Or a, accoriding to previous scenes, a super long tail.
Grid could have speared Scar from where he arrived if he used his tail :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't think Anderson is that crazy :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed