660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,434 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Aliens greatest strength has been numbers since Aliens.

Lets see how long one alien would last against the marines in Aliens. It wouldn't last very long.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're not trolling, but you're double posting and that's just as bad.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Ah my mistake.

I think i'm going to leave this thread for a while on my above posts.  ;).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No biggie, just edit the previous post if what you want to say is immediately following your previous thought. Just easier to read that way.

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 05, 2010, 03:00:27 AM
Aliens greatest strength has been numbers since Aliens.

Lets see how long one alien would last against the marines in Aliens. It wouldn't last very long.

If it used ambush tactics like the one in Alien it would probably take a few marines out before it was killed.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 05, 2010, 03:00:27 AM

Which is why, in Alien: Resurrection, 50 men-at-arms evacuated an entire battleship because six Aliens escaped.

The Demon

The Demon

...and a Queen.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

The Queen never left her chamber, she was busy laying eggs, and then later gestating the Newborn.

just quickly post my opinion of the main purpose of this thread.

I love both, but aliens just edge it out for me.
Preds are cool and all, but I've always preferred the alien movies, perhaps it is because I'm a SF fan and the alien series has more SF elements, but everything about aliens are cooler, their design is so beautiful,
I'm actually pretty surprised that Predator is winning on the poll.

Elliot117

Elliot117

i reckon whoever did the predator hog roast idea with "duct tape" (i'm an idiot and spelt it wrong last time) followed by hillbilly rape is smart that should definately be in the next avp!!

DeadCities

DeadCities

I think that the Alien movies are better films, but I chose predator, because... Well... THEIR BADASS.

kaljo

kaljo

Yautja of course. Why? Their tech, honor, way of life, hunting, killing. Beeing able to operate space ships. And most of all their very awesome look.

The PredBen

The PredBen

They're both cool creatures. And both have their appeals and parts that are stupid about them.

Who's Stronger? The alien I think. In Alien 3 it broke free of melton lead. Seriously.
Who's more Agile? The alien. It is designed as being agile whilst the Predator is a humanoid.
Who's more Intelligent? Well the Predators have technology and a culture so i'd go with them. Not to say aliens are below human intelligents they're just don't need technology.
Who is more Durable? This is debatable. The alien would win because it survives the vacuum of space. But the Predator survived being forzen partially with liquid nirtogen , shot twice with a shot gun and survived a 20 foot wall and then getting its organs cut up for several minutes before being killed by Harrigan in Predator 2.

Who's Cooler - well like I said they're both cool - right?

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 07, 2010, 05:45:50 PM
They're both cool creatures. And both have their appeals and parts that are stupid about them.

Who's Stronger? The alien I think. In Alien 3 it broke free of melton lead. Seriously.
Who's more Agile? The alien. It is designed as being agile whilst the Predator is a humanoid.
Who's more Intelligent? Well the Predators have technology and a culture so i'd go with them. Not to say aliens are below human intelligents they're just don't need technology.
Who is more Durable? This is debatable. The alien would win because it survives the vacuum of space. But the Predator survived being forzen partially with liquid nirtogen , shot twice with a shot gun and survived a 20 foot wall and then getting its organs cut up for several minutes before being killed by Harrigan in Predator 2.

Right!  ;D

IMO Xenos are more durable. They can survive being in space, absolute  cold and vacuum. I don't know that Preds could endure this.

DeadCities

DeadCities

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 07, 2010, 05:45:50 PM

Aliens ain't got no funk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39Zz-pha6c

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed