Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,767 times)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 02:33:05 PM
There is, however, evidence to suggest that Aliens are stronger, which I outlined above.
Well That's what i mean ......i hav a problem with the "CANON" stuff!!
let ME put it this way...
1.think of the original alien... :P
2.now the original predator.. 8)
3.Pit them against each other.... ;D
i dont care abt the following movies are"CANON" or not ...they both are original..i would like to put my own brain to use ..rather than have another set of directors/comic book writers trying to tell us wat's canon! they just try to cash in with either franchise's name
!! that's all!!!! 8)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Even just going off the originals, the Alien withstood a vacuum and pulled itself back toward the Narcissus. Plus it lifted Brett straight up in the tall room without losing speed.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 03:23:31 PM
Even just going off the originals, the Alien withstood a vacuum and pulled itself back toward the Narcissus. Plus it lifted Brett straight up in the tall room without losing speed.
A vacuum withstanding alien doesn't mean it can survive wrist-blades/laser canon!!
brett was human...!

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Rahul. I tell you something, as a Pred-fan.
If Xenos would not be perfect, they would not be considered as ultimate Prey. But they are perfect. They are the embodiment of Black Warrior, hidden in the dark. Only the best can deal with it and survive. They are definition, which is measured by courage, martial art, and simply survival. They are a response to the ancient search for the meaning of excellence. They are drug, driving the race to the summit. They are equal. Otherwise, everything would be meaningless.
Reduction them to equipment of the dojo, to the aim for the plasma canon, it is simply blasphemy. Pride, which is the most dangerous enemy of every fighter.
Remember about Celtic, Scar or Chopper ....  ;)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 01, 2010, 04:00:40 PM
@Rahul. I tell you something, as a Pred-fan.
If Xenos would not be perfect, they would not be considered as ultimate Prey. But they are perfect. They are the embodiment of Black Warrior, hidden in the dark. Only the best can deal with it and survive. They are definition, which is measured by courage, martial art, and simply survival. They are a response to the ancient search for the meaning of excellence. They are drug, driving the race to the summit. They are equal. Otherwise, everything would be meaningless.
Reduction them to equipment of the dojo, to the aim for the plasma canon, it is simply blasphemy. Pride, which is the most dangerous enemy of every fighter.
Remember about Celtic, Scar or Chopper ....  ;)
U r missing the point...!!! :-\
wat am saying dont tell me what the non-original movies tell u...
u as an individual think abt the ridley scott's and McTierna's version and weigh them  !!!
U pred fan? dont think so!! :P

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 04:26:06 PM
U r missing the point...!!! :-\
wat am saying dont tell me what the non-original movies tell u...
u as an individual think abt the ridley scott's and McTierna's version and weigh them  !!!
U pred fan? dont think so!! :P

Non comments for this. Just non comments. :-\
Mr "I know the best".
People call it "conceit".  ;)

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

Aliens are much more interesting than Predators.

Predators are too boring to me.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I found predators a very mysterious race, and I have many questions about them. It's a matter of taste.

To the debate I'd like to say something.
@ Rahul
First those creatures can be compared, but clearly saying the hunter from p1 would defeat an alien like that would be a piece of cake... can be said, but lacks meaning. Even if you do the comparsion, there's the problem predators go after strong prey, which (according to p1) can kill them. So if you want to make any sense to the debate, you have to assume an alien has a chance to kill a predator. This way you could say a predator could kill an ewok, muhahahaha. Don't degrade my favourite creature!
You can't compare p1 and alien, it doesn't have a meaning again. The alien doesn't fight in that movie, it doesn't take any damage or a single attack. You can't know how much can it endure. So at least aliens must be concerned. (Or you can make concepts on your own, but in a debate like this that is irrelevant). Then, you know the facts about that film, so I'd be rather concerned with Predator 1. First: the shoulder canon can kill a human, when it hits it fully. Dutch didn't die, and the m-203 didn't fall to pieces. So one must assume it doesn't have the greatest devastating power. And it makes sense of course: is there a point in attacking a boar with a tactical missile? The wristblade didn't penetrate a rock. I hope you remember Aliens, and how much they endure. So according just this, and these movies it cannot be told, which of them would win. I don't have a solid opinion if just those two movies are concerned. I'd say predator, just because it can use hunting tactics and is smarter (and maybe as agile, but weaker) than an alien and I like that much more than alien :D. But it doesn't mean it can be deduced from those movies nor I underestimate aliens, that would be foolish. And would mean death (reference: p1, think). God, it's long. Listen to yourself:
Quotei would like to put my own brain to use
Will work, don't worry ;)

keylight-di

keylight-di

@Yeyinde. You perfectly summed up what I tried to explain. I hope that the more you will succeed.
Disregard for the opponent will always end in failure. Anytime ...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're right, but it's hard to look past the context of the film. The Predators in 1 & 2 had to die for the sake of the script.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a Pred kill everyone just for the sake of being anti-climatic.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 01, 2010, 10:33:16 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a Pred kill everyone just for the sake of being anti-climatic.

I hope the same for the Ali- wait. That's already happened! Ha ha, silly me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It did?

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Alien 3. Only guy who survived was an extra that got a few lines towards the end, so I don't really hold him to much importance. If you want to get abstract you could say Aliens, as well, since the only survivors besides Ripley were killed off in the opening credits, and Ripley was killed near the end credits, but I don't exactly count that.

SM

SM

Morse is a supporting character right throughout the film - he's far from "an extra that got a few lines towards the end".

And Alien3 was also far from anti-climactic.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: SM on Mar 02, 2010, 12:04:38 AM
Morse is a supporting character right throughout the film - he's far from "an extra that got a few lines towards the end".

And Alien3 was also far from anti-climactic.

I was mainly referring to the part where everyone dies. Alien 3 is, indeed, very far from anti-climactic. And I apologize if I made a mistake with the categorization of the character; no matter how much I love the film and try to tell them apart, the prisoners still get jumbled up sometimes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed