660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,754 times)

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

I would say Predators (Yatjua), they are just too cool. They are the truly superior species (of the three)!

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

I pick aliens now because they are so adaptable and so many types.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: Chaim Witz on Dec 18, 2007, 08:00:12 PM
I pick aliens now because they are so adaptable and so many types.

Yeah, they can blend in and adapt to anything there is around to overcome their prey/enemies.

ChasuFett

ChasuFett

Here is how I break it down:

If the situation involves a fixed number of Predators inside an Alien hive, who chooses not to (or cannot) escape the hive, then it's merely a matter of time until the relentless swarm of Aliens overwhelms the Predators. In this situation, the Aliens pwn the hardest.

Aliens - 1
Predator - 0

If, on the other hand, the situation involves an open-space, where the Predator run freely and use vertical space to his advantage, he can probably blast Aliens all day long with his laser-cannon before anyone of them get close. Then again, I don't know - maybe even there, the Aliens could still get him, given enough time. They're some clever, cunning, relentless motherf**kers. It's possible. But the Predator certainly has the upper hand in this situation.

Aliens - 1

Predator - 1

When we're talking about 1-on-1, up-close combat with no use of weapons, then the Alien has more advantages. They are simply designed to be the most naturally dangerous organism EVER. They have like, a 15 ft. long tail that will easily penetrate a Predators body. They're strong as hell. The Alien that penetrated the Predator with its tail, even lifted the Predator with it. They can spit acid and melt their victim's existence. They can tear shit up with their claws, and get really nasty with their secondary mandibles. And this is just the ordinary, standard drone based from a human host we're talking about.

Aliens - 2

Predator - 1

Aliens win, 2:1. And THAT, is why the Predator considers them the "Ultimate Prey". Because they know they're HARD to beat.

JMR

JMR

QuoteWhen we're talking about 1-on-1, up-close combat with no use of weapons, then the Alien has more advantages. They are simply designed to be the most naturally dangerous organism EVER. They have like, a 15 ft. long tail that will easily penetrate a Predators body. They're strong as hell. The Alien that penetrated the Predator with its tail, even lifted the Predator with it. They can spit acid and melt their victim's existence. They can tear shit up with their claws, and get really nasty with their secondary mandibles. And this is just the ordinary, standard drone based from a human host we're talking about.

So sorry but I disagree... For one, the predator is smarter than the alien which gives him such a huge advantage it's scary. If they are both equally strong( which to, I don't agree, think the predator is about 15% stronger) the alien is going to lose. Especially if the predator is a experienced warrior who knows how the aliens operate. When you know what your enemy is all about, you are expected to win. He's a hunter, the aliens are the hunted. Period. The weapons of the predator are also a HUGE advantage to the aliens close quarter combat skills. He can blast, slice, spear, blow up, throw at, lift, cut, and disintagrate anything in it's path, plus can see anything before it can see it!?!?!?! So many weapons at his disposal it's stupid...... How can you possibly tell me he has the disadvantage?.........
    I know you said without weapons, but when does a predator ever go on a hunt unarmed? Doesn't make sense. Even with it's wristblades alone, he knows how to counter the alien. The alien doesn't know what his enemy has in store for him, he goes in blind.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: JMR on Dec 19, 2007, 08:30:51 AM
QuoteWhen we're talking about 1-on-1, up-close combat with no use of weapons, then the Alien has more advantages. They are simply designed to be the most naturally dangerous organism EVER. They have like, a 15 ft. long tail that will easily penetrate a Predators body. They're strong as hell. The Alien that penetrated the Predator with its tail, even lifted the Predator with it. They can spit acid and melt their victim's existence. They can tear shit up with their claws, and get really nasty with their secondary mandibles. And this is just the ordinary, standard drone based from a human host we're talking about.

So sorry but I disagree... For one, the predator is smarter than the alien which gives him such a huge advantage it's scary. If they are both equally strong( which to, I don't agree, think the predator is about 15% stronger) the alien is going to lose. Especially if the predator is a experienced warrior who knows how the aliens operate. When you know what your enemy is all about, you are expected to win. He's a hunter, the aliens are the hunted. Period. The weapons of the predator are also a HUGE advantage to the aliens close quarter combat skills. He can blast, slice, spear, blow up, throw at, lift, cut, and disintagrate anything in it's path, plus can see anything before it can see it!?!?!?! So many weapons at his disposal it's stupid...... How can you possibly tell me he has the disadvantage?.........
    I know you said without weapons, but when does a predator ever go on a hunt unarmed? Doesn't make sense. Even with it's wristblades alone, he knows how to counter the alien. The alien doesn't know what his enemy has in store for him, he goes in blind.

What i think its this, to me its simple....."The predator has always got the edge because he is the hunter, and the aliens are the hunted.........but thats until there ignorance causes them to make a mistake and thats when the alien makes its move.."

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Aliens are acting solely on it's instincts whereas Predators have a good sense of honor, respect and brutality. So the Predators have a very good chance against the pesky Aliens they are dealing with as the Predators themselves have a good knowledge of the Aliens, their weakness and origins.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 19, 2007, 12:46:43 PM
Aliens are acting solely on it's instincts whereas Predators have a good sense of honor, respect and brutality. So the Predators have a very good chance against the pesky Aliens they are dealing with as the Predators themselves have a good knowledge of the Aliens, their weakness and origins.

I got to agree with Clyde. And some others coz take AVP where Celtic tosses grid all over the place!
And i can hear ppl say (BUT GRID KILLED CELTIC) i know Celtic Deid coz he got COCCY if he wasn't he would have killed Grid! ;D

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: BlkSoul on Dec 20, 2007, 06:50:40 AM
Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 19, 2007, 12:46:43 PM

I got to agree with Clyde. And some others coz take AVP where Celtic tosses grid all over the place!
And i can hear ppl say (BUT GRID KILLED CELTIC) i know Celtic Deid coz he got COCCY if he wasn't he would have killed Grid! ;D

Yeah, preds always got the advantage in a fight, unless this is more then on alien. but preds have edge on a one on one fight untill the pred makes a mistake then the alien capitilizes on it.....

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

That's right, my friend. Besides, Celtic Predator is still a young and haughty warrior and got killed because of it's pride or haughtiness.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 20, 2007, 09:05:10 AM

That's right, my friend. Besides, Celtic Predator is still a young and haughty warrior and got killed because of it's pride or haughtiness.
Thanx some one gets my piont!!!!!

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: BlkSoul on Dec 20, 2007, 09:44:54 AM

Thanx some one gets my piont!!!!!

Of course I do get your point, yo!

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Celtic was playing around with grid, but then he underestimated the danger's of the xenomorph then he died....

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: Optimus Prime on Dec 20, 2007, 11:35:00 AM
Celtic was playing around with grid, but then he underestimated the danger's of the xenomorph then he died....

Yes, the Celtic Predator could have actually defeated the Grid Alien in no time, if not for it's haughtiness that have overshadowed it.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 20, 2007, 11:39:54 AM
Quote from: Optimus Prime on Dec 20, 2007, 11:35:00 AM

Yes, the Celtic Predator could have actually defeated the Grid Alien in no time, if not for it's haughtiness that have overshadowed it.

He was over confident and cocky, like mayn humans today....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed