660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,069 times)

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I like them both alot, but i have to pick predator because thats the first one i seen then i saw alien so, i pick PREDATOR!

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

I think by this point, I slightly prefer the Alien.

Jegeren

Jegeren

Honestly I can't decide. Even though the Predators would probably annihilate the aliens in an actual "war", I say I like them both the same. The sheer ferocity of the aliens is just sweet and the gadgetry of the predators is nice too. Plus I enjoy the alien caste system and how their appearance depends on their host. Let's not forget the acid blood. As for the Predators, their motherships look like they can end a war alone and their trophy kills are nasty. Moviewise, I would say overall, that the alien films were more enjoyable.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I would definitely say that the design of the aliens is better and that it is, in my opinion, what an "alien" should look like. However, I chose the Predator because I just like the Predator better for it is what made me love the franchises.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 26, 2007, 11:25:00 PM
Aliens for me because:

- they have a really cool design
- have an interseting life cycle
- most original (what I mean by that is that they are not civilised or sophisticated in any way. Predators believe in honour and have made their own weapons, clans, ships and probably religions, Aliens are just creatures from outer-space that have one drive and that is to breed and kill, thats original)
the alien is the best, for that reasons

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Its pred till I'm dead... Nuff said.

PREDATOR-HUNTER_2168

PREDATOR-HUNTER_2168

Predator. I like the Alien films and the creature but i just love the predator movies and the design of him :)

Annapurna1

Annapurna1

thats a difficult question to answer.. bcos IMAO..humans are like a delicate balance of alien and predator.. and we become predaliens if either side gets the upper hand...(i will post a separate thread on this topic if there isnt already one)...

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Quote from: Annapurna1 on Jan 05, 2013, 01:14:28 AM
thats a difficult question to answer.. bcos IMAO..humans are like a delicate balance of alien and predator.. and we become predaliens if either side gets the upper hand...(i will post a separate thread on this topic if there isnt already one)...

Interesting, personally, I find Preds more similar to humans and that's one of the reasons I'm a bigger fan of them than xenos. Though I can understand why one can see that
Quotedelicate balance

ScarPredator14

ScarPredator14

HA!
more predator fans  ;D

demonbane

demonbane

Each one has its unique characteristic. Also, each one brought new and fresh impact during its time.
Sure, parastic nature and space nomedic hunting may not be totally unique even during that time, but the way they were executed totally makes them unique imo. There weren't that many alien parasites when Alien debut. (Though I feel bogus about Exlt being predecessor of Alien as Fox lost copyright law suit. Hopefully, Assassin's Creed team won't lose to greedy lawsuit.)
BTW, Alien's nature is not that far fetched. There are parasitic creatures like that on earth. Wasp for example lay eggs inside other larvas. Later, Wasp larvas bust out of their hosts.

Predator on the other hand, is about honor which make me choose them over Alien. Their unique technology. Their unique sound. Signature.

The preference of each species shows each person's taste I think.

Legacy_305

Legacy_305

I prefer the predators slightly more. Even though I have great respect for the originality as well as the ferocity of both species I just have to go with the predators. Aliens are born with a natural skill at being efficient, deadly killing machines. On the other hand, humans depend on their tools and training to survive and get the job done. However, Predators, in my opinion, take the best of all these aspects in order to survive. They train themselves to become natural killing machines like the Aliens and they equip themselves with tools and training like Marines would. Ultimately they make themselves better for it by learning and adapting through others. What else is there to say? *shrugs*  ;D

Elicas

Elicas

I much prefer Aliens, I like my sci fi dirty and as 'realistic' as possible.

Ingenious Alien

Ingenious Alien

I love Aliens for many reasons, but the main one is that they are by far more eerie and, well, scary. You could most likely reason with a predator, and get them to spare/work with you. You absolutely can not get an Alien to follow your will. Then theres the fact that aliens swarm, creating a very ominous reading on a motion tracker. You check the tracker and only see one dot compared to checking and seeing a solid wall coming towards you. To further illustrate my point, think about how well you could barricade a place to stop a Predator, then think about Aliens. With a Predator you just seal up the hallways, lay down a few sentry guns, and pray they don't have very good explosives. With Aliens, you do the same thing, but just when you think your safe you realize that A) Your sentry guns just ran out of ammo, B) The power just got cut, C) Now they're past the barriers and walls without even being seen, D) HOLY S*** they're in the ceiling!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Predators easily. They're badass, mostly have a sense of honor, awesome weapons and armor, and more variety then the Aliens.

What more can I say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed