Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,511 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 17, 2010, 12:41:21 PM
The matter is that in the original movie only the queen is powerful enough to got threw an human being (android) with her tail in Alien2.  When an alien is using his tail he can only stab and cut with his dart, according to Alien 4 in the scene where 2 aliens mutilate an other one to escape .
See again how Parker is killed in Alien. The creature tailslaps him and sends him straight flying. Predators weigh some more than humans but it's not a big problem at all.

And his helmet can stop the 40mm nades blast and deflects cal 12 shells without problem ,so the tong of an Alien that don't even cracked an armored glass (Alien4) even a 9mm bullet would at least crack a armored glass (i 'm not saying a 9mm can go through a armored glass).
Onscreen>What you think.
A:R's glass was from 2381. If they didn't develop an advanced and resistant glass to contain better the most motherf**king dangerous species in the whole galaxy, then f**k me.

Remember that the Queen's tong doesn't even damage the Ripley's suit at the end of Aliens Resurrection.
Um... what? The Queen and Ripley never have a faceoff in A:R.

SM

SM

QuoteWhen an alien is using his tail he can only stab and cut with his dart, according to Alien 4 in the scene where 2 aliens mutilate an other one to escape .

The Aliens attack the third with their inner jaws - not their tails.

And therer were two panes of glass in the Auriga medlab each a couple of inches thick.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Also that.
But I'm sure that in freakin' 2381 someone would have discovered some kind of high-resistant glass.

SM

SM

One would think so.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

The Aliens were pretty much overpowered for the AvP 1 movie I think everyone has to see that, even the Alien Fanboys. There's no way in hell that the inner mouth of an Alien can break through the Helmet of a Pred, no way.

As for the tail, well the original Alien Drone can stab and can tailslap... but both things are not the same as stabbing and then lifting the prey up. Just look at the Giger Alien, that tail is tiny compared to the ADI Alien... nah you can come up with whatever argument you have I won't believe you.

Now to be fair, let's not let the Predfans get away too easily.

AvP: R had a Predator that was basicly immune to acid blood... wtf? Wolf was overpowered as Pred in the sense of just ignoring acid blood and being even invisible to aliens at some point of the film (when he stabs the alien from behind in the pool)

So you see, in order to make the AvP movies work and make an entertaining film, the directors have to overpower one of the species. Either they make the alien break predator helmets or a predator who uses acid blood as a shampoo.

So what can we say? Right... AvP movies don't work with the hardcore fans of the original franchise because their creatures get bastardised. As for AvP 1 it was quite entertaining, however: f**king ridiculous.

and AvP:R... oh just don't make me start.

SM

SM

QuoteThere's no way in hell that the inner mouth of an Alien can break through the Helmet of a Pred, no way.

Why?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 12:58:34 PM
There's no way in hell that the inner mouth of an Alien can break through the Helmet of a Pred, no way.
Why?

As for the tail, well the original Alien Drone can stab and can tailslap... but both things are not the same as stabbing and then lifting the prey up. Just look at the Giger Alien, that tail is tiny compared to the ADI Alien... nah you can come up with whatever argument you have I won't believe you.
The Queen did so, and much more quickly than the Alien in AvP. The latter impales and then, slowly, lifts the Predator. The Queen spends much less time.

Now to be fair, let's not let the Predfans get away too easily.
Ha-Ah!

So you see, in order to make the AvP movies work and make an entertaining film, the directors have to overpower one of the species.
Anderson "overpowered" both, not only the Aliens. How come the Predator weapons be immune from the Alien acid?

a predator who uses acid blood as a shampoo.
That brings me back to Evolution.... lol!

Ps. LOL SM, you just have to read my mind do you? It's me that I must do so, not you!! ;D

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2010, 01:00:41 PM
QuoteThere's no way in hell that the inner mouth of an Alien can break through the Helmet of a Pred, no way.

Why?

Can't be argued but supported either. Pure concept...
Of course if you like avp, non..

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

The spear gun ammo in Predator 2 was made out of the most solid metal that anyone could imagine. The doctor in pred 2 clearly says that nothing like this can be found on earth and that it can cut through everything since it is the most solid metal.

Hence, the Predarmor is at least made out of that metal if not even stronger. A biomechanic inner jaw can't stand a chance against that kind of metal.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

In the same way, Predator Wristblades and Shurikens have different reactions to acid. How's that so?
Also consider that the Inner Jaw goes at an incredible speed when it's used as an attack. It's like a bullet. Bullets can be destroyed pretty easily but still, they can do incredible damages.

SM

SM

QuoteA biomechanic inner jaw can't stand a chance against that kind of metal.

Why not?

Bullets sometimes bounce of Alien hides - but inner jaws can puncture them.  Don't see why it couldn't break a Predator mask at point blank.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

The predators captured an alien queen and havested her, using the Alien species as a prey for manhood. They belong to the most advanced race of hunters out there and every thing they do is according to the way of the hunt, so the least thing that they could do is manufacture a helmet out of a metal that is resistant to the alien bite power.

Hell, the Shuriken and the Spear were even resistant to acid blood, so if you can develop a metal that is resistant to acid, you may as well develop a metal that is resistant of a strong but nevertheless only biomechanic bite.

SM

SM

Obviously they didn't.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 01:14:54 PM
Hell, the Shuriken and the Spear were even resistant to acid blood, so if you can develop a metal that is resistant to acid, you may as well develop a metal that is resistant of a strong but nevertheless only biomechanic bite.
Then how Armor, Wristblades and net aren't acid-proof?
Same reason wy the helmet isn't bite-proof.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Alone that we have to make exceptions for different parts of the predator gear in terms of resistance goes to show the major logic-holes that the AvP movies have made. It would be far easier to manufacture everything from the same material, especially when you are a hunter orientated clan that doesn't want to spend hours and hours in a biolab, trying to figure out which weapons should be acid resistant and which shouldn't.

QuoteObviously they didn't.

There you go, it has come this far with AvP 1 that we'll just have to accept the given facts.
So I'm not going to argue, because even I consider the AvP franchise as canon... as much as I hate those 2 movies, they are movies, so yeah they are canon.

However now that we have the even stronger Super Preds *evil grin on my face*...

we got as new player in town  ;) If they ever make it into an AvP movie, the Aliens are in some trouble.

I'm just trying to say with this, that whatever shit a screenwriter/director writes, has to be accepted by the fans. That doesn't mean that the idea is without flaws, but it's just the sad way of the world.

So again, Pred helmets = resistant to jawbite in my book, although I know every alien fan will think otherwise. So I accept it if you believe that, but don't ever expect me to believe the shit that AvP has made me want to believe in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed