660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,622 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP Predators didn't do anything stupid (except for Chopper); Scar being a youngblood was more like a Predator than Wolf IMHO.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Coz all Predators want to get close to humans, right?

Aeus

Aeus

Yeah he seems to overlook the fact that regardless of whether Wolf was a dumbass...

AVP showed a Predator -a sadistic big game hunter from space- befriending a woman....And then being saved by her.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It wasn't stupid. Logically, anything that can help you against opponents could be used. A Predator alone with 6 Aliens and a Queen fookin Alien wouldn't have lasted that much.

Aeus

Aeus

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Tell that to the race of aliens that hunts the most dangerous game in the universe for fun.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They don't always get fine.
Wolf had a problems with the Predalien, figure with the Queen...

Aeus

Aeus

That wasn't my point.

My point was by nature they have a 'give a shit' attitude. They're also arrogant as hell. I can't even see one wanting to team up with another Predator let alone a human.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Hunt didn't go as the Predators wanted it, so Scar was somewhat forced to get help.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 29, 2010, 06:18:55 PM
The Hunt didn't go as the Predators wanted it, so Scar was somewhat forced to get help.

The Hunt goes wrong? They blow themselves up. That's how the Predators in the flashback did it -- now that was truly badass. Fighting 'till the bitter end. Scar sought help, which was weak. They're a bit like samurais... death before dishonour. Supposedly. And that's why Scar was a shitty Predator. Sure, he was smarter than the rest of his race, and I applaud him for seeking help, but it's not typical Predator behaviour.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Completey agree with Hive Tyrant on the kill themselves point.

If the hunt gets screwed up Scar should've sought out an Alien and found an honorable death. Anderson's knowledge of the Predator seemed to come from Perry's novel AVP:Prey ...

A Predator would rather kill itself then be saved by a human ... any Predator fan knows this ( well maybe those Predator fans who love Perry don't. ;) )

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 29, 2010, 10:40:10 AM
Anywho who complains about an Alien taking out 2 Predators shoul remember that later in the movie the remaining predator takes out 4 aliens, 3 of which in a matter of seconds. No Alien fans to this day have denied that.
QuoteIn which case, AvPR contains negative quantities of Predator.
^Best comment ever

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me how the last remaining Predator fought. Oh... nice.. caster spam a bunch of Aliens.. that shows your true strength. The only thing that bothers me about Grid killing 2 Aliens is then you already know the movie is basically over. Who gonna win, the last remaining Predator or the thousands of Aliens? Its very predictable. It would of been cooler if Celtic whooped a few asses before he got nailed. But honestly, I don't mind very much.

SM

SM

However had everything gone to plan, the Predators would've been able to slaughter Aliens at will with the shoulder gun things.  Never really thought that made sense...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 29, 2010, 08:43:17 PM
Anywho who complains about an Alien taking out 2 Predators shoul remember that later in the movie the remaining predator takes out 4 aliens, 3 of which in a matter of seconds. No Alien fans to this day have denied that.
^Best comment ever

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me how the last remaining Predator fought. Oh... nice.. caster spam a bunch of Aliens.. that shows your true strength. The only thing that bothers me about Grid killing 2 Aliens is then you already know the movie is basically over. Who gonna win, the last remaining Predator or the thousands of Aliens? Its very predictable. It would of been cooler if Celtic whooped a few asses before he got nailed. But honestly, I don't mind very much.

I would have had basically an interuption in the fight between Grid and Celtic. Had Celtic take on two other aliens in quick fashion as Grid fought to get out of the net. Basically imagine the scene like this...

Grid leaps, Celtic fires the net. Grid crashes down through the hole. Celtic turns at the sound of another alien shuffling nearby, throws a shriunken at it, slicing the top of its head open length wise. Celtic waits for the blade to return. Too late, another alien rushes at him along the ceiling, and dives down, dog piling him. The two roll like mad. Celtic takes a gash to his shoulder from the aliens tongue, spewing green blood everywhere.

Celtic draws his ritual knife and repeatedly stabs it into the side of the Alien's neck, he pulls out of the way as heaps of acid hit the ground. Celtic stands over the dying creature, resolute. Then, out of nowhere, Grid, covered in criss cross netted acid wounds, slams Celtic into the wall, Celtic drops the blade, Grid gets a grip on Celtic's head. Head bite. Game Over.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 29, 2010, 11:08:24 PM
Quote from: The Demon on Mar 29, 2010, 08:43:17 PM
^Best comment ever

I would have had basically an interuption in the fight between Grid and Celtic. Had Celtic take on two other aliens in quick fashion as Grid fought to get out of the net. Basically imagine the scene like this...

Grid leaps, Celtic fires the net. Grid crashes down through the hole. Celtic turns at the sound of another alien shuffling nearby, throws a shriunken at it, slicing the top of its head open length wise. Celtic waits for the blade to return. Too late, another alien rushes at him along the ceiling, and dives down, dog piling him. The two roll like mad. Celtic takes a gash to his shoulder from the aliens tongue, spewing green blood everywhere.

Celtic draws his ritual knife and repeatedly stabs it into the side of the Alien's neck, he pulls out of the way as heaps of acid hit the ground. Celtic stands over the dying creature, resolute. Then, out of nowhere, Grid, covered in criss cross netted acid wounds, slams Celtic into the wall, Celtic drops the blade, Grid gets a grip on Celtic's head. Head bite. Game Over.

That would have ruined the fight. What I appreciate about the sequence is that is shows that an Alien and Predator are equals in combat; having an inexperienced hunter quickly take on two without too much trouble is not only a bit disrespectful, but doesn't make sense considering the huge fight he just had with Grid.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Mar 29, 2010, 11:39:24 PM
That would have ruined the fight. What I appreciate about the sequence is that is shows that an Alien and Predator are equals in combat; having an inexperienced hunter quickly take on two without too much trouble is not only a bit disrespectful, but doesn't make sense considering the huge fight he just had with Grid.

How exactly is it "not too much trouble" ? He gets one 'easy' shot off in the rush of the fight, gets trampled over by the second, and then gets decimated by the original target. It would have prolonged the engagement - which is the POINT of doing an A vs P film - and it would have helped to balance out the instant death of Gill. Talk about disrespectful. Gill was so owned, so dead, he got no chance... and Scar, aside from one face hugger, and one alien that he quickly dispatches - never has a decent head-on fight with an alien. So I say give Celtic more screen time, let him **** up some aliens, going down like the Hudson-Predator of the film.

Are aliens and predators equal? Depends on the alien, predator, Who has what in terms of equipment, who saw who first.... Many many elements play into it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed