660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,643 times)

The Demon

The Demon

I never understand why Predator's "relying" on their technology makes them lesser than the Alien..

Just a random thought I'd put out there.

Rabies

Rabies

As a species I would totally go with Alien no doubt hive mind kicks ass, they're like an army of ninjas silently sliding through the shadows. but on an individual level predator all the way, the mask alone would be worth it

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Quote from: The Demon on Sep 16, 2009, 12:38:19 AM
I never understand why Predator's "relying" on their technology makes them lesser than the Alien..

Me neither.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Because Alien fans need something to wank over.

That help?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 15, 2009, 11:15:48 PM
I think modern-day weaponry would be able to kill an Alien. Ever heard of .50 calibre?

Even enough 5.56 NATO rounds would probably put down an Alien, but the thing about the pulse rifle isn't the size of the rounds or the muzzle velocity - it's that they're both designed for piercing armour and explosive. In ALIENS, we saw Aliens shrugging off 9mm rounds to the head at pretty close range.

The other thing about the Alien replacing the Predator in that situation is this:

It could simply wait until nightfall and slaughter them all silently. Since it's not interested in the hunt itself, it's free to use any and every measure to achieve victory.

It doesn't make them "lesser". But there's no way an unarmed Predator is going to take out an Alien, as the Alien's combination of natural weapons, a hard exoskeleton and acid blood render the Predator's immense strength pretty ineffective. Predators need their technology to take on Aliens, and most of it - the fairly balanced match-up between Alien and Predator is what makes the conflict this franchise is based upon so interesting in part.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: wolfboy22 on Sep 16, 2009, 02:32:43 AM

Me neither.

Try living your ass in the Serengeti for a month with absolutely nothing, then get back to us, if you're still alive.

Technology is only an advantage as long as a platform to support the usage of that technology exists.

SM

SM

Nekkid Alien > nekkid Predator every time.

SiL

SiL

Unless you're a Pred fanboy.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Or unless you're Dachande.  :D

CHAINS

CHAINS

its their down fall everytime!

Puks

Puks

I love both franchises, so it's not an easy decision, but I'll vote for Alien because of it's fascinating design and sexual overtones, which I always found intriguing.

Edit: Whaaaa? The predator is winning? Didn't expect those results.

CHAINS

CHAINS

neither did I ? the major theme here is mostly alien! i do like them both too but mostly alien is what works for me cause their the ultimate weapon!

rycher

rycher

id say Alien because the design is much more scarier than Pred. and Alien is a killer that kills things on site (not always due to impregnating )  , while the Pred. only hunts for sport.....

SM

SM

QuoteUnless you're a Pred fanboy.

In which case it'd be every time and twice on Sundays.

Celtic_Hunter

Celtic_Hunter

yea an alien will kill a poor child scared in the dark while a predator hunts only the toughest.I like that predators have mercy and intelligence the single technology thing i like at them is cloaking.In rest wristblades a netgun a speargun and a disc is enough for eliminating a threat or alien hive like in avp.(i mean a predator party)Also i like theyre self destruct mode.Aliens are awesome but man they arent ultimate weapon lol.They where always eliminated in one way or another.A hive by 3 preds(and a human)a queen by Ripley.And a hive by wolf.Ok the nuke at the end destroy them but a lot of aliens whre killed by wolf and humans.But wolf was alone and hunted humans also whyle he destroyed the mess that was created in colorado.Predators dont scare you first time only when they come and take your head.And that crrrr sound is so creepy.Ok aliens are absolute horror.Predators stalk you and creep u out before too finish u.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed