660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,739 times)

Jangerweil

Jangerweil

I Absolutely love both, but predator is overall my favorite, Main reason for that is the honor they have, and the gear they use is for lack of a better word, smexy >.<

Dr.Pred

Dr.Pred

Aliens are cool, but I prefer Predators by far; I love the hunt and the gear they use its awesome.

hunter snake

hunter snake

i've voted with my eyes closed, aliens are to great for not voting them, i voted predators, but i dont think they are much better,i just enjoyed that freedom, that wild instinct that drives them on.

Zyklon

Zyklon

I love Predator, but he's too much of a loveable anti-hero - which is fine, but it doesn't really have the psychological impact of the Alien, which is a thing of nightmares. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It did, in the first movie IMO. It was a hunter from the stars that no one had seen before and liked to toy with its prey before finally finishing them off in a very brutal manner. That's what I'd like to see in the next Predator movie; a hunter that shows no mercy when hunting its prey.

saeytan2

saeytan2

Predators are smarter, more patient, and far more intelligent... with so many delightful ways to kill you. and pretty much anything else. just everything they're about, the hunt, the trophies. the fact that even though they're basically killing machines they still obey a strict code of honor. Everything about them just screams awesome...except for AvP of course. I think the Predator is the best scifi alien ever created. and of course the Aliens are right behind in the no.2 spot.. more like 1.5 actually.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Predators aren't more intelligent. Aliens don't succumb to their own egos, which is what killed the first two Predators we've seen.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: saeytan2 on Aug 03, 2009, 09:26:23 AM
and far more intelligent... they still obey a strict code of honor.

Debatable.

saeytan2

saeytan2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 03, 2009, 05:31:44 PM
Predators aren't more intelligent. Aliens don't succumb to their own egos, which is what killed the first two Predators we've seen.

Yes, agreed. But that is exactly what the Predators are all about. Their personal egos are a significant part of their whole existence. I'm not glorifying egos here. The Predators are the way they are because it is built into their culture. Aliens just multiply and kill anything in their way. Like cancer, or a biological weapon just infecting everything it touches. I've just always viewed the Predators as having more of a character, more complex in comparison to an alien.   

Cpt.Lewis

Cpt.Lewis

Aliens for me, mainly because I love the films, the sound they make and I like their design

Selthera

Selthera

The Alien.

Ash's assessment summed it up perfectly.

It IS indeed the perfect organism.

No morality. No religion. No delusions of grandure. No ego. No need for money or desire for power.

They seek simple perpetuation. Survival.

I would go further and say that Alien: Resurrection showed us more as to their individual personalities within the pages of the book, but I consider the entire story to be a tainted piece of work. As much as I enjoyed the idea of the Aliens communicating and us humans being privy to those thoughts and how they feel, but at the same time, because these Aliens are not...pure, it's hard to accept them for what they are.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Sure, if one defines perfection as having the aforementioned traits you've mentioned.

Selthera

Selthera

Perfection, no matter how we choose to define it, is a matter of perception and interpretation. We, being human, cannot truly percieve perfection in another being without establishing a series of predefining qualities.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Your statement is too evident to be doubted.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Aliens may not be as intelligent or technically advanced as preds but they're more animalistic and brutal so I choose Aliens. -Lurves the way Alpha Alien pinned Celtic with no effort-

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed