Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 691,349 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 08, 2010, 12:37:31 PM
Especially since Alien 3 made it clear that it took specifically armour-piercing weapons to significantly damage Aliens.
And Aliens showed that even the armor piercing explosive tipped rounds of the pulse rifle weren't 100% effective on the alien, even at close range.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

QuoteEvery time a Predator mops the floor with a dozen Aliens
Well, it's only Wolf, who has two xenomorphs by the throat at the same time. I like the situation above but don't really believe a Predator is superior compared to alien by default, they both have strengths and weaknesses. That I sympathize the Pred is another story.  ;D

QuoteEspecially since Alien 3 made it clear that it took specifically armour-piercing weapons to significantly damage Aliens.
Think there was even a tread about Vasquez shooting with pistol against alien above her in the duct, and not being damaged by acid. If she hasn't miss, than the bullets should have bounced off the alien.
Why Alien 3?

QuoteAnd Aliens showed that even the armor piercing explosive tipped rounds of the pulse rifle weren't 100% effective on the alien, even at close range.
Uuuh, you mean the grenades, or the rounds?...  :o In both cases think it's a bit exaggerated - it's just that the aliens take more punishment by the pulse rifle compared to, say smartgun.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

There's the comics to consider when it comes to downgrading the Alien, too. A lot of them are even less generous than AvPR.

Vasquez's bullets eventually damaged the Alien. The force of the gun probably causes the acid to trail away from the barrel.

Alien 3 because it was a powerful testament to the Alien's resilience after a number of comic books that downplayed it.

At the very least, the Aliens spend a fair amount of time avoiding gunfire of all sorts, going as far as finding routes not mentioned in any floor plan and actively taking cover (which implies that a lot of pulse rifle rounds were spent on supressive fire).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Aw hell, I'm gonna say it: Cameron's version of the Alien created the screaming space bug ideal, hence why some people seem to think it's a mere insect that can be walked all over.

I guarantee you, had Aliens not been made, this debate over an Alien's resilience wouldn't be an issue.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Jorko_Beliata on Jan 08, 2010, 01:46:34 PM
Uuuh, you mean the grenades, or the rounds?...  :o In both cases think it's a bit exaggerated - it's just that the aliens take more punishment by the pulse rifle compared to, say smartgun.

The pulse rifle round itself. It can be seen bouncing off some aliens in the op center raid.

Undeadite

Undeadite

It's a little hard to see if you don't know what you're looking for, with the quick camera movements and all.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I don't think I really noticed 'till I saw someone else point it out.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, me either. I always figured the marines had horrible aim till someone told me otherwise lol.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

ah those bugs are just tricky too hit. fricken bulletime alien monsters doing matrixs dodges and using cover grrr.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

Yyyyep. Can see lots of sparkles, when someone of the marines is shooting alien, exactly as it bounces off armored plating. Guess when it pierces when hits off the exoskeleton only.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

If you ask me, both movies had a bad script and the acting was just ridiculous (except Lance Henriksen of course). Both stories are dumb (avp... predators who teach humans and use pyramids etc., COME ON!) in my opinion (I don't want to offense anyone, I can't stand the idea). The visuals are okay in both films I think. And the aliens do not look formidable or scary like in the original movies.
However I don't like any of these movies, I'll vote for Avp:r. Just because the predator looks normal, the vision mode is okay, and the fight scenes are not so past endurance like in avp (okay, Scar's jump attack against the queen was...cool). But just because of this, nothing else.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Its like choosing between poop and crap.. went with 2 because of the violence

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteIts like choosing between poop and crap

Simple but undeniable truth ;D

RumorControl

RumorControl

Wow, I remember when AVPR had twice the amount of votes AvP did in this poll. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Logic and reason are finally coming to this thread. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed