654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,829 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2010, 10:00:06 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 14, 2010, 02:32:29 AM
Just cut them all until the power goes down. Simple.
Except they clearly didn't do this. They got the one that cut out Operations specifically.

Assuming the complex was wired in a similar fashion to current buildings, just cut all the wires to ops. Simple.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It would take some pretty good reasoning to cut all the power to Ops. specifically, though.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 14, 2010, 10:27:37 AM
It would take some pretty good reasoning to cut all the power to Ops. specifically, though.

Again we assume they intentionally cut the power and it wasn't the result of acid burn or something similar. A lot of acid got sprayed around outside, it's possible this effected a lot more of the structure than we realise. If it was intentional then yes, that is quite impressive.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It was intentional. Jimbo gives us the lowdown in the commentary.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 14, 2010, 10:46:25 AM
It was intentional. Jimbo gives us the lowdown in the commentary.

Then yes I agree, that is quite intelligent. I still dont think that the actual act of cutting the power is all that remarkable (as stated earlier: find wires, cut) but actually knowing the significance of cutting the power as a tactic is quite intelligent. This single act in itself serves as the strongest argument to your point in the entire series. Well played.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

/manly nod

You know, it usually take waaaay longer to prove that point. Mr. Perry wasn't having any of it, for instance.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I am a man of logic. If what you are saying sounds logical then I have no choice than to agree with you.

SM

SM

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 14, 2010, 02:53:15 PM
/manly nod

You know, it usually take waaaay longer to prove that point. Mr. Perry wasn't having any of it, for instance.

He likes his Aliens dumb.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I guess the difference is I asked for an example of intelligence and you gave it to me. I prefer to enter all debates with an open mind and hopefully I can learn something. Mr. Perry obviously has his mind set on his perception of Aliens and he's content to stick to it. I guess because I haven't published any material on the topic and I have never made money off the franchise so there's no harm in learning new things and being proven wrong. A man in his position probably can't afford to backtrack and choses to support his thoughts 110%.

Lucky Star

Lucky Star

TBH one alien has more strength in its tail alone than a Predator has in its entire body.

Mus

Mus

Based on...

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

The Alien has far appeal for me because of its element of pure chaotic beauty; much luck Ash or Golic's admiration/obsession with the creature.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Predators....
(Insert as many jokes about me as you want)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed