The Hobbit Trilogy

Started by War Wager, Mar 28, 2007, 07:49:40 PM

Author
The Hobbit Trilogy (Read 686,237 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I caught the new trailer with Catching Fire this past weekend. Smaug sounded pretty terrifying.

Keg

Keg

Couldn't hold out. I bought the Extended Edition the other day.

Now while I wasn't too bothered that these would be made into three films I have to say this extended edition doesn't really make the film any better the way they did for LOTR. It doesnt make it any worse either and I dont think it hurt the pacing as there wasnt actually that much added really. I thought the Goblin King's song would have been a bit too much but it was actually pretty good and I liked it. The extra dialogue with The White Council regarding the one ring, was a nice bit of extra foreshadowing too but beyond that the film doesnt really benefit from the extra scenes.

So yeah if you didnt like it the first time round, nothings going to change and if you did like it, you still will but there wont be much extra that will make you enjoy it even more. The meat of these extended editions that make them worthwhile purchasing comes with the extras if youre into all that stuff.

Can't wait to see Desolation Of Smaug now.

SM

SM

Yeah I really dug the talk about the Rings with the White Council, but overall the rest of the additions were just colour.

Jackson and Boyens commentary was typically enlightening and entertaining.  Like the bit where they talk about shooting Holm and Lee in London, because they're getting on too much to fly down to NZ.  And how McKellen was so enamoured of Blanchett they thought he'd turn straight.

BANE

Shasvre

Shasvre

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Lego Version Of Benedict Cumberbatch's "The Necromancer" From THE HOBBIT:DOS Revealed

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantasy_movies/news/?a=90642#utfDRKbslPoACYhT.99

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

First look at Smaug.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Nice. :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

My God that's so freaking insane. Love it.

It's every bit as great as it should be and I can totally see the WETA Workshop DNA there.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

He looks absolutely fantastic.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I'm sorry Vermithrax. We had a good run you and I. But I think it's time I start seeing other dragons now.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Fantastic. 8)

Also, think I'm gonna be going to a midnight showing! ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2013, 11:38:08 PM
And how McKellen was so enamoured of Blanchett they thought he'd turn straight.
God dammit I gotta listen to the commentary now.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Nice one N.A!

Smaug looks epic. Hype increasing. Tickets booked. WANT.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed