654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,149 times)

b-raz

b-raz

Predators:

Why?

They have the best of both worlds: Our intelligence(if not, more), advanced technology and an enhanced alien physiology.
Their weapons and equip is all really cool, I like the fact that they have honor for some of their prey and they're just badass, plain and simple. They look awesome, the dreads. the cloak. the plasma caster. I mean....c'mon.

Garo Predator

Garo Predator

Who here doesn't want Wolf back he Rocked!!!

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Garo Predator on Jan 29, 2008, 12:49:56 AM
Who here doesn't want Wolf back he Rocked!!!

Meh, not much characterization on him anyway, so my answer is meh...

WarMachine

WarMachine

Aliens. Giger's original design is creepy and unlike any other monster, though Preds designs are amazing, it was only designed by a studio guy or whoever it was.

Iron Hide

Iron Hide

Quote from: Internecivus Raptus on Jan 30, 2008, 04:22:54 AM
Aliens. Giger's original design is creepy and unlike any other monster, though Preds designs are amazing, it was only designed by a studio guy or whoever it was.

Stan Winston

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Who built the Alien costumes?

And ya, I think most people would agree the Alien is the scariest looking creature in film history.

Iron Hide

Iron Hide

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 30, 2008, 01:48:09 PM

Who built the Alien costumes?

Giger Himself

Harkus

Harkus

I'm going to say alien. They are scarier than the predators and i think they look cooler

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Harkus on Feb 01, 2008, 08:41:50 PM
I'm going to say alien. They are scarier than the predators and i think they look cooler

I disagree. The Alien can hide in corners and such much more easily b/c of it's curvy shape. That gives them a huge advantage of surprise. Plus they just look more sleek.

The Predator is definitely the uglier creature though.

The Hunter

The Hunter

QuoteThat part really let me down at the theater due to the fact that I grew up reading AVP comics where it would take a gang of aliens to take out a predator. The formula that got me hooked on AVP was that the predators had strength in technology where the aliens had strength in numbers. This is one of the main reasons I'm not a huge fan of the AVP movie. Mr Anderson messed with the formula too much.

This post really got to me when I was reading this. I don't mean to sound mean, though. He was sort of right. P:redators do have strength in technology. B ut the Aliens' strength is not in numbers. Every single Alien is just as deadly as any Predator. Two or three Aliens against a Predator would be able to take it down. As long as it wasn't a plasma shooting-gallery. (AvP.)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

What none of the comic fans bring up is that when the Predators did kill multiple Aliens the Predator was either armed with energy weapons or shown to be an experienced elder.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 02, 2008, 07:28:08 AM
What none of the comic fans bring up is that when the Predators did kill multiple Aliens the Predator was either armed with energy weapons or shown to be an experienced elder.

Not always. In AvP #3, the first Predator went thru like 6 Aliens or so and was killed at the end; he was a youngin'.

fastcomet

fastcomet

not sure probably alien

waldo 1

waldo 1

[This post really got to me when I was reading this. I don't mean to sound mean, though. He was sort of right. P:redators do have strength in technology. B ut the Aliens' strength is not in numbers. Every single Alien is just as deadly as any Predator. Two or three Aliens against a Predator would be able to take it down. As long as it wasn't a plasma shooting-gallery. (AvP.)
[/quote]

I think that to.I hate when it takes like 20 aliens to take a pred down. >:(

Fenrir

Fenrir

I like predators better, cool design. the way they hunt with stealth n their weapons

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed