The Hobbit Trilogy

Started by War Wager, Mar 28, 2007, 07:49:40 PM

Author
The Hobbit Trilogy (Read 686,309 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I started watching that movie in 2005, and they're still on the boat.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 01, 2013, 06:37:21 PM
I probably wouldn't say that I like it better, but I have a hard time choosing between one or the other. They are on par with one another to me. The 2005 film has to be one of the greatest remakes I've ever seen. It pays an immense amount of respect to the original, but doesn't waste film by being a shot for shot copy of it.

I just gave more of a damn about what was going on in Jackson's version because there were actual characters in it. The original, fantastic as it was, really only had three or so. I just couldn't get as emotionally invested in it because of that.

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 01, 2013, 12:11:17 PM
Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 08:45:37 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Mar 01, 2013, 08:34:56 AM
Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 06:09:47 AM
They may as well have called this, The Lord of the Rings Prequel:  The Hobbit.  So many boring, irrelevant scenes that have nothing to do with the story.  Smaug looked like a cartoon at the end. 

Peter Jackson, your movies are overblown cgi-fests and they suck.  Go back to making zombie movies and movies about sex-crazed, drug addicted muppets. 

Fellowship of the Ring I kind of enjoyed, but the rest of the series just got too big for its britches.
The Hobbit sequel: The Lord of the Rings.... yeah that has a nice ring to it.

Different strokes for different folks.

What u talkin bout Willis?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mTuwb3Gonr4/TUJHh6hwqlI/AAAAAAAAAHs/xQn5kz41AP0/s1600/300px-718smiley.svg.png
Forced "le meme XDD" reply confirms you're an underage troll or at least have the mindset of one. That came out of nowhere.

And your stupid ring pun didn't? lol

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 03, 2013, 04:11:19 AM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 01, 2013, 12:11:17 PM
Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 08:45:37 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Mar 01, 2013, 08:34:56 AM
Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 06:09:47 AM
They may as well have called this, The Lord of the Rings Prequel:  The Hobbit.  So many boring, irrelevant scenes that have nothing to do with the story.  Smaug looked like a cartoon at the end. 

Peter Jackson, your movies are overblown cgi-fests and they suck.  Go back to making zombie movies and movies about sex-crazed, drug addicted muppets. 

Fellowship of the Ring I kind of enjoyed, but the rest of the series just got too big for its britches.
The Hobbit sequel: The Lord of the Rings.... yeah that has a nice ring to it.

Different strokes for different folks.

What u talkin bout Willis?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mTuwb3Gonr4/TUJHh6hwqlI/AAAAAAAAAHs/xQn5kz41AP0/s1600/300px-718smiley.svg.png
Forced "le meme XDD" reply confirms you're an underage troll or at least have the mindset of one. That came out of nowhere.

And your stupid ring pun didn't? lol

Wait, what?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 06:29:48 PM
Yeah. I personally think his version is better than the original.

I loved PJ's version but it could have been shorter. The original film is shorter and sweeter which works very well.

Gates

Gates

Look what just came in:

And here are the others:

I had Hadhafang sharpened, for zombie apocalypse...

Now, I can finally hang 'em all up (yes, I'm anal, I needed a second single-edged one so I can set them up proper...lulz)...oh yeah..! 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa, very nice. Be sure to post pics when you have them up!

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Gates on Mar 07, 2013, 01:17:50 AM
Look what just came in:

And here are the others:

Now, I can finally hang 'em all up (yes, I'm anal, I needed a second single-edged one so I can set them up proper...lulz)...oh yeah..! 8)
Oh my, a kindred spirit.  ;D

Gates

Gates

^^^Pics..! ;D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 07, 2013, 01:20:29 AM
Whoa, very nice. Be sure to post pics when you have them up!

Thanks, will do... :)

Alien³

Alien³

I probably wouldn't say that I like it better, but I have a hard time choosing between one or the other. They are on par with one another to me. The 2005 film has to be one of the greatest remakes I've ever seen. It pays an immense amount of respect to the original, but doesn't waste film by being a shot for shot copy of it.

Good thing there are only two versions of King Kong...right? RIGHT?

Son of Kong is worthy, as is King Kong vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes. Others...well : /

Jacksons King Kong 360 looks intense!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 01:44:22 AM

Son of Kong is worthy, as is King Kong vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes. Others...well : /

Son of Kong is quite good, but not a remake ;)

KK vs G, well, its fun for what it is :P Haven't seen all of KKE.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 07, 2013, 01:50:07 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 01:44:22 AM

"It's okay, they're all smoking!"

Oh, 1960s.

Son of Kong is quite good, but not a remake ;)

KK vs G, well, its fun for what it is :P Haven't seen all of KKE.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Gates on Mar 07, 2013, 01:17:50 AM
Look what just came in:

And here are the others:

Sweet! Who's sword was Hadhafang? I used to collect these replicas. I have the staff of Gandalf the White and Saruman. I also have Narsil. I wanted to get the walking axe of gimli but never did.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 06:29:48 PM
Yeah. I personally think his version is better than the original.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Only "pal"?

:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed