654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,797 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 30, 2010, 11:37:12 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Mar 30, 2010, 10:14:14 PM
Couple that with the Predators intense hearing and nothings sneaking up on that guy if he's got his shit together.

So intense he fails to notice Dutch right next to him on several occasions.

He can't see Dutch though. An Alien sticks out like a sore thumb. When Dutch swung on the vine, it new where the sound came from it just couldn't see him. When Dutch fired the arrow? I new figured out where we was and blew shit up.

Quote from: SM on Mar 30, 2010, 10:36:57 PM
The Alien did a pretty good job of making no noise in the vents with Dallas when it was moving around very quickly in a cramped space.

Yeah, to a human's ears. I'm not denying it's a stealthy f**ker, all I'm saying is that it's impossible for an Alien to be so stealthy that it's even undetectable by Predator hearing.

SM

SM

Can't think of how good Predators hearing is off hand.  Been way too long since I watched a Predator flick.

Aeus

Aeus

A Predator can process 64 individual noises at once. A Human struggles with more than 5. Give him 5 high and 5 low and he won't be able to identify any of them.

Couple this with their technology which can be selective and so on and you've got one serious set of ears.

SM

SM

Sixty four?

With or without the helmets?

Aeus

Aeus

Going by the films his hearing is fairly similar both on and off, it's just I assume he can't zoom in his vision and hear as if he was stood where he zoomed into.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Was it established that the Predator has the skill to process 64 dif. noises? I do NOT remember this from Predator 1 or Predator 2. Or the AVPs but I don't always watch special features so I don't know.

SM

SM

I just assumed it was something Busey said.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 31, 2010, 01:28:11 AM
Was it established that the Predator has the skill to process 64 dif. noises? I do NOT remember this from Predator 1 or Predator 2. Or the AVPs but I don't always watch special features so I don't know.

Predator 2 Special Features -> Weapons.

SM

SM

Fair enough then.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 31, 2010, 12:53:50 AM
I'm not denying it's a stealthy f**ker, all I'm saying is that it's impossible for an Alien to be so stealthy that it's even undetectable by Predator hearing.
Except that's not really supported by the movies. Anytime doesn't hear every gentle leaf moving in the breeze, every insect in ten meters chirping, every displace rock scattering down a hillside. Nor does Pussyface hear every single conversation in a street, every single car engine going down the road.

What they do hear is very clear and in cases amplified, but we've never seen a Predator pick up on an incredibly quiet noise.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

predators seem to be able to hear well, but they're hearing seems selective.
they probably cant hear everything going on around them such as the wind blowing roughly or leaves rustling. seems they may have to choose on what to focus theyre listening on

an alien could most most likely 'could' get the jump on a predator.

but an alien could definatly get the jump on a predator with there is a ruckus goin on and he is distracted

cvetan

cvetan

I'd say Dark Passenger is just about right, but AvP does have alot of floors.

SM

SM

QuoteI'd say Dark Passenger is just about right, but AvP does have alot of floors.

And the way they kept moving around every ten minutes didn't help either.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: SM on Mar 31, 2010, 06:41:35 AM
QuoteI'd say Dark Passenger is just about right, but AvP does have alot of floors.

And the way they kept moving around every ten minutes didn't help either.

LOL!

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: SM on Mar 31, 2010, 12:03:38 AM
I just bet theres some strange alternate dimension where the above comment makes sense...

Yeah the dimension where I was being a smart ass. That one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed