654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,817 times)

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: bleau on Jul 12, 2011, 02:59:45 AM
Quote from: Divpax on Jul 11, 2011, 11:11:48 PM
You guys really don't get what I mean by cowardly. I'm referring to a species higher than ours killing us for fun. I am aware they get into difficult situations (I've seen the bloody movies), what I'm talking about is the principle of it. Killing a less advanced species for fun.

We do it too though, Seriously, whats the point?.
Because that isn't all we as a race do. Forget all EU and remember that all we ever see predators do in the movies is pick on lower species.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

You guys really don't get what I mean by cowardly. I'm referring to a species higher than ours killing us for fun. I am aware they get into difficult situations (I've seen the bloody movies), what I'm talking about is the principle of it. Killing a less advanced species for fun.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean a thing. If killing a less advanced species is just as bloody dangerous as murdering the hell out of a much more advanced one (dunno, let's talk about the species of the Covenant from Halo one, based on ONLY the game) is approximately on the same threat level, it doesn't matter. Also you still dunno why they  civilization has gone in this direction. Maybe they are hunting for some high principals (sacrifice for the almighty whatever God, where heat represents the agony of soul), and then hunting in their culture is a must, no matter what they hunt. This latter theory I seriously doubt. But you can't know, and also you can't know what species they are after when they hunt, there may be much more advanced then them. But still, you cannot know. Based on the movies, that is.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Divpax on Jul 12, 2011, 03:06:53 AM
Quote from: bleau on Jul 12, 2011, 02:59:45 AM

We do it too though, Seriously, whats the point?.
Because that isn't all we as a race do. Forget all EU and remember that all we ever see predators do in the movies is pick on lower species.

Humans have the capabilities to kill a Predator. In the eyes of a Predator, that makes us equal.

craigisnutter

craigisnutter

Alien for me, for a multitude of reasons.

It was one of my earliest exposures to what film really can be, just a mind blowing, heart felt story and at the heart of it are these non-stop, inhuman killing machines.

Despite the fact that they are the more obscure looking and less humanoid of the two, for me, in some way, they just seem to be more believable. Maybe it's the fact that they move in such random and unusual ways and for me, an Alien wouldn't be humanoid in its look and movment. It's Alien afterall.

Preds, seem to have a heart at times. No, wait, here me out. Predators...now in my mind, a Pred should never want to help someone escape a planet, wethere they've been freed by them or not. They should be more Hey, Thanks, before blowing his guts for miles around. Similarly, the trap using Danny Trejo as bait. Pred shouldn't even begin to comprehend the idea of helping your fellow man, so they shouldn't have even been able to conceive a plan like this. Just mow the bastards down where they stand.

The amazing interaction between Aliens, The Queen and Ripley....that's just absolute gold in my mind. That is something that is never gonna be able to be replicated, copied or even bother to be attempted in a scenario like this again. Superb, superb cinema.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: craigisnutter on Jul 16, 2011, 02:06:10 PM
Preds, seem to have a heart at times. No, wait, here me out. Predators...now in my mind, a Pred should never want to help someone escape a planet, wethere they've been freed by them or not. They should be more Hey, Thanks, before blowing his guts for miles around. Similarly, the trap using Danny Trejo as bait. Pred shouldn't even begin to comprehend the idea of helping your fellow man, so they shouldn't have even been able to conceive a plan like this. Just mow the bastards down where they stand.

A. Honour
B. Trophies
C. Honour

Predators are interesting because their not mindless killing machines. They HUNT. Predators are HUNTERS. They're not going to mow them straight down in one second, but they want sport, challenge.

craigisnutter

craigisnutter

Ye, fair enough, I phrased that badly.

But the idea of a pred willingly offering to help someone escape the planet, shouldn't happen. Honour or not, we're a lower life form, we are just prey.

XenomorphX5

XenomorphX5

Aliens. I can't pinpoint EXACTLY why, maybe it was because I watched the alien series first? Something about stalky, creepy killers makes me so happy. I love their hive system as well.

Though, I do like Predators. They just don't fascinate me as much, y'know?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: craigisnutter on Jul 22, 2011, 01:24:03 PM

But the idea of a pred willingly offering to help someone escape the planet, shouldn't happen. Honour or not, we're a lower life form, we are just prey.

Would you kill a lower life form if it saved your life? In addition, I believe it did bother the Classic Predator.  That's why it choked Royce before letting him go. As if it was saying "Just this time, mudda pukka".

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 22, 2011, 03:31:07 PM
Quote from: craigisnutter on Jul 22, 2011, 01:24:03 PM

Would you kill a lower life form if it saved your life? In addition, I believe it did bother the Classic Predator.  That's why it choked Royce before letting him go. As if it was saying "Just this time, mudda pukka".

hahaha I remember laughing when I saw classic choke him. It made me smile in the movie theather. :D

¿xenoyuatja?

¿xenoyuatja?

i like them both equally the same each is a unique creature with desires to kill alot of people and each other so i say they are tied

Alpha alien grid

Alpha alien grid

Aliens. Preds are badass, but an alien is a living weapon. They take their hosts species and make it more powerful.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Alien or Predator? Hmmmmmm lol, someone can confuse this ansesegment by saying "Predalien" hehehehe
Well to be honest, I love Alien and Predator a helluvaobut im gonna have t go with Predator a little bit more.
The alien dont get me wrong, is amazing...the fact that it truly is itself, a weapon really really cool, it has acidic blood so knives and swords wont do much, they can explode when shot too much, their upper body being exo and the lower being endo, their pharyngeal or inner jaw, their claws and teeth! Overall, the perfect organism.
Now, because I like Predator more is, well
Their Honour code is very interesting, they dont kill with hate, they kill with passion of honour. If a predator violates the code is a bad blood, their ranks and of course, their body structure, 7ft humanoids, their mandibles and their skull-connected dreadlocks, I also love their weaponary and their armour, especially Tracker and Ghost's and especially the masks

delsaber8

delsaber8

well said.

Enenra

Enenra

Aliens because of the sleek design, the alienness of them, the stealthy aspect, the scares provided since 1979, and that acid blood. Acid-freakin'-blood man.

Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus

I honestly love both movies and the design of both creatures, but to me it's all about the Predators. It's just something about their elegance, their designs, and over all prop design that makes me absolutely love them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed