660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,639 times)

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Aliens don't ever get killed because of pride.

They usually get killed due to use of technology which the alien(s) have no understanding of.

For example, they didn't realise the sentry turrets were a threat until they started firing in Aliens, or the alien didn't realise the airlock doors could be opened to suck it into space in Alien.

Praetorian Xeno

Praetorian Xeno

Aliens for me, I love the way the hive is run in a structual way and is kept in order.  :)

Rebel-Blood

Rebel-Blood

To me Predator is cooler, but honestly I'm quite neutral when it comes to this because they both hunt humans for either sport or food. :(

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

I am so glad to see these aliens fans starting to come out here YAY!!!!!!!! Yes my brethen we shall destory these hunters and show them who is truely the superior life form!!!!!  :D

Aliens rulz, predators drool.  :D

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Darth Dude on Feb 27, 2010, 10:53:38 AM
Aliens rulz, predators drool.

Incorrect. Aliens rule and drool. Predators simply get stabbed in the face.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I concur with that statement.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

*Mwhahahahaha-hahahahaha-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BOOM!!!*

Just kidding, I'd never do soething like that :D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Don't kid yourself; of course you would. :)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

No way! :) I'd buy some booze and invite my killer for a party before I die :D Or just think 'not this crap again' and bury myself in a sea of leaves.

MostWanted95

MostWanted95

Me Predator because Aliens dont stand a chance against a Predator even a low rank one the only way that the Alien would win is in a group. But they would still lose

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: MostWanted95 on Feb 28, 2010, 03:55:26 AM
Me Predator because Aliens dont stand a chance against a Predator even a low rank one the only way that the Alien would win is in a group. But they would still lose

How so? Aliens dominate hand-to-hand, and can avoid the Predator's long range attacks. The Alien adapts to the environment with perfection; even in a brand new setting, the Alien can and will use everything around him to defeat his prey. As well, one of the Predator's major advantages, stealth, is completely negated by the Alien. This means that, for a Predator, he needs to be incredibly clever to take down an Alien, and to take down about three, he'd need to utterly utilize every piece of his equipment in every way to win. Against larger groups? He's quite dead.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Couldn't have put it better myself.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I don't agree on that aliens dominate hand to hand. I think they are stronnger then predators (though I don't know it's extent; but predators haven't ripped open a steal door) but that doesn't necessarily mean dominance. Preds can observe and affect the battle with their intellect, more importantly their combat experience. That would be an advantage aliens they coildn't bring in, assuming they're simple, mindless killing machines. But they are not. So I think the importance of this is great, but aliens can balance this a bit. Though preds' projectiles aren't really easy to dodge.
QuoteThis means that, for a Predator, he needs to be incredibly clever to take down an Alien,
No, I think only average intellect and experience (that' not even here, but on higher levels) is needed. But one alien is the key for me. The gap between fighting one and two aliens is heaven and hell. Two aliens combine their attacks in a clever way, so normally a hunter would lost. For two, extremely high battle experienced is needed I think. For three too, but for a group (which I think is nearly impossible to defeat alone) a very intelligent and highly experienced hunter is needed.
All in all, I think one alien could easily kill a low rank predator in close combat, but a normal hunter could deal with an alien and reverse (I'd say 50:50), but against multiple enemies it would lose. With those only more battle hardened hunters could deal.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

How did a franchise with this potential end up with us ever doubting the power of an Eldritch Abomination beyond human comprehension?

The argument should not be:

"Would an Alien or a Predator win?"

It should be:

"What tactics can a Predator use to defeat an Alien?"

Why?

Because the franchise itself implies it but fails to capitalise on the potential for truly impressive battles. Aliens may be the whipping boys in terms of the output material, but Predators are equally as let-down. Instead of being clever and resourceful, they're limited to be being humanised, bronze-age hero archetypes. Anderson had his faults but he got this right. Celtic is set up to defeat Grid, not due to his own strength, but due to his quick-thinking. In an instant, he thinks of using his netgun to trap Grid and it's only his arrogance afterwards that lets him down. That was tense, entertaining and a testament to the combat adaptability of both species.

The entire underlying concept of an Alien is its superiority. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility, and it's up to the Predators to overcome that. We rarely see that - we generally just see PUNCHURGHDEAD or BLAMBLAMBLAM. We don't see Aliens and Predators testing one-another's agility, cleverness, resourcefulness or creativity - at least, not often enough.

After all, Predators are elite hunters. Aliens are (probably) war-machines created via biotechnology for a lost but vastly superior race. Predators shouldn't want to have a stand-up fight with Aliens, because that's where Aliens are supposed to win via concept. Predators should win by using their hunting techniques, with emphasis on skill and judgement, not brute strength.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed