660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,669 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The thing is, I doubt I'd ever be considered sport, so if I encountered it, it would be entirely by accident. I would then (most likely) pass out, and no hunter would want to say they got this skull from an unconscious person.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2010, 09:57:38 PM
I spotted it every time in the movies :P

You did, as the viewer. You were supposed to. But in some cases, when the character was in a bad spot they didn't see the creature until it was too late.

Maverick62897

Maverick62897

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 07, 2010, 05:45:50 PM
They're both cool creatures. And both have their appeals and parts that are stupid about them.

Who's Stronger? The alien I think. In Alien 3 it broke free of melton lead. Seriously.
Who's more Agile? The alien. It is designed as being agile whilst the Predator is a humanoid.
Who's more Intelligent? Well the Predators have technology and a culture so i'd go with them. Not to say aliens are below human intelligents they're just don't need technology.
Who is more Durable? This is debatable. The alien would win because it survives the vacuum of space. But the Predator survived being forzen partially with liquid nirtogen , shot twice with a shot gun and survived a 20 foot wall and then getting its organs cut up for several minutes before being killed by Harrigan in Predator 2.

Who's Cooler - well like I said they're both cool - right?
I think you also missed that in Predator, the Predator still survived after being squashed by a very big log that fell from a height, which added impact and more force to the Predator, and the Predator still had the strength to detonate the self-destruct device. If the humans were in the Predator's place, they would've already died, or if they luckily survive it, they won't have the strength to move anymore. If it were an Alien in the Predator's place, it would have been killed before its blood melts the log. So that adds more points to the Predators.

SiL

SiL

The tree log didn't weigh ten tons.

An Alien would be fine.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

If a little surprised.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Well it depends on where the alien was hit. If it was hit on its back or head it would probaby live but I've always felt its underbelly was weaker.

I know this shouldn't count as canon but didn't Wolf step on and crush an aliens head in AVP:R and he weighed 285 lbs.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Yeah, and then the Alien's acid blood did absolutely nothing.

AvPR throws all sorts of canonical aspects out the window to cover for its own rule of cool.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Yeah I agree AVP:R created its own " Canon rules " because it was so poor. I think that this thread is going to go on until we have an Alien and Predator in some neutral enviorment and see who wins.  :-[

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Speaking in all fairness, there's no absolute, definitive answer to this in any situation. That's a part of the fun.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I know. If only the Replicators from Stargate Atlantis were in this they'd beat both.  ;D.

But yeah I think which ever creature you seem to like more is the one you usually defend in a fight (although not always. )

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

Aliens!!!!!!!! Maybe just because I saw Alien before I saw Predator.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Maverick62897 on Mar 21, 2010, 07:09:58 AM
Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 07, 2010, 05:45:50 PM
They're both cool creatures. And both have their appeals and parts that are stupid about them.

Who's Stronger? The alien I think. In Alien 3 it broke free of melton lead. Seriously.
Who's more Agile? The alien. It is designed as being agile whilst the Predator is a humanoid.
Who's more Intelligent? Well the Predators have technology and a culture so i'd go with them. Not to say aliens are below human intelligents they're just don't need technology.
Who is more Durable? This is debatable. The alien would win because it survives the vacuum of space. But the Predator survived being forzen partially with liquid nirtogen , shot twice with a shot gun and survived a 20 foot wall and then getting its organs cut up for several minutes before being killed by Harrigan in Predator 2.

Who's Cooler - well like I said they're both cool - right?
I think you also missed that in Predator, the Predator still survived after being squashed by a very big log that fell from a height, which added impact and more force to the Predator, and the Predator still had the strength to detonate the self-destruct device. If the humans were in the Predator's place, they would've already died, or if they luckily survive it, they won't have the strength to move anymore. If it were an Alien in the Predator's place, it would have been killed before its blood melts the log. So that adds more points to the Predators.

First of all, a log fell on the Predator's head, almost killing him. That is not durability. He would have died within a short span of time had he not gathered the strength to detonate the bomb, which was a challenge for him.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the log didn't weigh twenty tons. Unlike the hot lead dropped all over the Runner in Alien 3. The stuff it survived without slowing down a bit. As well, the Alien survived multiple explosive rounds to the head from a gun two hundred years more advanced then our own.

I'd like to know where you get the theory that the Alien would die from the log.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I personally think that the Alien would've survived the log falling on it. Although I believe it would've been hurt.

They've each taken so much punishment its hard to say which is more durable. I believe they can take the same amount of bullet fire.

But the ailen has a shell so it can probably take more pressure.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not the same bullet fire; standard rounds have been seen to injure the Predator with a single hit. With the Alien, it takes 7 or 8 in fired in more or less the same spot to break through the outer-shell.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I doubt a handgun will do any more good against a Predator than it would an Alien. Bill Paxton's character in P2, when cornered in the subway, wasn't having much luck with a Desert Eagle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed