Just a suggestion...

Started by Sara, Dec 11, 2006, 02:07:27 AM

Author
Just a suggestion... (Read 9,475 times)

Sara

Sara

Maybe perhaps have the fan section its own category on the board index?  The child boards seem a bit too "important" to be child boards, kinda like splitting hairs...

And maybe you can get a suggestions and help board for the entire forum?  So people like me don't spam the other sections with suggestions and whatnot. XD

EDIT:  Also, you have a bug...At your gallery index, where it says this:

QuoteWelcome to Artwork Central - a great resource for high quality artwork pictures submitted by their authors. If you want to upload your own artwork, read here.

The link of "read here" leads to localhost, making it a broken link.

The Ultimate Predator

Maybe, though I think they are pretty important, plus the Fan Fiction page links straight to the board.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteMaybe perhaps have the fan section its own category on the board index?  The child boards seem a bit too "important" to be child boards, kinda like splitting hairs...

Well, I did have a fan section on one board before but it was just too messy to keep track of everything.

QuoteAnd maybe you can get a suggestions and help board for the entire forum?  So people like me don't spam the other sections with suggestions and whatnot. XD

Yeah, that's what the AvPGalaxy.net Discussion board is for.

QuoteThe link of "read here" leads to localhost, making it a broken link.

Thanks, now corrected.

The Ultimate Predator

Hopefult hats all sorted out. One thing, would it be worth creating a Fan Games child-board?

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 13, 2006, 04:10:29 PM
Hopefult hats all sorted out. One thing, would it be worth creating a Fan Games child-board?

It's not exactly the most popular thing. It's not very often somebody makes their own game or something.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I like that you have screen caps of several scenes in the movies and good pics of the characters in each film, but I think that the villainy should be represented better as well. It's one thing to describe the aliens and the differences between them, but pictures are worth volumes. Plus it's just cool to see the difference between the human-borne aliens and the dog-borne alien. One could then imagine what particular traits the creatures would look like if they ruptured out of other species. (Let's hope a face-hugger never lands itself on a hawk.  :o)

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteIt's not exactly the most popular thing. It's not very often somebody makes their own game or something.

I suppose, plus the games section doesn't say whether they should be official or not....

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I have a suggestions as well

- Comment functionality on the user page (You can disallow comments as well)
- A list of threads started by the user by clicking on there profile (It would be easyer then useing the search bar)
- You can make collections for your favorite artwork on the site, just like on www.deviantart.com
- You can add Banners on your profile
- You can add post images without having to use the "img" codes just like on Gamespot

Sorry for the bump, i found this topic on the search bar and i didn't want to make a new one

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed