The Hobbit Trilogy

Started by War Wager, Mar 28, 2007, 07:49:40 PM

Author
The Hobbit Trilogy (Read 686,196 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It can be just a throwaway reference, showing him for a short time (like Sauron's armoured form).

Besides that though, here's one thing that definitely bothers me: the inconsistency in Smaug's portrayal.

We've got the four-legs Smaug...

...the Bat Smaug...

...and final Smaug.

Boy, I hope they just make one damn coherent version for the extended trilogy next year.

Hubbs

Hubbs

As I said in my red hot dynamite review (;)) I think Tim Curry would have been a good choice for Smaug's voice. Not saying Cabbagepatch wasn't any good, just a thought really when I heard the tone, reminded me of Darkness.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 19, 2014, 02:19:22 PM
Bat Chain, we're brothers at heart.

We share some ancient ancestor that perhaps hunted saber tooth cats and cave bears ... both out of territorial dominance and utter respect for the beasts themselves.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 19, 2014, 02:29:04 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 19, 2014, 02:25:33 PM
When do we get the Smaug prequel trilogy?
I do think there'll be a flashback of sorts detailing something about Smaug.

Now it would be fantastic if they showed, like, the genealogy of Dragons with Ancalagon and Glaurung... sweet dreaming, unfortunately.

From the Lore ...
QuoteIn Middle-earth, dragons were created by Morgoth the Enemy. The first to appear was Glaurung, an Uruloki or fire-drake, known as the "father of dragons." Emerging from Angband too young, he soon thereafter went back into hiding with Morgoth. When he next appeared at the Battle of Sudden Flame, however, he lead the charge into the battlefield, clearing the way for the Balrogs.

Spoiler

Balrogs and Dragons!
Spoiler
Fighting together!
Spoiler
Mass Hysteria!
[close]
[close]
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I have partially read the Silmarillion and that is what I was referring to. I would love to see them both as WETA designs, even if for just a few seconds. Though as said, it's just wishful thinking.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The inconsistency that lasts for all of a few seconds.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 19, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
I have partially read the Silmarillion and that is what I was referring to. I would love to see them both as WETA designs, even if for just a few seconds. Though as said, it's just wishful thinking.

Someone WILL make a trilogy of films based on the Silmarillion. It's just inevitable. To much cash sitting there unguarded by fire drakes. I'm sure if it happens in the next 10 years PJ, Fran, and Phillipa will be executive producers and maybe even story writers. I don't really think PJ would direct. But I can see the Weta designs being used. 

Shasvre

Shasvre

It would be nice to see someone else take a shot at Middle-Earth when PJ & Co are done with these films.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 19, 2014, 03:42:18 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 19, 2014, 03:19:00 PM

Someone WILL make a trilogy of films based on the Silmarillion. It's just inevitable. To much cash sitting there unguarded by fire drakes. I'm sure if it happens in the next 10 years PJ, Fran, and Phillipa will be executive producers and maybe even story writers. I don't really think PJ would direct. But I can see the Weta designs being used.

They'll probably make more than a trilogy, I'd bet.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: BANE on Apr 19, 2014, 02:55:45 PM
Haha you just want dragons, dragons and more dragons.  :laugh:

Nothing wrong with that  ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 19, 2014, 03:47:44 PM

Are you by any chance watching Game of Thrones as well? ;D

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 19, 2014, 03:13:48 PM
As I said in my red hot dynamite review (;)) I think Tim Curry would have been a good choice for Smaug's voice. Not saying Cabbagepatch wasn't any good, just a thought really when I heard the tone, reminded me of Darkness.

Smaug did remind me of the Lord of Darkness, too.  Cumberbatch, I think, was most likely used because he was popular and he did do an excellent job.  I don't think Tim Curry could've brought in as many people as Cumberbatch did.  But it did seem like they wanted Tim Curry's Lord of Darkness though.

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 19, 2014, 03:49:41 PM
Quote from: Topazora on Apr 19, 2014, 03:47:44 PM

Are you by any chance watching Game of Thrones as well? ;D
I've only watched the first season, I need to get my hands on the other seasons as well.  But I'm thinking of downloading the books and reading them.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 19, 2014, 03:44:45 PM
It would be nice to see someone else take a shot at Middle-Earth when PJ & Co are done with these films.
Like Del Toro.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Apr 19, 2014, 04:11:37 PM

Like Del Toro.

Not him, actually.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 19, 2014, 04:13:18 PM
Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Apr 19, 2014, 04:11:37 PM

Like Del Toro.

Not him, actually.

>:(

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

lool shots fired

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed